30 Day self-healing challenge (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Hello Spiritual Community,

I just completed my reiki I certification and my reiki master encouraged me to practice 30 consecutive days of self-reiki. For me this is an hour of reiki daily with all of the hand placements. This may be on myself or others (Every time I give reiki on others, it is also a self-treatment because the energy flows through me into the other person. Call that a two-fer!)

I invite you to reiki yourself daily with me on your own time and then log in to keep yourself accountable & to also share any experiences if you would like to either here or private message me. When working on ourselves, some personal things may pop up.

If you do not know reiki, another healing modality is fine. Self-healing & intention setting is key.

Go ahead & jump in at any time, even if you find this “late.”

Much love & namaste
Xoxo

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
When you do Reiki 2 you cover healing at a distance. This is really 'cool beans' in my opinon.
It will probably be sporadic, but I'll do this with you<3
I do it anyway:)

OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
2/30 done

It felt really good and I felt the energy pulling out and into my body. Neat!

Reactions: Bear_Raven

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Yeah, it's good for me to have the reminder.
It does feel wonderful.
Thanks for starting this.

Bear_Raven

Rambling Companion
Apr 7, 2018
Las Vegas, Nevada
I was attuned to Usui reiki level one a few years ago. I never did the 30 day self healing that my teacher recommended. I feel it is time. I never did it because I got preoccupied with other things. I start many things but then never finish them. I look forward to doing this with you and others.

:)

Reactions: Snowmelt and Lila

Bear_Raven

Rambling Companion
Apr 7, 2018
Las Vegas, Nevada
Thank you Lila!

I just finished giving myself reiki with all the hand positions for over an hour. It calmed me down (I was having some anxiety). I feel more peaceful now, more relaxed. Some of my crystals joined in. They didn't want to be left out. When I had my hands on my head I felt buzzing and pressure in my ears. Then it felt like something being released, like when a charlie horse cramp goes away. I think I will sleep really soundly tonight.

Day 1/30

Reactions: Anaeika and Lila
OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
5/30 done. I will day today’s tonight to complete day 6.

Whew! I forgot to log in but have been doing them daily and intuitively, which ends up being an hour. I move from hand placement to hand placement by sensing the energy pull into each chakra. Once I feel the flow stop, I move on to the next hand placement. For me, it has been an energetic release and I end up crying or at least very teary eyed. I am pretty excited to experience the wonderful things that will come out of this self-healing with continued practice.

Bear_Raven , really glad you joined us. It is nice knowing we are doing this together and I can motivate you to complete the 30 days. It’s fascinating for me to hear experiences of others.

Reactions: Lila and Bear_Raven

Bear_Raven

Rambling Companion
Apr 7, 2018
Las Vegas, Nevada
Anaeika it sounds like you are making great progress. Well done! I have to set a timer for 5 minutes for each hand position. Even though it is supposed to be relaxing, I tend to rush it. I am trying not to do that. I tried to let the energy decide when I should move my hands tonight. I don't think I was feeling the timing very well. Tonight my mind wandered a lot. Memories from my childhood and an ex boyfriend came up, all not good ones. I felt impatient and restless. I also felt uncomfortable. I think it is because the reiki is working on helping me release things I bottled up or didn't deal with for a long time.

Also, I have been burning the candles on my altar when doing healing on myself. They are three candles specifically for releasing, forgiveness, and self love. I noticed tonight that the releasing candle is not burning down as fast as the other two. I think it means I am not releasing everything I need to. Funny how some signs come to us, eh?

I did 50 minutes of reiki on myself.

Day 2/30

Reactions: Anaeika

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Anaeika it sounds like you are making great progress. Well done! I have to set a timer for 5 minutes for each hand position. Even though it is supposed to be relaxing, I tend to rush it. I am trying not to do that. I tried to let the energy decide when I should move my hands tonight. I don't think I was feeling the timing very well. Tonight my mind wandered a lot. Memories from my childhood and an ex boyfriend came up, all not good ones. I felt impatient and restless. I also felt uncomfortable. I think it is because the reiki is working on helping me release things I bottled up or didn't deal with for a long time.

Also, I have been burning the candles on my altar when doing healing on myself. They are three candles specifically for releasing, forgiveness, and self love. I noticed tonight that the releasing candle is not burning down as fast as the other two. I think it means I am not releasing everything I need to. Funny how some signs come to us, eh?

I did 50 minutes of reiki on myself.

Day 2/30
Wow, sounds like you are getting a lot out of this!<3

Bear_Raven

Rambling Companion
Apr 7, 2018
Las Vegas, Nevada
Lila I don't feel like I am yet. But my guides have been hounding me for a while now to start the 30 day reiki healing. I feel it is going to release some serious blocks for me and is pertinent for my next steps to get closer to my true potential. I also feel it is key to my manifestation and work. I know I have a lot of self work ahead of me, but that part is never ending. It is part of the journey. Having this community and this thread to do the work with makes it easier and will help me stay on track. I admit I am a procrastinator. This will help me make sure not to put it off so I have to start over again.

Reactions: Lila and Anaeika

Bear_Raven

Rambling Companion
Apr 7, 2018
Las Vegas, Nevada
5/30 done. I will day today’s tonight to complete day 6.

Whew! I forgot to log in but have been doing them daily and intuitively, which ends up being an hour. I move from hand placement to hand placement by sensing the energy pull into each chakra. Once I feel the flow stop, I move on to the next hand placement. For me, it has been an energetic release and I end up crying or at least very teary eyed. I am pretty excited to experience the wonderful things that will come out of this self-healing with continued practice.

Bear_Raven , really glad you joined us. It is nice knowing we are doing this together and I can motivate you to complete the 30 days. It’s fascinating for me to hear experiences of others.
Anaeika thank you so much! I am so glad you started this thread. It definitely was the kick in the behind I needed to stop putting it off. You have a very sweet and warm energy. I look forward to sharing our experiences with this and see how we are after.

OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Bear_Raven , I relate to you on your self-healing journey, so very glad you are here. I was the only one in my reiki class who cried after the second attunement and I held back bc I could have sat there and cried like a baby. What is nice about these 30 days is that I can do the reiki where I feel safe and truly let go. I didn’t realize how much these emotions needed fo come out. The reiki is clearing a path for the good stuff. You are brave to heal this part of you and are loved throughout it all. Good job. :)

Bear_Raven

Rambling Companion
Apr 7, 2018
Las Vegas, Nevada
Bear_Raven , I relate to you on your self-healing journey, so very glad you are here. I was the only one in my reiki class who cried after the second attunement and I held back bc I could have sat there and cried like a baby. What is nice about these 30 days is that I can do the reiki where I feel safe and truly let go. I didn’t realize how much these emotions needed fo come out. The reiki is clearing a path for the good stuff. You are brave to heal this part of you and are loved throughout it all. Good job. :)
Thank you for the support and kind words. My reiki teacher said she didn't feel anything when she first learned reiki or cry at all. She said on her 30th day of giving herself reiki she started bawling and she didn't know why. After that she said her life changed. It is really an inspiring story. I also don't like crying or showing emotions in front of others. It is nice to do this in the privacy of our own homes.

I messed up already. I didn't give myself reiki yesterday. I had some family drama come up and had to deal with that. So, if I remember correctly the 30 days are supposed to be consecutive, yes? So, I need to start over.

Bear_Raven

Rambling Companion
Apr 7, 2018
Las Vegas, Nevada
I just finished giving myself reiki. My heart felt heavy tonight as I worked on myself. I felt better at the end, but can tell more needs to be released. I was more relaxed tonight and focused on releasing what no longer serves me and my highest good.

Day 3/30

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
It's interesting.

I am realizing that you are both doing a very specific set of hand movements, etc. This sounds like it takes up to an hour. It seems clear to me that you are getting plenty out of it:D My methodology has been much more haphazard, more focused on 'getting the energy to flow' wherever I feel like it needs to get going. And, lol! Sometimes I manage a few minutes of this before I fall asleep. Other times it keeps going for a while. Many times, for me, it is focused on a specific very stuck area that I can then feel (and sometimes hear) pop back into place. Often it's only partially aligning into where it should be, though the overall effect feels like movement toward healthier alignment.

So grateful we have a space to share our varying experiences, insights, methods, etc<3

Last edited:

Bear_Raven

Rambling Companion
Apr 7, 2018
Las Vegas, Nevada
Tuesday after I got home, I did 40 minutes of reiki on myself. I found a reiki song that a bell chimes every 3 minutes to tell you to move your hands to the next placement. It really helps me focus on enjoying the energy more instead of resetting my timer every 5 minutes. I would like to find one with a bell every 5 minutes though. I feel that I should be doing an hour of reiki on myself. I didn't do reiki yesterday. I ended up being distracted again. Why is it so hard for me to do it every day? Feels like something I need to work on.

Day 4/30

Bear_Raven

Rambling Companion
Apr 7, 2018
Las Vegas, Nevada
It's interesting.

I am realizing that you are both doing a very specific set of hand movements, etc. This sounds like it takes up to an hour. It seems clear to me that you are getting plenty out of it:D My methodology has been much more haphazard, more focused on 'getting the energy to flow' wherever I feel like it needs to get going. And, lol! Sometimes I manage a few minutes of this before I fall asleep. Other times it keeps going for a while. Many times, for me, it is focused on a specific very stuck area that I can then feel (and sometimes hear) pop back into place. Often it's only partially aligning into where it should be, though the overall effect feels like movement toward healthier alignment.

So grateful we have a space to share our varying experiences, insights, methods, etc<3
I am so grateful too Lila. This is such a nice space to share and learn. I think it is great you just let the energy tell you where to put your hands and let it flow. I am trying to get to that point. That is so cool you can feel and hear it sometimes when something pops back into place. What a neat experience!

OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Good job Bear_Raven ! I think because you have been working on emotions and letting go, it makes it harder to do the self-reiki. I mean, who wants to stir the gunk up and clear it out when it was just fine settling on the bottom? Lol You are very brave to work on this now. Give yourself the gift of grace & unconditional love.

Bear_Raven

Rambling Companion
Apr 7, 2018
Las Vegas, Nevada
Good job Bear_Raven ! I think because you have been working on emotions and letting go, it makes it harder to do the self-reiki. I mean, who wants to stir the gunk up and clear it out when it was just fine settling on the bottom? Lol You are very brave to work on this now. Give yourself the gift of grace & unconditional love.
Yes, I think you hit it on the nose. For a long time I was fine with it "settled on the bottom" and keeping it buried. It was easier that way, but also the unhealthiest. I am facing it and dredging it all up to get it out and fill the void with love and light and healing. Thank you for the compassion and encouragement. It really comforts me and helps. <3<3<3

OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
It sort of reminds me of flossing teeth, which i just did right now. Sure, you could go without, but it leads to gum disease over time. Flossing daily does not hurt and gums do not bleed, but starting out does cause irritation/inflammation/bleeding. It’a all part of the healing process.
I love flossing bc it feels like a massage for my gums.
Lol, insight for the day inspired by daily hygeine hehe

Bear_Raven

Rambling Companion
Apr 7, 2018
Las Vegas, Nevada
It sort of reminds me of flossing teeth, which i just did right now. Sure, you could go without, but it leads to gum disease over time. Flossing daily does not hurt and gums do not bleed, but starting out does cause irritation/inflammation/bleeding. It’a all part of the healing process.
I love flossing bc it feels like a massage for my gums.
Lol, insight for the day inspired by daily hygeine hehe
I love this analogy. It feels spot on for what I am going through. Great job explaining it!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)