What tarot cards do you use? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I love the artwork on the Llewellyn deck by Anna Marie Ferguson.

The interpretations of the 'shadow cards' of the major arcana are different from many interpretations, often in a brighter way. For example: 13 "Death" in the about of a close friendship developing between two rulers, one of whom is ruler of the otherworld. This otherworld sounds like a much better place than in most conceptions; a more 'otherworldly' place. In the part of the introduction titled "Wales, the land of the red dragon" the author explains that she already did a whole deck on Arthur's legend so only touches on that story in this deck. She also writes a bit about the medieval Welsh otherworld conception in a way that is depicted in the cards:
"To live within the reach of the supernatural is seen as natural, and sometimes a blessing and sometimes a hazard... It is not fantasy but organic reality, seen on occasion through an imaginative lens..."
Other 'shadow cards' treated more positively than I'd expected include 15 "The Horned One" and 1 "The Fool".

There is certainly much lore to draw from the Welsh tradition which the author clearly loves with lots of pithy characters who are both divinely inspired and humanly flawed in turns, like Arianhod of 10 the "Wheel of Fortune". Some of the more famous characters include Myddrin and Taliesin. Then, of course, there is the red dragon, and how could one not love this character who is woven through the cards more subtly?:-))

Reactions: Anaeika and Laron

AmandaPanda17

Involved Wayfarer
Nov 13, 2017
Oklahoma
Wow just shows how ADHD I am! I see the pics of all of your cards and my mind immediately notices how pretty the colors are. This is why it takes a special individual to do this, it would be impossible for me. But it's intriguing. Plus I wouldn't know where to begin to learn. I've never had a reading lol

Reactions: Anaeika and Laron

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Wow just shows how ADHD I am! I see the pics of all of your cards and my mind immediately notices how pretty the colors are. This is why it takes a special individual to do this, it would be impossible for me. But it's intriguing.
I am no expert, but my understanding is that the visuals can be a big contributor to a tarot reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AmandaPanda17

Out of Time

Roaming Contributor
Sep 5, 2016
Tarot of the Hidden Realm has surprisingly established itself as my favourite deck. There is a lot of magic in them that seems to come from a world that has more light in it than ours. A few of the cards are different from the original deck, which is good. I feel that some kind of an update was needed to reflect that the times have changed.

What shocked me in the Rider-Waite deck were the sword cards. I found far too many of them to be brutal. In the Hidden Realm ones, those are usually warriors and the explanations are full of hope.

So, I guess you will see me use mostly this one for my Twin Flames Readings.

I also want to make a note about a very interesting deck which is quite awesome but also very dark. There are people who can tap into negative energy, transform it and use it for good (the term Blue Rays is related to that). I wanted to follow this path myself but was kicked out.

Reactions: Laron and Anaeika

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I love that the pentacles (typically associated with earthly 'wealth' as I understand it) are stones.
Warms my rock-loving soul:-D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)