1. Welcome Guest
    Welcome to the Roundtable Forum, the community boards for www.transients.info. If you have an account already, please log in, otherwise feel free to sign up. Note that you will be unable to post new threads, reply to existing threads, or have access to some boards and information unless you are logged in after signing up with a forum account. By being registered you can also post comments on front page articles using your forum Account.
    Dismiss Notice

Wondering what it would be like to live with big art

Discussion in 'Roundtable Creative Gallery of the Arts' started by Linda, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Linda

Linda Sweetheart of the Rodeo Staff Member Global Moderator Administrator Board Moderator

The other day, I was thinking about large pieces of art - I mean wall-sized paintings or installations. Then I wondered what it would be like to live with it. Then I found this article about the Facebook campus. As I looked at the pictures, I projected myself there and felt an energy. This seems reasonable to me because the artist would be imparting her or his energy into a large space.

I was wondering if anyone has lived or worked in a space with big art. Did you feel it? Did the effects wear off after awhile? I realize that being outside in nature in the biggest art of all, but I'm more focused on art created by people right now.

http://www.businessinsider.com/face...s-made-by-barbara-holmes-from-san-francisco-5

• I love this post! I love this post! x 2
    • Your're a winner! Your're a winner! x 1
    • Moderator Award (Great post!) Moderator Award (Great post!) x 1
  2. Krena

Krena Embracing Mystery, Mostly Retired Moderator

Linda,

My home is just about entirely filled with art.
    My husband does sculpture.
    I hang my photographs that are large.
    We love it, and to excuse the lack of humility, most people who visit here love it, too.
    We have no wall that is free of art or books.

Our garden has a sculpture made by my husband, and of course, he created the huge piece of public art, the Sun Circle, that resides in a park that spans two towns.

My art has also been purchased by some corporations and many pieces are hanging there.
    I had an art agent who placed them, many in multiples.

The trick to living with art is to fall in love with it.

• That is divine! That is divine! x 2
    • That's very magical. That's very magical. x 2
    • That's really cool! That's really cool! x 1
    • I love this post! I love this post! x 1
  3. Brian

Brian Astute Creature

Been to art galleries. Art changes the atmosphere. The energy in the air. Big art does the same on a grander scale.
    You feel the mindset the artist had when creating their work. Can't say that I've ever 'lived' with big art though. :p

• That shows wisdom. x 2
    • That's insightful. x 1
    • That's really cool! x 1
    • I love this post! x 1
    • I agree with you. x 1
  4. Laron

Laron Healing Facilitator & Consciousness Guide Staff Member Administrator Board Moderator Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable

I have grandiose visions of having a space to do my work with forms of art and imagery surrounding me.

It's just for the past five years I have been a traveler, so I've been unable to settle down and create such a space.

I will one day get there!

• Here's a hug for you. Here's a hug for you. x 3
    • A friendly post! A friendly post! x 1
  5. Hailstones Melt

Hailstones Melt Realized Sentience

Please refer to a clip I posted today on a thread called "Jose Arguelles and his thoughts on UFO events in our dimension". At the 41.02 mark (through to the end of video at 43:42) he mentions a concept of the new consciousness that he thinks will evolve: Zeit ist Kunst - Time is Art. He was talking to a German audience at the time, so he spoke a little German. He says that humanity will come to understand that we will co-create planet Earth as a large piece of art! (paraphrasing, please listen to Jose for his finer sense of it).

• That is divine! That is divine! x 3
    • I'm intrigued by this! I'm intrigued by this! x 1
    • Thank you. Thank you. x 1
  6. Lila

Lila Boundless Creation Staff Member Global Moderator Board Moderator

My favourite kind of art is that kind of contemplative art that people do in a beautiful setting (a beach, for example) which adds one thing to another's beginning and then someone adds another bit and another... and so it grows.
    I guess I think of creating New Earth a bit like that. We add onto each other's pieces to create a greater whole and create the biggest art work of all, and then get to live and play in it:-))

It sounds like I'll love the Jose Arguelles clip as it sounds just like this!

On the beach we might end up with something like this: [​IMG]or [​IMG]or [​IMG]or [​IMG]or [​IMG] or [​IMG]or [​IMG]
    With New Earth, who knows what we'll end up with (well, I guess we do<3)

• That is divine! That is divine! x 1
  7. Hailstones Melt

Yes, I think Jose meant that we'll start spending our excess energy in beautiful ways - when a whole lot of energy that is trapped in negatives is released.

• That's very magical. That's very magical. x 1
  8. Hailstones Melt

Here are two short clips of our Sculptures by the Sea exhibition (one from Cottesloe Beach, Perth in 2017) and one from Bondi Beach headland (through to Tamarama Beach). I used to live on that headland at Bondi in the 1980's. They have been having the art exhibitions there for the past 21 years, since 1997. At the time I lived there, who could have imagined it?

• A creative post! A creative post! x 1
    • That is divine! That is divine! x 1