Will Marketing Strategies Change? — An Instagram Example (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I very recently jumped on and signed up to Instragram for the first time. My intention of doing this was to help my business, which is my holistic healing work and services, listed through my site http://laron.nz. It’s also enjoyable to use and be creative on, all at the same time.

Instagram is the third most popular social networking platform. Facebook, YouTube and then Instagram is the current top three. Based on this article from February, Facebook sits at the front with YouTube around 70% beneath that, Instagram around 40 or 45 %, then the rest of them are pretty low in terms of use in comparison to Facebook as the benchmark — twitter comes up next at around 20% and then all the others closely following.

These two graphs below from the above article, demonstrate what I am referring to.

bar graph most popular social media.jpg bubble social media.png

I’m very self-aware, but also very aware of how others act. I posted an image on Instagram about an hour ago which had a few crystals, a pāua shell and another item from back home which I brought with me here, and want to attach to a necklace or two sometime. Within 45 minutes I see six people liking it, but only two of them seem like genuine people, the other four, to me, look like marketing based accounts.

My feeling is that those four keep an eye out on hashtags which relate to their products. Here is a screen shot of their profiles on Instragram.

ex4.jpg ex3.jpg ex2.jpg ex1.jpg

Three online stores and a company that helps people get online followers. Then there was Henda (yay a real person!, not someone likely getting paid or promoting their business) and another friend. Sure, I am on there to promote my business, but I’m not doing it so... bluntly.

I expect these people like posts with the hope the person notices their account, like I have, and then clicks on their website link, then purchases an item, or in the case of the 4th like, someone may pay money to get them to help them find more followers.

So I ask the question, how is marketing and advertising going to change as the consciousness shifts continue on? People are obviously going to become much more aware of what goes on behind the scenes to attract them to buy products, so strategies have to change, but then people are changing and are not being so materialistic. Some items will still be attractive to those who shift away from the consumerism mindset, as they will need certain things for their health, wellbeing and work they are involved in which is likely all about helping others. They will want to buy gifts for loved ones too.

I hope this brings some insight into how social media functions these days, with Facebook manipulating and controlling so many people through their tactics to keep them engaged on their site for revenue purposes—which continues to slowly decrease their attention span I find—it’s important we continue to educate others and learn more ourselves.

Family, friends, work, entertainment, hobbies and strong interests, is what it’s usually about, but for me it’s also about being creative, as some spaces can inspire me to express that creativity.

P.S. Feel free to follow me on Instagram! Uhh…. I dislike doing this but this is what we have to do these days as humans it seems: https://www.instagram.com/laron_nz.

Reactions: Pucksterguy

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
The future of marketing will depend on the nature of the shift and what new abilities we have to work with. In the case of telepathy foe example. That will create pure honesty. How can you lie when I know what your thinking? As well we should be able to talk to anybody on the planet (or elsewhere?) There will be a hive mind as well as individual conversations. So talking to my daughter in NZ would be as easy as chatting to my co worker. Would we need radio and print ads when you can just put the idea " out there" only honest companies will be able to survive. Would we be able to astrally project on a routine basis? Eliminating the need for transport? I can go on and on but I know you get the gist of what I'm trying to say. Maybe we can just manifest what we need and eliminate the need to manufacture anything.....wait and see lol.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Marketing and advertising will atrophy because it's a dirty, money-grubbing business, and people will be going down the line of contribution and creativity, hopefully. This may take decades to manifest, but really, those old-blood sucking parasites can just jump off my back (and I'm not backward in coming forward to tell them this). I left a job in an advertising agency in 1981 because I could tell even then it wasn't a place for a spiritual mind.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Austin has many start-up companies, especially in the tech field, and I'm interested in what they are thinking and doing. Yesterday, I saw an article about an advertising group that is applying behavioral economics to help companies reach more people. My first reaction - bleah, yuck, etc.

As I read on, I saw that they were indeed applying behavioral analytics to advertising. It is based on what they call controlling mental processes, and I had the same reaction as PG and HM. What happens when people no longer use those old and tiresome processes? Sure, we may still put our products and services out to the world, but the time for manipulation is winding down.

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
The future of marketing will depend on the nature of the shift and what new abilities we have to work with.
Not only that PG. I even thought about the possibility of being able to modify our bodies at some point. Could you imagine if some people could regrow missing limbs for example? I would be happy if during my lifetime I could regrow my hair. Not all of us can boast such a luxurious hair as you have -all my nice wavy hair started falling out since my very early twenties :(.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)