A congregation of gnomes (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.
OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Why they came to be there is not exactly clear, but it is believed a woman once placed gnomes on the roundabout at this country location at the intersection of 2 roads, playing a cricket game. After that, it just grew and grew and now numbers approximately 5,000 gnomes.

Of course, they look dirty and broken, but perhaps that is just the pall of 3D over the concept that there are communities of real live critters in other dimensions, that we can only touch and see by making plaster images of them.

sea-of-gnomes-550x366.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
IMG_0101.JPG

If anyone is travelling in WA, and wants to see this, it is in the Shire of Dardanup, at the intersection of Wellington Mill Road and Ferguson Road.

A bit south of here is the wine region (including the famous Margaret River wineries) and our world class "South West".

Last edited:

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Wow! I think it may have become a tradition over time to bring a gnome to this location. I wonder what began it in the first place?

Here in America, we have Ben’s bells—handmade ceramic bells in trees, representing a mother’s loving way to work through her grief after her son died. She made and put them in trees. Other parents who lost a child followed suit. Ben’s bells were soon seen in all 50 states.

OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Wow! I think it may have become a tradition over time to bring a gnome to this location. I wonder what began it in the first place?

Here in America, we have Ben’s bells—handmade ceramic bells in trees, representing a mother’s loving way to work through her grief after her son died. She made and put them in trees. Other parents who lost a child followed suit. Ben’s bells were soon seen in all 50 states.
Yup - you're on the money with that!

OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
BREAKING NEWS

On New Years Eve, I was catching up on the Year that was (2018) when I came across the story of the local stream bursting at Wellington Mill and washing away some of the gnomes at Gnomesville. Not all of them were swept away. Here are some pictures:

th.jpgth (4).jpgth (3).jpgth (2).jpg

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)