Wondering what it would be like to live with big art (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
The other day, I was thinking about large pieces of art - I mean wall-sized paintings or installations. Then I wondered what it would be like to live with it. Then I found this article about the Facebook campus. As I looked at the pictures, I projected myself there and felt an energy. This seems reasonable to me because the artist would be imparting her or his energy into a large space.

I was wondering if anyone has lived or worked in a space with big art. Did you feel it? Did the effects wear off after awhile? I realize that being outside in nature in the biggest art of all, but I'm more focused on art created by people right now.

http://www.businessinsider.com/facebook-campus-art-photos-2016-10/#this-recycled-wood-lathe-wall-sculpture-was-made-by-barbara-holmes-from-san-francisco-5

Krena

Embracing Mystery, Mostly
Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
Linda,

My home is just about entirely filled with art.
My husband does sculpture.
I hang my photographs that are large.
We love it, and to excuse the lack of humility, most people who visit here love it, too.
We have no wall that is free of art or books.

Our garden has a sculpture made by my husband, and of course, he created the huge piece of public art, the Sun Circle, that resides in a park that spans two towns.

My art has also been purchased by some corporations and many pieces are hanging there.
I had an art agent who placed them, many in multiples.

The trick to living with art is to fall in love with it.

Brian

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 28, 2016
California
Been to art galleries. Art changes the atmosphere. The energy in the air. Big art does the same on a grander scale.
You feel the mindset the artist had when creating their work. Can't say that I've ever 'lived' with big art though. :p

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I was wondering if anyone has lived or worked in a space with big art.
I have grandiose visions of having a space to do my work with forms of art and imagery surrounding me.

It's just for the past five years I have been a traveler, so I've been unable to settle down and create such a space.

I will one day get there!

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Please refer to a clip I posted today on a thread called "Jose Arguelles and his thoughts on UFO events in our dimension". At the 41.02 mark (through to the end of video at 43:42) he mentions a concept of the new consciousness that he thinks will evolve: Zeit ist Kunst - Time is Art. He was talking to a German audience at the time, so he spoke a little German. He says that humanity will come to understand that we will co-create planet Earth as a large piece of art! (paraphrasing, please listen to Jose for his finer sense of it).

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
My favourite kind of art is that kind of contemplative art that people do in a beautiful setting (a beach, for example) which adds one thing to another's beginning and then someone adds another bit and another... and so it grows.
I guess I think of creating New Earth a bit like that. We add onto each other's pieces to create a greater whole and create the biggest art work of all, and then get to live and play in it:-))

He says that humanity will come to understand that we will co-create planet Earth as a large piece of art! (paraphrasing, please listen to Jose for his finer sense of it).
It sounds like I'll love the Jose Arguelles clip as it sounds just like this!

On the beach we might end up with something like this:
or
or
or
or
or
or

With New Earth, who knows what we'll end up with (well, I guess we do<3)

Reactions: Laron and Stargazer

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Here are two short clips of our Sculptures by the Sea exhibition (one from Cottesloe Beach, Perth in 2017) and one from Bondi Beach headland (through to Tamarama Beach). I used to live on that headland at Bondi in the 1980's. They have been having the art exhibitions there for the past 21 years, since 1997. At the time I lived there, who could have imagined it?

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I just came across the Ocean Atlas, which was assembled underwater in sections using a new technique engineered and developed by Jason deCaires Taylor.

Ocean Atlas Bahamas.jpg

Ocean Atlas Bahamas 2.jpg

This piece is located in Nassau, which is in the Bahamas. (off the east coast of the state of Florida, USA)

It's at a depth of five meters and was installed in October, 2014, on the western coastline of New Providence. The name is in reference to the Ancient Greek sculpture of Titan Atlas, which holds the heavens and depicts a young Bahamian girl sustaining the ceiling of the ocean.

This is actually the largest single sculpture ever to be deployed underwater. It reaches from the sea floor, up to the surface — five meters in height — and weighs over sixty tonnes!

More info here.

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I was wondering if anyone has lived or worked in a space with big art
I'm staying in a trailer that has the desert painted on it so that it fits into the landscape surrounding it. I will go out and take a photo to demonstrate.

And here they are...

three3.jpg two3.jpg one1.jpg

I just realized I had a picture of the remote viewing target 1st activity for this week in one of these pics! Cropped!

Reactions: Linda and Lila

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
The above post reminded me that we've just had Sculptures by the Sea, 2018. Here are some highlights:

th.jpg thTT5CX6Y6.jpg th60BXN9HO.jpg
Cottesloe Beach, Perth

th (6).jpgth (3).jpg
A real dog interacts with a sculptured dog

th (4).jpg

th (5).jpg

thJC3TO9NT.jpg

thDIEUPK3T.jpg

Some of the images are from Cottesloe Beach, Perth and some are from the headland between Bondi Beach and Tamarama Beach, Sydney.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)