Wow - it was hard core back then (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Yesterday I was running a few errands. As I approached the door to a store, a young man on a skate board zoomed by. He hopped off and held the door open for me in a grand gesture. As I was leaving, I ran into him again, he held the door for me, and said "we meet again".

For some reason I wanted to talk to him some more, so I said "You know, a long time ago when I was a girl, I used ride skateboards". He looked at me for a moment, broke out in a big grin, and said "Wow, it was hard core back then". I told him about an epic wipeout on a big hill, and he said he'd had some of those, too. We smiled and went on our ways.

As I was driving home, I thought about my life through the years and especially now. That observation applies to so many things. So, some time in the future, we will say something about these times, and a younger person will say "Wow, it was hard core back then". :-D

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
1253CF64-75F1-49F2-98B9-2311E72EDFC5.jpeg

I love this story, Linda! It’s heart-warming knowing his mama raised him right! Chivalry is not dead!! <3 Even tough dudes can be gentlemen.

I am thinking about all the positive reinforement here. He held a door open for you on two separate occasions and you responded kindly. It just keeps moving forward from there. Small acts of kindness build over time.

Also, I was hardcore back then during my skate-boarding phase in high school. I had a purple Tom Penny flip skateboard. Hehe

Last edited by a moderator:

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Jeepers, ladies! When I was 14 I did a couple of high jumps and tentatively tried ice skates. I am in awe of your zipping and flipping!

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I was probably around 11-12, and that was when a lot of skateboards were boards with skate wheels. The neighborhood boys would let me ride theirs. Thinking back - it was sooooo dangerous. After the big fall that skinned my face, arms and legs, my parents said no more, and I did not disagree.

Anaeika - you had fancy wheels!

High jumps sound fun - I never tried that - actually, it never occurred to me to try it. Good for you HM.

Reactions: Lila and Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Hehe, I never said I was any good. I had two older brothers growing up, so there was a bit of a tomboy in me. I was much better in dance class.

Talking to strangers is the best way to make new friends. :)

Reactions: Linda and Lila

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Yesterday I was running a few errands. As I approached the door to a store, a young man on a skate board zoomed by. He hopped off and held the door open for me in a grand gesture. As I was leaving, I ran into him again, he held the door for me, and said "we meet again".
LOL...GREAT post, Linda! I'm so glad to see chivalry isn't quite dead! :D

Reactions: Lila and Anaeika

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)