A Ghost With Manners (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
Last weekend we went downtown Hot Springs to a crystal skull festival. After the festival we stopped off at the famous Ohio Club for dinner and a beer. The club has a door that leads to the infamous underground tunnels used by the mob and others to get around town. The Ohio Club was a favorite of Al Capone and was an illegal gambling house and bar when it opened in 1905. It's said to have ghosts walking around trying to bet and get a drink but I didn't experience anything paranormal there.

IMG_4874.JPG
Here's the Club shortly after it opened in 1905

IMG_4875.JPG
The outside looks almost exactly the same today.

IMG_4873.JPG
They have preserved the Club to look almost exactly as it looked when it opened. It's a gorgeous place full of infamous history and ghosts.
We had parked our car in the old Downtown parking garage and we went to get our car. I went in to use the bathroom at the garage before heading home. I could see under the bathroom stalls as I entered that I was alone in the bathroom. All was quiet then a toilet in the stall next to mine flushed. Nobody was in the stall but I gave it the benefit of the doubt because it had an automatic sensor flush and maybe, just maybe, it wasn't working right but it did unnerve me enough to look under the stall - nobody was there. The next thing I knew I heard the automatic sensor sink faucet go on. You know the kind where you put your hand in front of the sensor and the faucet turns itself on? The faucet turns itself off very quickly once you remove your hand. This one however, stayed on while I finished and opened the stall door. There was NO WAY I was going to walk over there and wash my hands so I headed for the bathroom door to get out quick. The faucet stopped as soon as I opened the door to leave. The hair on the back of my neck stood straight out and I felt very strange. I may not have experienced a ghost at the haunted Ohio Club but there was definitely one in the bathroom of that old parking garage!
IMG_4872.JPG
The building at the end of the fountain was turned into a parking garage. I don't know what it was originally. This is where I met a ghost with manners! :rolleyes:

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I don't think I've a story like that one.
If it was an original bathroom, it could have been a ghost going through a familiar routine.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I once had a ghostly experience, and my response was to have my hair stand literally straight up on the back of my neck. It is the most weird feeling and certainly validates that even your hairs (small, downy ones) reacted to a presence!

OP
Vickie

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
I have never heard of a person's auric field causing events like this. I thought it was a ghost, Anaeika. Can you please explain more about this Hailstones Melt? This might explain a few other incidences I've had. I have a magnified mirror that has a sensor on it. When I put my face in front of the sensor above the mirror a light comes on. One two separate nights I've been laying in bed and the mirror, which is in the bathroom attached to my bedroom, just lights up and nobody is in the bathroom.

What would cause my auric to do this if indeed this is what's happening?

OP
Vickie

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
I don't think I've a story like that one.
If it was an original bathroom, it could have been a ghost going through a familiar routine.
I don't know what the building used to be before it was a parking garage and I can't find anything on the Internet about it but the bathroom appeared to be modern. I'm not sure it was an original bathroom since it was turned into a parking garage.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
One two separate nights I've been laying in bed and the mirror, which is in the bathroom attached to my bedroom, just lights up and nobody is in the bathroom.
I grew up in a house with a ghost, and I could write pages about it. Lights and fans turning on were pretty common.

OP
Vickie

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
I grew up in a house with a ghost, and I could write pages about it. Lights and fans turning on were pretty common.
I just moved into this house and it's pretty old. I think there's some activity here too, Linda. A few weeks ago my daughter came to visit and we always stay up way too late talking together. It was the wee hours of the morning and we were talking away and I kept hearing a man's voice talking and then a woman's deep throaty laugh. I couldn't understand the words but the conversation went on and on. I finally decided I would ask my daughter if she could hear the conversation. I thought she would laugh and think I was making a joke but she admitted that she had been hearing it too. She thought the TV was on in the other room so she hadn't said anything. The TV was not on!!

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I recently put a sensor to turn on the lights in my bathroom, so that the wall switch could be dedicated to heat lamps. It is so sensitive that the lights turn on when my Chihuahua passes by in the hall. I have to keep the bathroom door shut. Sometimes, I haven't, and when I've been nearby but not so close as to cause it, I've seen the lights go on by themselves.

When my hairs went up that time (40 years ago) it was a fear reaction. I was travelling in an out of the way place in a strange country by myself, and I had seen a bright light in the fields (probably a UFO, now that I think about it, looking back). At the time I had no idea. I was paralysed by fear lying on a single bed in an old house that had history. Who knows who might have used that bed before me?

Anyhow, all the cases you describe have sensors in them. As you have expanded your multiple bodies (etheric etc) I am sure that the field is much larger than physically seen. It could be that today's electronic sensors are so finely tuned as to pick that up. Just wondering.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I think there's some activity here too, Linda.
Our family lived with the ghost until we sold the house after my mom passed. My parents figured out he probably was the son of the woman who owned the house before (he was killed in WW 2). He was very interested in my brother and me. When we were about to sell the house, I sat down in the living room and explained that I was the little girl he first saw and that now I was grown up. I went on to say that my parents each had died, that my Dad came to see me after he died, and that I thought it was Ok to move on. I told him we would not be around anymore. Then I heard a kitchen cabinet open and close a bunch of times (it squeaked), and I left. The next day my brother and I went back and could not feel his energy at all. I hoped he went on and found some peace.

OP
Vickie

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
I recently put a sensor to turn on the lights in my bathroom, so that the wall switch could be dedicated to heat lamps. It is so sensitive that the lights turn on when my Chihuahua passes by in the hall. I have to keep the bathroom door shut. Sometimes, I haven't, and when I've been nearby but not so close as to cause it, I've seen the lights go on by themselves.

When my hairs went up that time (40 years ago) it was a fear reaction. I was travelling in an out of the way place in a strange country by myself, and I had seen a bright light in the fields (probably a UFO, now that I think about it, looking back). At the time I had no idea. I was paralysed by fear lying on a single bed in an old house that had history. Who knows who might have used that bed before me?

Anyhow, all the cases you describe have sensors in them. As you have expanded your multiple bodies (etheric etc) I am sure that the field is much larger than physically seen. It could be that today's electronic sensors are so finely tuned as to pick that up. Just wondering.
Your trip sounds very scary! Who does know what went on there and what energy remained that you were picking up when your hair stood out.

That makes perfect sense as I begin to think about the auric field and the work I've been doing towards expanding my consciousness. Maybe all the little crazy kinds of events I've been experiencing are related to my field. That gives me some research to do. Thanks!

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
One of the best stories involves my skeptic husband. We were clearing out the house, and he was in the kitchen at the sink. He felt a hand reach into his pocket and start to lift his wallet. He figured it was me and turned to say something funny, but I was not there. He saw me through the doorway in the next room looking through books. He did not tell me about it until we got to the hotel that night.

OP
Vickie

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
Our family lived with the ghost until we sold the house after my mom passed. My parents figured out he probably was the son of the woman who owned the house before (he was killed in WW 2). He was very interested in my brother and me. When we were about to sell the house, I sat down in the living room and explained that I was the little girl he first saw and that now I was grown up. I went on to say that my parents each had died, that my Dad came to see me after he died, and that I thought it was Ok to move on. I told him we would not be around anymore. Then I heard a kitchen cabinet open and close a bunch of times (it squeaked), and I left. The next day my brother and I went back and could not feel his energy at all. I hoped he went on and found some peace.
That gives me goosebumps and for some reason it makes me feel sad. It sounds like he was upset as he banged the cabinet door but in the end, if he moved on, he would have found peace. I guess growing up as you did with absolute certainly that ghosts exist made you very awake and aware at a young age.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
It could be that today's electronic sensors are so finely tuned as to pick that up.
Oh my, this could create some situations. One of my friends told me about going through airport security. After she went through the screening, she was pulled over and the guard started touching the top of her head. The guard said there was a glow above her head on their screen and they did not know what it was. My friend said "Oh, that's my halo", and they laughed. I think my friend got off easy because she is petite and cute. I'm not sure what would happen with me, which is why I have not flown in several years.

OP
Vickie

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
Oh my, this could create some situations. One of my friends told me about going through airport security. After she went through the screening, she was pulled over and the guard started touching the top of her head. The guard said there was a glow above her head on their screen and they did not know what it was. My friend said "Oh, that's my halo", and they laughed. I think my friend got off easy because she is petite and cute. I'm not sure what would happen with me, which is why I have not flown in several years.
Now that's strange. I wonder what would cause a glow. I guess we really are getting so very close to piercing the veil.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
That gives me goosebumps and for some reason it makes me feel sad. It sounds like he was upset as he banged the cabinet door but in the end, if he moved on, he would have found peace.
He was sort of part of the family, and I felt sad just leaving and not explaining anything to him. I really wanted him to find some peace.

I guess growing up as you did with absolute certainly that ghosts exist made you very awake and aware at a young age.
Yes, I recall an out-of-body experience when I was 4 or 5. I had fallen out of the big pecan tree. I remember my Dad looking so sad, and I did not want him to be sad, so I came back.

I think I came into this world with an awareness. I always seemed to know things. My parents never discounted anything I said, so I did not think I was weird. It was not until I was in college that I learned that others don't have the same experiences as I do.

OP
Vickie

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
One of the best stories involves my skeptic husband. We were clearing out the house, and he was in the kitchen at the sink. He felt a hand reach into his pocket and start to lift his wallet. He figured it was me and turned to say something funny, but I was not there. He saw me through the doorway in the next room looking through books. He did not tell me about it until we got to the hotel that night.
A picket pocket ghost! I guess they do what they know.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
I also grew up in a haunted house. We should start a new thread.

It's funny! When I first read your post, I was laughing internally about how you ran away from the ghost, yet are comfortable w ets. I would have run away from the ets and tried to comminicate w the ghost. I suppose it is what we are used to!

OP
Vickie

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
I also grew up in a haunted house. We should start a new thread.

It's funny! When I first read your post, I was laughing internally about how you ran away from the ghost, yet are comfortable w ets. I would have run away from the ets and tried to comminicate w the ghost. I suppose it is what we are used to!
That is funny! I guess it's really about our experience isn't it? You and Linda grew up with ghosts so you know what to expect. I, on the other hand, have watched wayyyyy too many scary ghost movies. <:)

So tell us your favorite real life ghost story Anaeika.

Reactions: Stargazer

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
A picket pocket ghost! I guess they do what they know.
Maybe they'd already cleaned out all the coins under the couch and seat cushions...

:):ROFL::-D:D:eek::fp:)|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)