A Bathroom With A View (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
I know we have a photography thread but I am not even an avid or skilled photographer. So this one just 'happened' to me.

This year I have a 'magickal' bathroom window with a view to our garden. I since then have a Panasonic HD cam ready in a few seconds on my bathroom cabinet (next to the loo). So I see a lot when I am e.g. having a pee / taking a piss (I'm a man, yeah) because that is where the loo is situated, 'below' the window. But hey, maybe that is what actually does the magic?
<:)

The view out is down onto our backyard garden which adjoins to a forest as can be seen on further pictures to be posted here soon. It's a beautiful place to live btw, next to a forest, going for a walk or a jog in nature almost every day. Now, things seem to pop up recently that are 'signs' or some unusual 'visitors' come along.
O.o:D

It started quite early this year on a snowy evening when I looked out and saw what resembles a encouraging hand gesture in the snow. Maybe it is a 'sign' for me for this year that things are looking up again? Nobody 'drew' it there, so it just is a coincidence, a so-called 'pareidolia'. Yet maybe it's a sign for me and as you can see now I even made it my new forum avatar for this year.
:cool:

So here we go with the first installment. Btw, next chapters to follow are titled 'My Deer Friends' (March) and 'The Identity Politics Raccoon' (May, a few days ago). So every other month something happens! Well and after that I expect things to be even getting crazier, maybe I'll be capturing amazing UFOs in the sky or some Fairies from the woods next! Who knows?
o_O

18th Jan 2021

Thumbs Up In The Snow

WP_20210118_17_18_43_Pro.jpg

WP_20210118_17_18_43_Pro_ThumbsUp2021.JPG

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
This year I have a 'magickal' bathroom window with a view to our garden. I since then have a Panasonic HD cam ready in a few seconds on my bathroom cabinet (next to the loo)
I'm giving you major points for originality. Not even Pucksterguy would have come up with this series. Thumbs up for you.

• Winner
Reactions: Snowmelt

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
I don't know about you Sinara. I think your doing too much of this...20170919_072430.jpg

OP
Sinera

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
I'm giving you major points for originality. Not even Pucksterguy would have come up with this series. Thumbs up for you.
:tsgn
Yeah. I've always been a productice and creative genious in many ways. Like quantum physics it is all about making everything out of ... no thing.
I don't know about you Sinara. I think your doing too much of this...View attachment 11406
Haha, maybe a kind of lockdown delirium rather than smoking stuff. I'm more the beer guy as you know. Wait for the pics still to come and be amazed. :-))

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I opted for the 'hugs' icon as it is in the form of a hand; seemed just right.

• Funny
Reactions: Linda
OP
Sinera

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Time for the next chapter on this bestest Transients thread ever (are there still any doubts?). :-))

I remember Linda posted a similar encounter (here) recently. So here is the European version. :cool:

29th March 2021

My Deer Friends

S1190029.JPG

S1190017.JPG

S1190027.JPG

There's a little background story: A few months or even a year ago I learnt from the neighbours that these deer were freed by someone cutting the fence and letting them out of a hedged area where they were kept. It is great to see they are surviving and even seem to be thriving because this 'family' is still quite young as you can see. They are many, maybe a dozen or more.

Btw, I see some of them in groups of 3,4,5 or more all the time when I am out for a walk or go jogging in the forest. I love these creatures and they are so incredibly beautiful, aren't they?

There is even another back story that occurred to me these days and it's the fact that they accompanied me through my childhood somewhat and it is even related to the VERY two paths they walk along on the pictures!

On the photos you can see they come out of the forest pathway leading straight to our garden gate (yep, it's true, when I get out of the garden's gate and walk 3 metres I am in the forest, ideal living conditions ... ) and then turn left walking the parallel path uphill next to the gate and fence of our neighbour to our right side.

Maybe they 'feel' it somehow with their animal senses, but actually this very corner they walk 'around' marks a previously fenced area where maybe some of their (probable) ancestors lived. Really!

Yes, in the 70ies this corner was part of a fenced area with the border going along the path out towards our garden gate and then turned to the left uphill. It was a smaller hedged area where a few deer were indeed kept in my childhood years. It was dismantled later approx. late 70ies or early 80ies. I have fond memories of going there as a child when it was still there and being happy when I spotted one of the deer through the fence.

I just quick-scanned and uploaded a page from my childhood foto album which shows me (yeah, the guy in blue and white is lil'Sinera at around 1969 or 1970 or so) with my Mom and Sis' watching and feeding the deer living in this fenced area. It was from the other side of that square or so where you could see and meet (and feed) them better.

Rehe1969-70.jpg

To boldly go even more back in time: I remembered that one specific deer is even visible on the first picture ever taken of me (1968). It's a 'Bambi' picture on the wall. It still is fixed on a cellar wall in our house (I should get it and hang it on my wall up here one day).

colorizedimage2_autokontrast_weißabgleich.png
(Btw, this was a black-white pic in bad shape and I restored it a little via a colorizing deep learning AI software)

The room where this pic was taken with me as it seems freshly 'arrived' (or was it from baptism day?) also has a window to that very garden although it was/is on the ground floor. So it all 'magically' connects in strange ways, doesn't it?

Told you so. Still don't believe? Smoke more weed then. ;)

OP
Sinera

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Synchroncities or magic at work. Finished this post. Went to Netflix. Immediately saw a notification with an antler symbol with this show advertised, clicked and bookmarked it.

Haha. Call me crazy but this is beyond coincidence now. Here's a YT featurette.

Will start watching it since reviews aren't bad on Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB.

Friends, I really need some weed now for myself. o_O

• Magical
Reactions: Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
You're right, Sinera; I am looking forward to the next installment of your story :cool:

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
We have a similar arrangement with woods behind our houses. Your deer are very different and beautiful.

We were walking around the yard this evening, looking at how the grass and plants were recovering. There was this one patch of grass that has not grown over the freeze damage, and it has a shape of a brontosaurus - thought of your "thumbs up".

• Cool Post

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
Awesome story bro. I "grew up" in the big city.with no access to that kind of stuff till I was much older. I took up fishing to get out as it was much more relaxing/fun then golf. I saw a lot of wildlife close to and on the lakes I fished. Now at cam I have a mostly widerness situation wth amazing views of Birds and large animals. I Love it...I even grow my own so come on over for some cold Canadian beer and a puff or two to relax and enjoy the wildlife. There's lots to see' Sinera. I'll make sure I have some great music to play as well. We'll need One65 to complete the show...

• Love this post!
Reactions: One65
OP
Sinera

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Awesome story bro. I "grew up" in the big city.with no access to that kind of stuff till I was much older. I took up fishing to get out as it was much more relaxing/fun then golf. I saw a lot of wildlife close to and on the lakes I fished. Now at cam I have a mostly widerness situation wth amazing views of Birds and large animals. I Love it...I even grow my own so come on over for some cold Canadian beer and a puff or two to relax and enjoy the wildlife. There's lots to see' Sinera. I'll make sure I have some great music to play as well. We'll need One65 to complete the show...
Who knows, one day it might work on one of your regular camp meetings like you did 2 years ago or so. I admit I am more of an astral traveler than 3D traveler nowadays though. Oh yes, I'm sure the wildlife in Canda has amazing sights. Certainly with much bigger bears than the one in my garden from Chapter III (see it comin', next here on this bestest Transients thread evar, :-)) ).

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I can see this is really a nature gig. You guys are so cool... Luv what you all get up to.

• Love this post!
OP
Sinera

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Here it is! As announced and promised already in the OP, Chapter III of the magickal 2nd floor backyard garden bathroom window.

24th May 2021

The Identity Politics Raccoon

This raccon comes out at dusk hiding in the hedge to the right as it seems (repeatedly, today I photographed him again, so I could add some more pics). Therefore the pics are dark, I edited the first two for more light in it.

This raccoon seems to be 'species-confused' or deliberately identifes as a bird.

I respect and support this behaviour of course since I do not want to be sued by any wildlife organisation for insulting raccoons' feelings. So it IS actually ... a bird. Well, maybe it's also an animal activist in a way.

As you can see it heads straight for bird food up into the bird house. Next time I expect it to jump off again and flapping legs and paws trying to lift off into the air. I wish him/her luck as I like this slow creature although I learnt they are not really liked at all. Unfortunately they have a bad reputation and even are considered parasites despite their actual 'immigrant status' since they came here from North America. Again, a second time this is very politically incorrect methinks. Long live the 'washing-bear' (which is what we call them here literally: Waschbär)!

S1200005auto.JPG

S1200006auto.JPG

S1200015.JPG

S1200009auto.JPG

S1200012auto.JPG

Since I also was quite surprised by this Waschbär visit I did some research on the background using Wiki (yeah, I'm lazy I know):

"As a result of escapes and deliberate introductions in the mid-20th century, raccoons are now also distributed across much of mainland Europe, the Caucasus, and Japan." (Wiki)

For anyone interested, here's in more detail why they are frequent in my area (I did not know this before):

Distribution in Germany

In Germany—where the raccoon is called the Waschbär (literally, "wash-bear" or "washing bear") due to its habit of "dousing" food in water—two pairs of pet raccoons were released into the German countryside at the Edersee reservoir in the north of Hesse in April 1934 by a forester upon request of their owner, a poultry farmer.[256] He released them two weeks before receiving permission from the Prussian hunting office to "enrich the fauna."[257]

Several prior attempts to introduce raccoons in Germany were not successful.[258][259] A second population was established in eastern Germany in 1945 when 25 raccoons escaped from a fur farm at Wolfshagen (today district of Altlandsberg), east of Berlin, after an air strike. The two populations are parasitologically distinguishable: 70% of the raccoons of the Hessian population are infected with the roundworm Baylisascaris procyonis, but none of the Brandenburgian population has the parasite.[260] The estimated number of raccoons was 285 animals in the Hessian region in 1956, over 20,000 animals in the Hessian region in 1970 and between 200,000 and 400,000 animals in the whole of Germany in 2008.[203][258] By 2012 it was estimated that Germany now had more than a million raccoons.[261]

The raccoon was a protected species in Germany, but has been declared a game animal in 14 of the 16 states since 1954. [262] Hunters and environmentalists argue the raccoon spreads uncontrollably, threatens protected bird species and supersedes domestic carnivorans.[82]

This view is opposed by the zoologist Frank-Uwe Michler, who finds no evidence a high population density of raccoons has negative effects on the biodiversity of an area.[82] Hohmann holds that extensive hunting cannot be justified by the absence of natural predators, because predation is not a significant cause of death in the North American raccoon population.[263]

The raccoon is extensively hunted in Germany as they are seen as an invasive species and pests.[264][265] In the 1990s, only about 400 raccoons were hunted yearly. This increased to 67,700 by the 2010/11 hunting season and the tally broke the 100,000 barrier in 2013. During the 2015/16 hunting season, the tally was 128,100 animals, 60 percent of which were provided by the federal state of Hesse.[266]
I am living in the state of Hesse by the way. So this explains it but as far as I remember this was the first time I've ever seen one of these ... birds. :-))o:)

Next Chapter IV will be called 'The Apparition'.

Yes, really, it's getting even more sensational and dramatic!
Stay tuned to this channel ... er ... I mean ... thread.

It's Magic!

:vhap

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
That's a critter who really know which side his bread is buttered! I would rather call him "The Stalker" or "The Marauder" than a bird. But yeah, I get where you're coming from.

Yes, they carry bacteria and parasites, but who doesn't? (Human race has been carrying unseen parasites for quite a while!)

It's quite a story of adaptability and survival, when you realise they went from 2 animals (obviously breeders) in 1934 and less than a century later the overall tally in the country is over a million. When nature puts no controls in place and the conditions are right - that's what happens. So I wouldn't have a problem with man making himself that control factor, and doing a bit of controlling. Otherwise, in another century, you'll have 15 million of the lil' darlings.

azlynn

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 11, 2020
I respect and support this behaviour of course since I do not want to be sued by any wildlife organisation for insulting raccoons' feelings.
Funny you should mention that...

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
We have the little bandits, too, and I've got many stories of my adventures in convincing them that they were not supposed to use the cat door to come into the house and dine on cat food. So, I prefer to appreciate them from afar. BTW - they do like to wash their food, which does not go well with bread or cake. Love the name Washing Bear.

OP
Sinera

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
So here is the long awaited (because this is the bestest thread everrrrrr on Transients!) Chapter IV of this meanwhile legendary Bathroom With A View thread.

2nd June 2021

The Apparition

Of course you can all spot it immediately, right? Amazing!!!! Incredible!!!

GardenCatGrey2.JPG

Yes you've seen it it right.

Of course you have!

There it is in broad daylight!

Cannot believe it really happened!

Wow!

Yes...

It's an interdimensional Demoncat!

Only materialising for a few moments in front of the hedge. My hands were shaking with excitement and I am happy I managed to take a few shots. It is just 2-3 pics.

One close-up below where you can see the horns and the heart chakra glowing in white (very typical for Demoncats). Here are some cut and edited pictures. As said, she was gone very fast again as it is usually the case for these interdimensional traveller beings.

Cat4autocontrast.JPG
Cat4autocontrast-marked.JPG
Cat3.JPG
S1230002.JPG

Otherworrrrldly!!!

O.O:nail

OP
Sinera

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
It's time for Chapter V.

This was early June so you see I'm still lagging behind with the posts but a great and magickal thread like this deserves slow-paced presentation and patience. So here we go.

5th June 2021

A Dove In Love

I decided to get more artistic with the magickal window.
Therefore instead of taking a photo I did a quick pencil sketch of what I saw this time.

Here's one of a thirsty pigeon on the water trough in our garden.

S1240002 Dove cut1vignpencil.JPG

As the dove remained there long enough I had more time even to get out my canvas and water colours.

So here's the same as a colour painting.

S1240002 Dove cut1vignaquarell.JPG

Nah! Just joking, it's filter effects. Here's the original pic and some more nice variants.

S1240002 Dove cut1.JPG

S1240001 Dove.JPG

S1240002 Dove cut1vignsepia.JPG

S1240002 Dove cut1vigngravur.JPG

As an encore, here you see where it kind of eyes the two wooden bird scupltures on the bird house.

Ready for a flirt? Hence my chosen title 'a dove in love'.

S1240003 Dove checkbirdhouse.JPG

• Love this post!

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Now that is one healthy bird! Doves mate for life - so good luck to this one.

The last filtered picture (with the black) looks like a Victorian tapestry, and I think it would make a cool one.

As we seem to have parallel back yards - of course, I have a dove story, too. lol

• Cool Post

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
You had me gob-smacked there for a minute about how good your art is!!! But anyhow, it's still the same creative principle in making images.
Well done!

We don't have doves here but I have seen a cooing pair of doves in Italy.
<3

• I agree

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Love the dove + the dove-art. I'm glad you've kept these posting going, Sinera.

The part of the image that stood out the most for me, in terms of composition, was the wheel. For some reason I kept thinking of it as a wheel of time or time keeping... which makes me think of some things June has been musing on lately.

Veery intriguing and timely (pun intended) :D

• Love this post!
Reactions: Snowmelt
OP
Sinera

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Two years have passed. It's time for Chapter VI.

I know you have been waiting for this. A new exciting view from my magical bathroom window!

18th June 2023

The Tree Resurrection

I already noticed it last year emerging from that tree stump but it was smaller then. This time it gets bigger ... and bigger.

The tree stub is from a truly huge tree in our garden that was felled many years ago. Now, since 2022 there is a small plant or tree growing out of the old dead wood again.

I love this image ('view') because it has a life(cycle)-reaffirming character. It's such a great metaphor for life and nature, rebirth, genesis and regeneration.

Any botanists here who could tell what the little plant is? Hope it's not just 'weed' but even then I like it somehow. (It does not look like the old giant tree, an enormous "Sequoiadendron giganteum" (btw. called 'mammut tree' in Germany - 'Mammutbaum'), which in the end was almost two times taller than our house back then.

WP_20230618_007.jpg

WP_20230618_005.jpg

WP_20230618_006.jpg

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
A giant sequoia tree in your yard!!!
I didn't know such trees grew in Europe.
Not sure what's growing there now but the broad leafed plants look completely different...now the little tall one in the middle?

OP
Sinera

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
A giant sequoia tree in your yard!!!
I didn't know such trees grew in Europe.
Not sure what's growing there now but the broad leafed plants look completely different...now the little tall one in the middle?
The varied green plants around the old stump were just added by my parents later on after it was felled. The new middle one is certainly something different too. Looks a bit like a small fig tree to me. But again, I am no expert.

I found some old pics I took for memory on the night before my parents had it taken down by the professionals. It is from March 2007. I was wrong about the size as you can see. It was not double but even 2,5 times higher! o_O :cool:

I also wondered how this kind of tree was possible in our garden but my parents always told me since childhood it is a 'Mammutbaum' (sequoia tree) and so I believe(d) it.

Anyway ... A true GIANT! At that moment when I took these pics they had already cut the lower branches to where that ladder reaches up. If I remember correctly, they had been all over the place from top to almost bottom actually. I remember our kitty back then climbing this giant up one day to a very high point and not finding the way back down again for a long while (in the end she managed it though and we did not have to call for help).

Baum000-tile.jpg
Baum000-tile-sepia.jpg

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Reading about tree root systems and how they talk to each other. Perhaps surrounding trees are offering encouragement.

• Love this post!
  • Intriguing Post
Reactions: Sinera and Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
It is a mammoth!

• Magical
Reactions: Sinera

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)