14 year-olds now treated as adults (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Australia has moved further into dystopia by introducing the My Health Record system mandatory for all its citizens (in late 2018). Needless to say, I removed my name from the list of participants before its introduction, being awake and aware I knew it was coming and what it would mean. The government did allow its citizens the semblance of free will by allowing one to take this option (at least before its introduction).

I was shocked to see this message broadcast on a government website today:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Menu

Expand
My Health Record laws have changed: Parents and other authorised representatives no longer have access to the records of teenagers over 14. Teens over 14 can manage their own record. To learn more, see "Manage your record from age 14" at www.myhealthrecord.gov.au.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

https://www.myhealthrecord.gov.au/for-you-your-family/what-is-my-health-record

The above website gives details about the newly introduced health bureaucracy.

"My Health Record is an online summary of your key health information.

When you have a My Health Record, your health information can be viewed securely online, from anywhere, at any time – even if you move or travel interstate. You can access your health information from any computer or device that’s connected to the internet.

Whether you’re visiting a GP for a check-up, or in an emergency room following an accident and are unable to talk, healthcare providers involved in your care can access important health information, such as:

• allergies
  • medicines you are taking
  • medical conditions you have been diagnosed with
  • pathology test results like blood tests.
This can help you get the right treatment. You don’t need to be sick to benefit from having a My Health Record. It’s a convenient way to record and track your health information over time."

Last edited:
Reactions: Anaeika
OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
You can see the correlation from the government's own description saying it's a good thing and how helpful it will be to all and sundry (think insurers, GPs, officials) and then the announcement that parents won't have any input or say on the records of their own teen children (young teens who are barely out of diapers). They say it's a secure website, but I'm sure employers will find a way to drink at this water tank.

Last edited:

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
At the base is all sold in gold but the real thing turns out to be more lead than gold

Thx confusion

Reactions: June

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Looks like governments are taking turns on which one can be more insane. :eek:

OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Looks like governments are taking turns on which one can be more insane. :eek:
Hey Linda, as you know it's not really government by location. As a young nation just past early childhood, we have suckled at the teat of Mother Britain and Uncle Sam.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Why are they doing this? Is there a health benefit to this? Does this have to deal with being sexually active and teens are more likelu to admit to having sex if they know their health team will not say anything to his/her parents, thereby reducing sti. There has to be a reason behind this.

Reactions: Alain
OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Why are they doing this? Is there a health benefit to this? Does this have to deal with being sexually active and teens are more likelu to admit to having sex if they know their health team will not say anything to his/her parents, thereby reducing sti. There has to be a reason behind this.
You are thinking along creative and possibly real grounds. I personally think it is to do with vaccinations - let's say the daughter or son goes with the estranged father or mother to the doctor. There will be no way for the other parent to find out if their 14 year old teen was vaccinated (unless the teen broaches the issue with that parent). So it might be a way to stop those die-hards who will not have their children vaccinated.

And the early sex thing too.... I think you're right.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Also the gender confusion / change thing. I just don't think any drugs or procedures should be an option for children.

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
The human mind doesn't mature until age 25 on average, and the younger generations take much longer. At this point is when executive functions develop, like the ability to think and plan ahead. There's a reason that people under 18 can't vote or drink beer, it's because they don't have the brains for it, literally.

• Intriguing Post
Reactions: Snowmelt and Alain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)