A little something (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Kristy

Star child
Retired Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
3rd rock from the Sun
I poem I would like to share that my sister shares with me today. It is about trees by Hermann Hesse.

"Trees are sanctuaries. Whoever knows how to speak to them, whoever knows how to listen to them, can learn the truth. They do not preach learning and precepts, they preach, undeterred by particulars, the ancient law of life."

Attached is the rest of the article for you to read the entire piece.

https://www.brainpickings.org/2012/09/21/hermann-hesse-trees/

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
The electric company came through a while back to clear a power line easement that had not been managed for 10 years. Most of the easement was in the woods behind us. I knew that at least 3 trees would have to be cleared. Their branches in the lines posed too great a threat of sparking. With all the cedar around here, everything would go up like fireworks. There were 2 terrible fires in Austin that started this way.

I went out to the trees before the cutters arrived and explained it was for the greater good, and that we honored their service. I sensed that they were ok with what was going to happen. It was shocking to watch 3 huge trees come down.

OP
Kristy

Kristy

Star child
Retired Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
3rd rock from the Sun
The electric company came through a while back to clear a power line easement that had not been managed for 10 years. Most of the easement was in the woods behind us. I knew that at least 3 trees would have to be cleared. Their branches in the lines posed too great a threat of sparking. With all the cedar around here, everything would go up like fireworks. There were 2 terrible fires in Austin that started this way.

I went out to the trees before the cutters arrived and explained it was for the greater good, and that we honored their service. I sensed that they were ok with what was going to happen. It was shocking to watch 3 huge trees come down.

That is the best thing you could've done in that situation Linda. Whenever o have to remove a plant or tree or even do pruning I always let them know the reasons why.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)