Your December Prose, Poem or Whatever! (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Over on another thread, on the Humor board, Linda posted about a friend with a type of newsletter update for the Christmas period. I had the idea of creating a new thread here for us to share in our own unique creative ways, to portray some of our experiences during December.

There are no hard and fast rules, just see where this takes you.

You could write a poem like I have done below, but using imagery to help explain each stanza.

You could write prose without form, and/or include some photos.

But whatever you feel works for you, to be creative here on the Roundtable Creative Gallery of the Arts board, that is perfectly fine!

For those unaware, we do have a thread dedicated to Christmas, where a space is open to just come together and hang, over on the Universal Discussion board (which moderator Pod looks after).

The Eve of Christmas

I strolled among the campsite
of the two visitors
that earlier had come knocking,
intruding on serenity.
The astral tent was similar,
but different.

bach.jpg

A new experience
surrounded by family,
had a familiar feeling
as I attempted to match
cards much like tarot.

dix.jpg

Flying home,
while uneventful,
brought temptation;
a flight attendant was all smiles
as she leaned in
with salted caramel fudge.

fly.jpg
fly 1.jpg

A miniature library.
A variety of crystals.
A dolphin to place.
A warmly welcome.

dolphin.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
It looks like I was alone with this endeavor, but poetry can be like that — a solo venture.

Reactions: Stargazer

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Huh, and I just a short while ago posted a poem that came to me as I browsed posts (this is, more or less, a first for me as poems don't tend to 'come to me'. The time stamp says I was posting the poem about a bit less than an hour before you posted the post aboveo_O:D
I guess we both had poetry on our minds:cool:

Here is the link: https://www.transients.info/roundtable/threads/musings-on-sacred-space.4305/

Reactions: Stargazer

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
In December, I wrote this poem for a lady who had had a stroke. I didn't know her well, but she told me about liking to receive strawberries, and it was obvious how much love she had for her deceased husband (she later told me their marriage lasted 53 years). Then she went physically downhill (but never mentally) over the Christmas period, and I have only recently seen her again, in mid-January. She was much better, though still confined to bed. She told me that her son had loved my poetry, especially even poems numbers 2 and 3 (huh? what? O.o:D:eek:O_o) I have only ever written the one, for her. Perhaps, some carer or other person in her world was inspired....?

FOR EUGENIA

There is clarity in my mind

When I first wake in the morning,

And I see the light of day dawning

Over fields of strawberries.

I love to eat the berries

And sometimes I like cherries,

Because the goodness sings

From life’s simple little things.

I remember stories of my life

When I became his wife

And we enjoyed

Life’s simple little things.

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Huh, and I just a short while ago posted a poem that came to me as I browsed posts (this is, more or less, a first for me as poems don't tend to 'come to me'. The time stamp says I was posting the poem about a bit less than an hour before you posted the post aboveo_O:D
I guess we both had poetry on our minds:cool:
I was just refering to the context and purpose of this thread, as December has now passed so the purpose is kind of invalidated now.

I had the idea of creating a new thread here for us to share in our own unique creative ways, to portray some of our experiences during December.

There are no hard and fast rules, just see where this takes you.

You could write a poem like I have done below, but using imagery to help explain each stanza.

You could write prose without form, and/or include some photos.

But whatever you feel works for you, to be creative here on the Roundtable Creative Gallery of the Arts board, that is perfectly fine!

Reactions: Stargazer and Lila

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
I was just refering to the context and purpose of this thread, as December has now passed so the purpose is kind of invalidated now.
Better late than never! :D

Reactions: Lila

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)