What meaning do these lyrics hold for you? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I need a 'heartbreakingly beautiful' emoticon here:)

They speak to me of a very broken heart, broken so many times that someone feels like 'everything is made to be broken' and that the s/he doesn't want 'the world to see me'.
And yet... still wants to be loved and is still asking for someone to know who s/he is.

So, in sum, this little voice that remains of the pummeled being, asking for love in a world that has shown it anything but, speaks to me of the transformation of the phoenix rising from the ashes, making change happen from within. Somehow, the little voice still knows love of self and feels worthy to be known.

Now that's resilience!:cool:

OP
Don Hicks

Don Hicks

Involved Wayfarer
Mar 19, 2017
Virginia
www.facebook.com
I need a 'heartbreakingly beautiful' emoticon here:)

They speak to me of a very broken heart, broken so many times that someone feels like 'everything is made to be broken' and that the s/he doesn't want 'the world to see me'.
And yet... still wants to be loved and is still asking for someone to know who s/he is.

So, in sum, this little voice that remains of the pummeled being, asking for love in a world that has shown it anything but, speaks to me of the transformation of the phoenix rising from the ashes, making change happen from within. Somehow, the little voice still knows love of self and feels worthy to be known.

Now that's resilience!:cool:
I think these lyrics speak to different people in different ways, and I'm glad you shared, Lila. :)

I see someone on the verge of awakening, unsure of their new thoughts and ideas and perceptions about what's real and what's illusion. They are seeing spiritual reality for the first time, and don't feel the (sleeping) world will understand, because so many are still caught in the hold of the Ego. They see all things as temporary (made to be broken), except for the soul... which is the true identity, and that's what they want the (sleeping) world to see.

:)

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Let's look at all of the lyrics of the song for a whole picture:

Iris
Goo Goo Dolls

And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now
And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
And sooner or later it's over
I just don't wanna miss you tonight
And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's meant to be broken
I just want you to know who I am
And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
  • Lead Goo Johnny Rzeznik wrote this song for the movie City Of Angels, where it is sung from the perspective of Nicolas Cage's character. In the film, Cage plays an angel sent to help humans make their transition to the afterlife. When he falls in love with a human (played by Meg Ryan), he must choose between love and eternal life.

In our 2013 interview with Rzeznik, he explained how the film influenced the song. "I was thinking about the situation of the Nicholas Cage character in the movie," he said. "This guy is completely willing to give up his own immortality, just to be able to feel something very human. And I think, 'Wow! What an amazing thing it must be like to love someone so much that you give up everything to be with them.' That's a pretty heavy thought."

Info from Songfacts.com

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Don Hicks got pretty close in summary, not knowing the full context of the song lyrics. Not wanting the world to see him, he still retains the frequency of the unseen, but he is as close as a heartbeat to his love in the earthly temporal abode.

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
I like the (re-?)interpretation of some song lyrics into spiritual meanings. I did this before too. The songs themselves might or might not mean the same but we must not forget that lyrics and stories and all kinds of tales and works of prose do work on several levels.

E.g. I heard that Snow Patrol song and it made me go "wow", just when you look at this part:

This isn't everything you are
Breathe deeply in the silence, no sudden moves

OP
Don Hicks

Don Hicks

Involved Wayfarer
Mar 19, 2017
Virginia
www.facebook.com
I like the (re-?)interpretation of some song lyrics into spiritual meanings. I did this before too. The songs themselves might or might not mean the same but we must not forget that lyrics and stories and all kinds of tales and works of prose do work on several levels.

E.g. I heard that Snow Patrol song and it made me go "wow", just when you look at this part:

Breathe deeply in the silence, no sudden moves
I agree! I find myself doing the same thing... Listening to old songs with new ears. :D:):-D

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Another example, this again might be about something a little else since Mr Edwards is a deeply religious man and draws inspiration from the Bible, but for me it is first and foremost a perfect song about the Ego, which is a "collector of useless clutter" ( = attachments!) indeed. I highlighted the phrases I especially like with regard to this:

Deeply shaken see I come that way
ill at ease in my own skin
I hum along to the down home drone
down in my soul to stay

ain't gonna listen to my own noise
even though I love the sound

it come back hollow on hollow
when it come back around
back around

Quick to anger and quick to speak
afraid to lose these things not mine to keep
the spirit is willing the flesh is weak

How long have you been standing there

only here a lonley man
I do
I get behind myself
grieved in my spirit by my hands
seemes he has turned his head

this collector of useless clutter
somethin now has caught his eye
now his words only stumble out in stutters

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
My relationship with music has shifted since I started writing the way I do, in that love songs always sound like they're messages from our stellar family to us. Any love song pretty much sounds like that to me these days.

OP
Don Hicks

Don Hicks

Involved Wayfarer
Mar 19, 2017
Virginia
www.facebook.com
My relationship with music has shifted since I started writing the way I do, in that love songs always sound like they're messages from our stellar family to us. Any love song pretty much sounds like that to me these days.
Spot on. It's especially true of love songs. When you hear lines like: "all your perfect imperfections" or "holding you I held everything" or "God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you". And "There used to be a graying tower alone on the sea. You became the light on the dark side of me." Certain verses in them always pop out. And there are the more obvious songs with strong spiritual ideals such as "Imagine". But I sometimes even find it in the more generic pop songs. Perhaps it's more about an evolved way of thinking and perception?

Reactions: Stargazer

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
Perhaps it's more about an evolved way of thinking and perception?
Absolutely it is!

I will share this one that has for so long been a favorite song (since it came out in the late 1970s, and it's always been like a personal anthem, lyrics below, "Don't Look Back") and now perfectly sums up what my experience has been. In fact, the whole album does! Nice too that it has a spaceship on the cover :D

1. "Don't Look Back" like the personal journey into authenticity
2. "The Journey" ooooh yes let's go!
3. "It's Easy" yes, I remember...
4. "A Man I'll Never Be" like the ones I left behind saying to get real and back in touch with them
5. "Feelin' Satisfied" on track with the mission, talking to the world to wake up
6. "Party" back in the groove with my crew (yes very Pleiadian, I guess...)
7. "Used to Bad News" understanding the Dark Side and others just can't ride with that
8. "Don't Be Afraid" ... of love

This series of songs sums up the experience of a lot of people on this world who resonate to the Pleiadian frequency, I would wager. Forgive me for such a long and probably unintentionally non-related post to this thread. And if it's fun, see me as a young teenager rocking out to this album until it was worn out. :rolleyes:

By the way Don Hicks , to answer the question in your OP, I think the lyrics you share are saying that you feel that you haven't been seen as the person you know yourself to be, and it's a pretty awesome person in touch with his heart. Often misunderstood but always aiming for love. And you're not afraid of that. I love that.

Turn the volume up.

Don't look back
A new day is breakin'
It's been too long since I felt this way
I don't mind where I get taken
The road is callin'
Today is the day

I can see
It took so long to realize
I'm much too strong
Not to compromise
Now I see what I am is holding me down
I'll turn it around

I finally see the dawn arrivin'
I see beyond the road I'm drivin'
Far away and left behind

It's a new horizon and I'm awakin' now
Oh I see myself in a brand new way
The sun is shinin'
The clouds are breakin'
Cause I can't lose now, there's no game to play

I can tell
There's no more time left to criticize
I've seen what I could not recognize
Everything in my life was leading me on
But I can be strong

I finally see the dawn arrivin'
I see beyond the road I'm drivin'
Far away and left behind

Last edited:
OP
Don Hicks

Don Hicks

Involved Wayfarer
Mar 19, 2017
Virginia
www.facebook.com
Absolutely it is!

I will share this one that has for so long been a favorite song (since it came out in the late 1970s, and it's always been like a personal anthem, lyrics below, "Don't Look Back") and now perfectly sums up what my experience has been. In fact, the whole album does! Nice too that it has a spaceship on the cover :D

1. "Don't Look Back" like the personal journey into authenticity
2. "The Journey" ooooh yes let's go!
3. "It's Easy" yes, I remember...
4. "A Man I'll Never Be" like the ones I left behind saying to get real and back in touch with them
5. "Feelin' Satisfied" on track with the mission, talking to the world to wake up
6. "Party" back in the groove with my crew (yes very Pleiadian, I guess...)
7. "Used to Bad News" understanding the Dark Side and others just can't ride with that
8. "Don't Be Afraid" ... of love
Wow! You have great taste in music, Maryann. And in a bit of synchronicity, I just heard "Don't Look Back" yesterday, and was thinking: "I haven't heard that song in years!". How interesting...

I hadn't thought of that song in that way, but now I have a different take it. Thank you. :) I may add it to my play list. :)

I love Boston, Fleetwood Mac, Aerosmith, the Eagles, and many from the 70's era. But I also like Maroon 5, John Legend, Ed Sheeran, and many of the modern day artists.

By the way Don Hicks , to answer the question in your OP, I think the lyrics you share are saying that you feel that you haven't been seen as the person you know yourself to be, and it's a pretty awesome person in touch with his heart. Often misunderstood but always aiming for love. And you're not afraid of that. I love that.

Turn the volume up.
Ahhhh... now I'm blushing. :-D

You know, I work in the construction trade and used to be the stereotype male who hid/buried his emotions. But as I awakened, emotions became my GPS. I learned that all the emotions that felt "good" (i.e. - Joy, happiness, contentment, gratitude, etc.) were telling me I was aligned with Love and my soul purpose. And all the emotions that felt "bad" (jealousy, frustration, anger, resentment, etc.) were telling me that my thoughts (or actions) were unaligned with my Soul. So I began to embrace my emotions rather than subdue them, and always try to act with kindness and Love. It can definitely be misunderstood and can even leave a person vulnerable. But no regrets. :-D It helps keep the vibrations high and makes one's Soul purpose the "sole purpose". :)

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Absolutely it is!

BOSTON ROCKS!!!! One of my favorite groups from back in the "old days". ;D

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Oh those memories...

In my old vinyl record collection I had - or actually still have - a lot of classic (rock) albums that I did not re-buy as CD later on - some but not all. (Today I'm all mp3 with new buys and the old CD collection ripped, yeah, shame on me, no more hardware...).

It's a huge collection - as big as the CD collection - both of which btw have been gathering dust for many many years now in the boxes in the cellar of my parent's house. (The vinyls of course much longer when I started with the 'modern' CDs in the early 90ies ...).

I remember I bought the Boston album (or maybe 1-2 more) because the hit single "More Than a Feeling" back then in the 80ies was giving me ... well yeah ... more than a feeling ... that I should definitely own it.
O.o:D

OP
Don Hicks

Don Hicks

Involved Wayfarer
Mar 19, 2017
Virginia
www.facebook.com
Wake me up by Avicii -- Wow... obvious?

Feeling my way through the darkness
Guided by a beating heart
I can't tell where the journey will end
But I know where to start
They tell me I'm too young to understand
They say I'm caught up in a dream
Well life will pass me by if I don't open up my eyes
Well that's fine by me

So wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was finding myself
And I didn't know I was lost

I tried carrying the weight of the world
But I only have two hands
I hope I get the chance to travel the world
But I don't have any plans
I wish that I could stay forever this young
Not afraid to close my eyes
Life's a game made for everyone
And love is the prize

I didn't know I was lost
I didn't know I was lost
I didn't know I was lost
I didn't know I was lost

OP
Don Hicks

Don Hicks

Involved Wayfarer
Mar 19, 2017
Virginia
www.facebook.com
I've been waiting on the sunset
Bills on my mindset
I can get deny they're getting high
Higher than my income
Income's breadcrumbs
I've been trying to survive

The glow that the sun gives
Right around sunset
Helps me realize
This is just a journey
Drop your worries
You are gonna turn out fine
Oh, you'll turn out fine
Fine, oh, you'll turn out fine

But you gotta keep your head up, oh
And you can let your hair down, eh
You gotta keep your head up, oh,

I know it's hard, know its hard
To remember sometimes,

I've got my hands in my pockets,
Kickin' these rocks
Its kinda hard to watch this life go by
I'm buyin' in the skeptics,
Skeptics mess with, the confidence in my eyes

I'm seeing all the angles, starts to get tangled
I start to compromise
My life and the purpose
Is it all worth it,
Am I gonna turn out fine?
Oh, you'll turn out fine
Fine, oh, you'll turn out fine

To remember sometimes,

Only rainbows after rain
The sun will always come again
Its a circle, circling,
Around again, it comes around again

I said only rainbows after rain
The sun will always come again
Its a circle, circling,
Around again, it comes around,

To remember sometimes,

Keep your head up, oh,
Keep your head up, oh,
Keep your head up, oh,
And you can let your hair down
I said oh, no no no no no no no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)