A Positive from a Negative | Abebooks & a Positive Future (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I posted this here, on this board, because we need more positive news and reports, but how can we go about achieving that when so many are conditioned to focus on the negative?

Back in October before I left the USA to return home to New Zealand, I ordered an updated version of When I go to Sleep: A Course in Dreams and Out-of-Body Experiences. The new version I ordered is titled, The Astral Codex: Using Dreams and Out-of-Body Experiences on a Spiritual Journey.

I placed my order with the online site AbeBooks, in the UK, which I located from using the website https://booko.co.nz/ to find the cheapest copy available — it searches multiple sites and includes shipping costs.

My current copy

when i go to sleep.jpg

My new copy (I wish it looked this good)

the astral codex.jpg

Upon arriving home my package was waiting to be opened. To by dismay, this brand new book came with a surprise: water damage, including a warped cover and an uncomfortable stench (like something you would find in the toilet).

book 3.jpg
book2.jpg
book 1.jpg

The interesting thing is, is that the package was not damaged or wet, and the book seemed like it had received the water damage a long time ago.

Today, three and a half weeks later (I shouldn't have waited so long, I know) I decided to contact AbeBooks about this issue, since I happened to be on their site after being directed there once more because booko said they were the cheapest for a Christmas gift I ordered.

Within about ten minutes of sending the message off—reporting the problem—I received a response.

"Hi Laron,
I am very sorry to hear that your order arrived in an unacceptable condition.Would it be possible to provide us with photos of the damage and we can then look into this for you?
Kind Regards,
Customer Advisor."
Note that this is the first time I have ever done anything like this online, as I don't often purchase many things and hence rarely run into issues. I grabbed my phone and took some photos, sent them to my PC, resized them and sent them on, all within about five minutes. Another five minutes passed, so we are talking about 20 minutes or so in total, I had a response.

"Hi Laron,
Thank you for your reply.We have reordered this title for you and it will be dispatched to you shortly.There is no need to return the damaged item to us.
Kind Regards,
Customer Advisor"
What a surprise. I didn't really know how that was going to turn out, but I was happy with the outcome.

This book is important to me as it contains a 9 week course on astral projection and out of body travel. Back in 2008 I took this course in a group setting at an International Gnostic center in Sydney, Australia.

On week six I had my first conscious out of body experience, and this opened up many future doors — a life changing experience.

While I have tried other courses, from Monroe’s Gateway Experience to Robert Bruce’s CD companion astral projection course/book, I always respect this first one I did since it worked and was not complicated in anyway, however, in addition to this course, I was also doing a bunch of other courses at the center which all contributed to the success (mantra's, mediation, metaphysical theory, ego work), I feel, and has helped me mentor and teach others years later.

I have been keen to see the additions and updates, so I'm looking forward to reading the Astral Codex by Mark Pritchard, aka Belsebuub. You can find the official homepage for this book here, over on Mark’s site, belsebuub.com. There is also another section of his site here, covering thee book in much more detail.

Goodreads has some great user reviews below the book, here. By the way, I'm on goodreads, yet I don't use it very often, but feel free to add me (it looks like I'm still in the US, I need to update that!).

Returning to my original point of being positive, rather than negative with information; those who follow Clif High and the webbot would fully understand how much the negative—fear—encompasses the thoughts within global consciousness.

Don't be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.
― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart​

A while ago now the very popular site Collective Evolution started a project of creating a news network that only focuses on the positive, which I thought was a great idea, but are people ready for this? I haven’t followed up on how they are doing, but I’m interested to find out at some point.

What I found is that I shifted away from the negative focus in life naturally while on my spiritual journey. It’s occurred within the last couple of years, I have noticed. It wasn’t something forced. I just have no interest in main stream media news, or negative situations and events anymore. It's like water off a duck's back to me, but I am not going around preaching about being positive, I know this is going to manifest more and more naturally, and that is great; when something happens naturally, the less energy it takes!

This reminds me of how I began to notice the existence of consciousness in pretty much everything—not that everything is easily perceived as sentient, however, that doesn’t mean it’s not sentient. For me, this was a knowing, and understanding, where I accepted it as it is, so it’s kind of hard to put into words and is best experienced in your own unique ways, if it hasn’t already happened to you.

The more you feed your mind with positive thoughts, the more you can attract great things into your life.”
― Roy T. Bennett​

I feel that we are going to see more and more positive projects being designed and released in the future, whatever they may be, from positive news networks to being practical with taking action and doing positive things.

Thinking positive is one thing, however it’s very hard to force yourself when you're not there yet; when you find yourself there, embrace it fully!

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
A while ago now the very popular site Collective Evolution started a project of creating a news network that only focuses on the positive, which I thought was a great idea, but are people ready for this? I haven’t followed up on how they are doing, but I’m interested to find out at some point.
Not entirely. I browse by there almost every day. I do not always read an article but get an overview by scanning the headers. They have 'one' focus on positive news, it is true, but they also do what we do discuss here too, e.g. the Cabal, pedophilia, vaccinations and Big Pharma, Deep State, etc. We can look at it positively by saying that it is good news that the truth about bad news comes out, but it's a twist and a stretch somehow because the topic is still a dark one then.

OP
Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
They have 'one' focus on positive news, it is true
So I was referring to something separate to CE, as it seemed like a new project that wasn't connected to their usual articles — I expected they would continue on as they do with them and the areas they cover.

Anna

Involved Wayfarer
Aug 1, 2016
Nice what happened with your books! :)

I agree with what you say about positive news. I think it would decrease prejudices if more of those. In media for ex, we often hear when a certain group of people do something wrong but seldom of the good things.

I was in general seen as a positive person but not always as positive inside as I was seen. I realized it was because I had adapt to conversations to be polite.

Two years ago I was very sick and the doctors said they didn't know what to do.
I had with all my power focus to heal myself as there was no other cure so I had no choice but to stop watching news, stop participating in negative discussions and even had to quit seeing some people, not to say I'm perfectly positive myself, experienced an increased sensitivity aswell to negative energy and I had a realization that what I needed to do was stop adapting and focus only on what I could actually change. I experienced it more than before, negative news and words slipped away like a slippery fish. Also I noticed people stopped discussing negative news with me as I stopped adapting to discussions I felt had no konstructivism or point of heading towards something positive by sitting quiet or starting something else when conversation finished.

So I agree there's no point pushing ourselves to be positive or to preach but rather stop some unhealthy patterns of ours and then positivity have a natural space to flow and from that space we can effect others to, and perhaps it is as effective as words.
That's how I felt it.:)

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Anna , and that’s being more authentic too. I have tried being positive for the sake of being positive, but that just hid the truth and realness of the “negative.” It just doesn’t work in the long run.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
My perspective is more similar to Sinera's, and I think it driven by my being an analyst by profession and talent. I also sample the news such as Zero Hedge, RT, and Stillness in the Storm, but I'm looking for trends and shifts. Otherwise, I don't "watch" the news or violent programs. Many times, I just cannot understand the words, which is sort of weird, but it is like they don't make sense to me.

I love science and history programs and news, such as how people figured out how to make inexpensive prosethic arms for children. I always have something new to share with others. I can see in their faces that they are wondering how in the world I come up with this stuff. lol

I ran across something interesting the other day. In the US, there is a cable channel, Hallmark, which is part of the larger company that owns Hallmark Cards. There are mostly movies and programs that are positive and uplifting. People come together in a surprising way, have some unresolved problems, work them out, and go forward with life. Viewership has grown in the last couple of years, and while it used to be mostly older women, more younger people, as well as men are watching the channel. Also, many actors are involved because they have time to carry on with their family lives and don't have to take on messy roles with adult content. Granted, the movies borrow a lot from other plots, but if you just want to veg and don't want anything complicated, it is a good choice.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Nice what happened with your books! :)

I agree with what you say about positive news. I think it would decrease prejudices if more of those. In media for ex, we often hear when a certain group of people do something wrong but seldom of the good things.

I was in general seen as a positive person but not always as positive inside as I was seen. I realized it was because I had adapt to conversations to be polite.

Two years ago I was very sick and the doctors said they didn't know what to do.
I had with all my power focus to heal myself as there was no other cure so I had no choice but to stop watching news, stop participating in negative discussions and even had to quit seeing some people, not to say I'm perfectly positive myself, experienced an increased sensitivity aswell to negative energy and I had a realization that what I needed to do was stop adapting and focus only on what I could actually change. I experienced it more than before, negative news and words slipped away like a slippery fish. Also I noticed people stopped discussing negative news with me as I stopped adapting to discussions I felt had no konstructivism or point of heading towards something positive by sitting quiet or starting something else when conversation finished.

So I agree there's no point pushing ourselves to be positive or to preach but rather stop some unhealthy patterns of ours and then positivity have a natural space to flow and from that space we can effect others to, and perhaps it is as effective as words.
That's how I felt it.:)
It sounds like your soul knew just what to do, and rather than floundering in conflicting advice, you just got on with it. Bravo.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
I ran across something interesting the other day. In the US, there is a cable channel, Hallmark,
I don't usually watch the Hallmark Channel much except at Christmas. They have all kinds of those sappy, low-budget holiday movies about angels, miracles, magic, and the like. I usually don't much appreciate those kinds of cheap TV films, but something about the Hallmark cheesy holiday line-up just seems to draw me in. I can't help but get a bit misty-eyed when the younger characters and even the older, skeptical ones have their wishes magically come true as a result of some kind of "divine intervention".

Just call me an old softy, I guess...

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
The type of TV shows you write about, SG, sound like the type we get on our standard free TV networks (I don't have access to Cable). Call me an old romantic, but I like the soppy, teary-eyed ones where love wins out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)