10 Very Different Avocado Recipies (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
For me, avocados are the food of the Gods. I love them plain or with other foods. Years ago, there was a place that had chilled avocado soup, and I had to restrain myself to just one bowl. Today I came across this article with some very different recipes, including my beloved soup (last one). Have you ever thought about about a fried egg in an avocado round, or avocado cheesecake or mousse? I just may pick up the ingredients for the soup this week - let you know how it turns out.

Few other fruits inspire such reverie as does the mighty avocado. The nutty flavor, that texture -- avocados must surely be on the short list of nature's crowning achievements. And along with their gustatory gusto, avocados provide nearly 20 essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, Vitamin E, B-vitamins and folic acid. They also enable the body to absorb more fat-soluble nutrients in food that they are eaten with, thereby boosting nutrients such as alpha and beta-carotene and lutein.

https://www.treehugger.com/slideshows/easy-vegetarian-recipes/10-deliciously-radical-avocado-recipes-from-soup-cupcakes/

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
One of my favourite sandwiches (or I just skip the bread) is avocados with tomatoes. When the tomatoes are fresh and the avocados ripe YUM!<3

Reactions: Anaeika and Linda

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Did you make the cold avocado soup Linda ? I want to try it. That sounds delicious along w the mousse.

Egg and avocado is often a breakfast for me, along w cajun seasoning sprinkled on top. I use Wildtree brand (not selling this!) because it is all organic herbs.

In college, avocados were cheap. I used to slice them in half and eat it w a spoon w garlic and paprika seasoning. Yum!

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Have not made the soup yet - got the ingredients today, but the avocados need a couple of more days.

I sent the recipes to a friend who is a baker, offering my services as a taste tester of course, and she was interested.

Reactions: Anaeika

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)