A Local Shift (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Our neighborhood has an email group, which mostly is used to ask for recommendations, list items for sale, and to warn about undesirable activities. I know most of the people just through email. Today this email appeared, and I've never seen one like it. You could have knocked me over with a feather. This thread went out to several hundred homes. There most definitely are changes afoot.

Her: I happened to see this video ..... I just want to share it and send my thanks to those who served in the Vietnam War, both Americans and Vietnamese.

And to the Vietnamese people who had to flee their homeland and have established a new life in our country, I want you to know how much I admire you. I have known quite a few of you, and all my acquaintances have been courageous, hard-working contributors to our society. You have gotten an education and assimilated into your new culture while honoring the culture from which you came. You have learned English, built families and businesses, and made our lives more rich by being here. You left everything you knew and everything you had to come to a very different place on the other side of the world. I sometimes ask myself whether I could have done that with as much as grace.

Me: Thank you for your gracious and heartfelt expression of love, friendship, and admiration. I think many of us have moments when we think this to ourselves, but not all of us express it openly. Hooray for you! Maybe we can have our own “good news” corner.

Her: I think a “good news corner” would be a great idea. Most of us do have these moments when something lovely strikes us. If we had a way to express it and share it with others, maybe we’d all feel a little better. It could be as simple as a kind gesture we witnessed.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
You could have knocked me over with a feather. This thread went out to several hundred homes. There most definitely are changes afoot.
Love that you noted and posted this, Linda <3 It's another of your 'locally keeping a pulse on things and noting change' type of posts that I find so grounded (from you) as well as grounding (to the rest of us).
Please keep it up:-D
With appreciation!:)

Krena

Embracing Mystery, Mostly
Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
Linda, I hope you will be pleased that my town has a Facebook site, run by a local realtor with a police radio where good, helpful and positive things are posted routinely: returned wallet thank yous, incidences of people experiencing acts of kindness, and lost and found pets in real time. We quickly learn about helicopter activity, sirens, traffic issues and more. People post recommendations for all kinds of workers. We see current rainbows, sunrises and sunsets of note or local bird sitings.

In essence, this is a live local information service. This is a form of communication that will be more typical in the future. There is a moderator who expresses his rules of keeping the page on right note. It is quite civil.

We have a population of 20,000. About 1,000 are using the page. It helps that people love the town.

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Krena, you are right, this is the way for information and goods to get to where they are needed. No middle people are required.
We have a moderator, too, but he has not stepped in for a long time.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Wow, Krena, sounds wonderful! Love that you consider it the wave of the future. Got me thinking...<3

Reactions: June and Stargazer
OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I had an idea pop into my head this morning. (My family usually cringes when I say that. :)))

Do you suppose this way of living / doing business is part of the manifestation process? You need something and another has it to lend, sell, or give away. What I like is the ability to have a person to person exchange.

I'll give you an example. Someone needed a bolt cutter because their child changed the lock code on a padlock and forgot the new code. It was night, and they really needed to get that lock open. I wrote back that we had one she could borrow. She drove over, my husband explained how to use it, and she returned it 30 minutes later. Otherwise, they would have had to wait until the next day and hire a locksmith or buy one of those big bolt cutters at a big box store.

Reactions: June and Stargazer

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
I had an idea pop into my head this morning. (My family usually cringes when I say that. :)))

Do you suppose this way of living / doing business is part of the manifestation process? You need something and another has it to lend, sell, or give away. What I like is the ability to have a person to person exchange..
LOL! I get the same reaction from my family. :D

I think you're absolutely right, Linda! I really feel that part of this process (of consciousness shift) is for us to learn to work together and share our "individual" talents and abilities. I see it as being related to our own integration of different (and perhaps less valued) aspects of self--like the part of us that gets angry or frustrated with things. As we can accept and honor the different parts of ourselves, I think this is how the collective (humanity/Earth) does the same thing. We all begin to realize how important each and every one of us is to The Whole.

As we work more and more harmoniously together, we become more "in tune" with our Higher Selves, and synchronicity and what we believe to be "miracles" will become commonplace...our regular way of doing things. Your experience is a perfect example of how this harmony is playing out in the microcosm of your neighborhood. I suspect we'll begin to see the same kind of thing more and more in the macrocosm--or the collective "global stage".

Krena

Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
Lilia, I know some people who are working on this in pilot programs. Not on Facebook. It is a very helpful communications resource.

Linda, our community has had a swap shed for years where people bring things they don't need anymore and people pick up. Volunteers run and organize it. It is not all junk at all. No money exchanged. It is located at the site of our recycling area.

We also have a local and somewhat larger garage sale groups on Facebook in addition to local yard and estate sales. They often list things they wish to give away.

And people who need help for various reasons go on the town Facebook page I described. Just this past week, a teacher asked for school supplies for her special needs class, and she was overwhelmed with generosity.

So, yes, this kind of manifestation feels evolved with practicality, caring and compassion. There is also a group in town dedicated to helping all in need, like elders who need help with shoveling, getting backpacks to children in need and way more.

I feel quite lucky to live here. I wish all could experience this kind of respectful camaraderie. There is something about the town in its four square miles that is magical. It is far from perfect, but there is a town ethic of generosity coupled with its founding ethic in 1629 of religious freedom (running away from the strict pilgrims in the next town), non-sobriety and a hearty respect for unusual and eccentric characters.

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
I think this could be the way for the future, it helps everyone, unites us, nobody need be in poverty. We have been deliberately divided to make us weak, divide and conquer, and it works, but its now coming undone at the seams. I can imagine slowly slowly, all races and creeds swapping goods, giving a service for something they need and so on. and everyone with big smiles on their faces. No more little darlings with big bellies and skeletal frames and sad eyes. I've often felt we might do this, wont need money then will we, another freedom won. :-D:-D

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
LOL! I get the same reaction from my family. :D
Me three!:-)):ROFL:;)

Your experience is a perfect example of how this harmony is playing out in the microcosm of your neighborhood. I suspect we'll begin to see the same kind of thing more and more in the macrocosm--or the collective "global stage".
As above, so below. As inside, so outside (or internal/external, or within oneself/within society...), something like that, Stargazer ?:D
Just like fractals, or holograms. Hmmm...

I think you're absolutely right, Linda! I really feel that part of this process (of consciousness shift) is for us to learn to work together and share our "individual" talents and abilities. I see it as being related to our own integration of different (and perhaps less valued) aspects of self--like the part of us that gets angry or frustrated with things. As we can accept and honor the different parts of ourselves, I think this is how the collective (humanity/Earth) does the same thing. We all begin to realize how important each and every one of us is to The Whole.
Wow, since it is coincident with and, 'there are no coincidences', maybe this is related to all my recent dreams of integrating aspects of myself, the smushed and crushed warrior (who is currently in a recovery from severe trauma area, knowing that it's okay, he's not needed for a while and can recover in peace), the 'no muss no fuss' just take care of business type who may leave a big sweaty mess behind but gets the job done (whatever the job is, always with the same familiar tool, or something handy), the helpers from all walks of life, so colourful and interesting, the sassy 'spit and vinegar' types, the awesome priestess in her full power glimpsed, arms up, eyes to the sky, in the act of manifesting something amazing. Thanks again, Stargazer .:)

Lilia, I know some people who are working on this in pilot programs.
If you find a link or story to the nuts and bolts of how folks have attempted this, particularly the communication aspect of it, please post!:-D I appreciate hugely the details you give in the rest of your post above. You really have me thinking!<3 We did something like this in our old neighbourhood via e-mail, which was perhaps a bit clunky, but it took off with a life of its own, which was awesome to see. When I ran it, I was asked by several folks if I wanted to capitalize on the power inherent in it, and lead it in a certain direction, but at that time it seemed best to let it flower organically, so mostly it ran itself as it seemed to require very little input from me.
You do seem to live in a wonderful community, Krena <3

Do you suppose this way of living / doing business is part of the manifestation process? You need something and another has it to lend, sell, or give away. What I like is the ability to have a person to person exchange.
What a way to empower everyone on an small scale individual level that has immense potential for seachange!:cool:
And, yes, it is probably one of the easiest ways one could come up with to design a 'manifest it yourself' scenario.
WOW!:ROFL::Do:)

Krena

Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
Lilia, a completely new system is being worked on now, and it is developing. Not ready yet.

In the meantime, some of it works perfectly well on Facebook.

I have lived in other places, but this one I knew the first day was going to be different. People gave us gifts when we moved in and I thought I was on a different planet. It is also beautiful on the Atlantic coast on this harbor town and that aesthetic pleasure feeds a certain love and pride here. Again, there is still plenty that needs to be improved, but there are systems in play that make life easier and heartwarming.

Reactions: Lila and Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)