action needed (they want to ban reiki unless you have license (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Mike

Healer & Empath
Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2016
Southern, California
www.facebook.com

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
So this will impact just that state in the U.S.A, if it passes, but then other states may adopt something similar I assume as a result of it passing? Did you see how much a licence would cost?

Reactions: Stargazer

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
First there will be a state licensing board staffed by people who know nothing about the field. There may be entry test so you can prove you know your business, and even an apprentice level, where beginning people work under supervision. Then there will be an investigator who researches complaints against licensees. Somehow the worst offenders manage to slide through with a warning and a requirement to take an Ethics course. Then continuing education (CE) will be mandated, again by people who know nothing. There will be some decent courses, but most will be offered by companies in the business of providing CE, which means poor content. So each period (1 or 2 years), you get to fork out a lot of money. Sigh....... at least I don't have to go through that circus anymore.

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
It seems this kind of thing is going on everywhere. In many states in the USA practicing Quantum Healing Hypnosis (QHHT) is against the law unless you're a licensed therapist or an ordained minister. I got ordained in The Universal Life Church to get around the law. The ULC grants ordination without regards to a person's spritual or religious beliefs. I can actually perform a marriage ceremony legally now although I never have. :) I'm legally a minister now so I can perform QHHT with no issues. How's that for silly?

Last edited:

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
It seems this kind of thing is going on everywhere. I'm many states in the USA practicing Quantum Healing Hynosis (QHHT) is against the law unless you're a licensed therapist or an ordained minister. I got ordained in The Universal Life Church to get around the law. The ULC grants ordination without regards to a person's spritual or religious beliefs. I can actually perform a marriage ceremony legally now although I never have. :) I'm legally a minister now so I can perform QHHT with no issues. How's that for silly?
I had to reply in words because I needed funny, sad, and crazy emoticons. I think this is another WTH moment - a minister - really??
On the other hand, we just learned something really interesting about you. ;)

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
The important thing is get in on the ground floor before they start adding other requirements, and so on.

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
I remember sitting in the waiting room of the vice department at a California police station with midget circus performers and some well-dressed ladies waiting to have my license for massage processed. Didn't need one for energy work if there was no skin-to-skin touch, but with massage of course there is. After all, with energy work you're just "waving hands around in the air". Right. o_O Meanwhile, hands of control get a tighter grip. Perhaps soon that will break. But, what Linda says, get in before it gets (more) crazy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)