A vote on the image for Bernie's Unspun News (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Which image should be used with Unspun Articles on transients.info?

• The wave hitting the bow of the ship

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • The rope with the love heart

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
This thread is a followup thread, but with a poll, from this thread here, Help me find a picture for Bernie's Unspun News. Within 48 hours the new transients.info site will go live and the way articles work is that they each require an image to represent them when displayed on the site. Right now we will pick one image to use with Bernie's Unspun News that he posts on a daily basis. We have two choices to go with. Bernie is fine for me to decide, but I will leave the choice up to a vote around the Roundtable.

I think the first image better describes what Unspun is, and may resonate more with those regular readers of it.

big_wave2 (1).jpg
(CC licence) credit to NOAA

This second image below is more appealing in terms of quality, but also an energetic sense, and may also be a good direction to head in, in terms of not so much focus on the negative side of life within Usnpun? If you are a regular reader of Unspun, you will understand what I mean.

rope-1469244_960_720.jpg
Image in the public domain

Bernie was once a captain at sea, so that is another reason why we have ropes and ships.

Votes are anonymous.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I voted for the heart-rope because the content of the message is immediately defined; rope can be unspun or untwined; it is made of hemp and corded together provides exponential strength, whereas a single strand would not be able to carry the burden.
I feel the waves breaking over the bow of the ship have an element of overwhelm (which I agree news picked out of the mainstream can have) but water is also transformative, but in this picture, very turbulent. I think even the whales would stay under in these conditions!

Reactions: Sinera

Brooke

Mother Bear
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
Australia
I realise this is probably already sorted now, but I saw an image that instantly made me think of this lol. It was a globe made of rope being unravelled. I'm sure it was probably not a public domain image but perhaps it is something to consider in future, or maybe I can create one similar if I ever have time to do so lol.

OP
Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I just used their calculator and it would cost me $300 to use it in the context of Unspun. Perhaps if transients had the funds it might be worth it, but I guess it's not really an options. But that is great picture!

Brooke

Mother Bear
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
Australia
Oh wow that is a lot! Surely we have a few talented people here who might be able to design something similar? Haha. Something to think about in the long run I suppose, I just thought I'd mention it while it was still on my mind :)

Reactions: Laron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)