A Method Of Forgiveness Using A Buddhist Prayer (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
laron submitted a new article.

A Method Of Forgiveness Using A Buddhist Prayer
Forgiveness can take place via a wide range of methods and choices, but why should we forgive? How does that help us?

Take a moment to read this Buddhist prayer below — don’t rush through, be gentle with yourself as words can trigger memories.

“If I have harmed anyone in any way either knowingly or un-knowingly through my own confusions, I ask their forgiveness. If anyone has harmed me in any way either knowingly or through their own confusions, I forgive them. And if there is a situation I am not yet ready to forgive, I forgive myself for that. For all the ways that I harm myself, negate, doubt, belittle myself, judge or be unkind to myself through my own confusions, I forgive myself.”

These words can assist with detachment and letting go of karma; peace will come if you let it, as...
Click here to continue on to the original article. You will be able to comment using a Disqus account (www.disqus.com) if you are logged in with Disqus.

Last edited:

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Thanks for this post. I believe that many people have the idea that they have to be like Gandhi in order to forgive. So, they don't even try.

The lesson I've learned and what I share most often is to just stop for moment, take a breath, and reflect. If you still want to react, you have that option, but often if you disengage for a moment, you see a larger picture.

The place where I usually start is driving because most people get frustrated with traffic and other drivers. It works because the other people are strangers, without a lot of personal baggage. You can see the driver who cut you off as oblivious and wrapped up in their own thoughts, rather than targeting you specifically. Once you see them in that light, then it is easier to step back.

The other aspect of this prayer is that it is not judgemental. You are not an unworthy person but rather, one who is a process of becoming less confused. We need this idea because it shows us a way to forgiveness, rather than leaving us at the edge of a river bank trying to figure out how to get across.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
The tangled web we weave is mainly due to confusion. The beautiful thing about an enlightened mind, which Buddha displayed so effectively, is a completely untangled skein of thinking. Clarity, in other words. This glimpse of right thinking and right being through the Buddhist framework is why disciples commit to leaving behind their wayward and chaotic lives, so that they may learn to untangle the confusion in their minds.

Dr Michael Newton who wrote Destiny of Souls and other books describes his patients' view of the Akashic records as a limitless tapestry, all thinking, actions, and impulses woven into it, with little nodules protruding where a nub of activity draws many strands together. While there are some golden glints, there are some dark skeins woven in. I think on this tapestry, spreading circles of white would be where forgiveness has taken place. There is no "must" on this journey which is recorded on the Akashic. But whether it happens spontaneously, or is the result of an almost superhuman effort, the resulting clarity and purity of forgiveness spreads within its area of concern, touching all strands around it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)