Info What Is QHHT? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
Dolores Cannon's method of hypnosis, Quantum Healing Hypnosis Technique (QHHT), involves inducing an individual into the Somnambulistic state of trance through visualization. A state which under ordinary circumstances is experienced only twice daily: the moment just before you become consciously awake and the moment just before you fall asleep. Historically, hypnotists have avoided conducting research with subjects in this state because of the often strange and inexplicable results that are recorded. Dolores Cannon begun her research of lost knowledge and reincarnation in the late 1960's by developing QHHT for past life regression sessions with her subjects.

Not one to be limited by this disciplinary stigma, it was working with clients specifically in the Somnambulistic state and exploring the possibilities that led Dolores to discover that any individual can gain access to experiences of Past Lives they have lived. It was also exploring with clients in this state that she discovered an infinitely knowledgeable and powerful aspect of each individual that can be contacted and communicated with. This part of ourselves, as Dolores had learned, is always present with us and exists just below the surface of our conscious mind, so she appropriately chose to label it The Subconscious. The Subconscious is what gave her and practitioners of her QHHT technique access to past lives and performs instantaneous healings when appropriate. Over her 45-year career, her technique has proven to be effective on thousands of people all over the world regardless of their Age, Gender, Personality, Physical Symptoms, Religious Beliefs or Cultural Backgrounds. Supplementing the vast body of work Dolores had produced, the results experienced by QHHT Practitioners, students of Dolores who have learned her technique and practice it with their own clients, conclusively support the finding that we have all lived multiple Other Lives and we all have a Subconscious which contains the answers to any question we may have about ourselves or the life we are living.

Source:
http://www.dolorescannon.com/about-qhht

Last edited:
R

Rhonda Flye

I tried this 6 months ago. I couldn't be put under. I felt a huge blankness coming over and my brain just jerked me out of the hypnosis. The practitioner was a level 3. Are their higher levels for people that are resistant to hypnosis?:)

Reactions: Laron

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
www.lornawilsonqhhthealing.co.uk
I tried this 6 months ago. I couldn't be put under. I felt a huge blankness coming over and my brain just jerked me out of the hypnosis. The practitioner was a level 3. Are their higher levels for people that are resistant to hypnosis?:)
All of the levels are meaningless money spinners. Sometimes a practitioner who may be a fully trained psychiatrist, doctor, psychotherapist etc. just only took level one to learn the technique, so may have more hypnotherapy skills than a level 2 etc. who has no therapy background outside of learning the technique. In that case a level 1 can be much better than a level 3 where the emphasis is on imitating Dolores's voice, and style. When Dolores first began teaching her technique the students had to be already professionally trained hypnotherapist, then she changed it anyone being able to learn it. Which means that in certain cases where a client might not be able to relax deeply the practitioner may not have enough experience or skills in the 'toolbox' to ensure depth of trance. That said, many practitioners may already have a strong soul history in this kind of work and naturally are very good, or they have a strong spiritual practice/discipline that enables them to have a high vibrational field themselves.

Did you get to explore 'the huge 'blankness' or what happened to jerk you out of hypnosis? There are many reasons that can make a person resistant to relaxing or ' let go' of their conscious minds control, such as trust, not being entirely comfortable, needing to analyse what is being said, protecting a certain emotional area in their 'stories' etc. etc.

I share the following with clients to help them understand the mechanics of an expanded consciousness among other things to help the analytical/left brained person who needs to have things make logical sense to them. Also hypnosis doesn't take us 'under' as that is a fallacy that may stem from the media, but instead it allows us to expand our awareness in a focused inner way.

If you allow yourself to relax deeply it affects your brainwave and switches the mind into an altered state beginning with alpha the realms of the imagination. Whether in an alpha or theta brainwave state, much can be addressed and healed. Here is an explanation about our brainwaves and how effective they can be in helping us to access many subconscious layers. Meet Your Brain Waves — Introducing Alpha, Beta, Theta, Delta, And Gamma The more you allow yourself to relax the greater the the depth of hypnosis trance you can achieve.

Reactions: Vickie and Laron

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
Depending on the person a deep trance state is not necessary for a successful session, although deep trance states are something we achieve daily.

Have a look at this article.
Achieving hypnosis is an experiential state that everyone achieves and it is not reliant on whether they are right or left brain. People have different preconceived ideas of what they imagine hypnosis to be like or how it may affect them during the trance state, so I have found it of value to invest a bit of time into exploring peoples beliefs and pre setting the markers of how they will know they are hypnotised. Doing this in advance of the induction helps to pre-set the 'markers' that will tell them that they are in deep trance.

The following article show ways in which we achieve deep trances states naturally in our daily life:

A question that people often ask about hypnosis is "can anyone be hypnotized?" It used to be believed that only 30% of the population could be hypnotized. This figure was based on the results of "suggestibility tests", "scales of hypnotizability" and other practices associated with the traditional, authoritarian approach to hypnosis. This approach is increasingly outmoded, as our understanding of what hypnosis is has grown and more indirect, personalized methods of hypnosis have developed.

It may well be that only 30% of the population respond to authoritarian hypnotic commands, but hypnosis itself is a universal human trait. 100% of the population experience it in some form or another on a daily basis. It may even be that we live most, if not all, of our lives in various trance states, an idea suggested by the psychotherapist Stephen Wolinsky in his book Trances People Live.

Wolinsky observed that the so-called Deep Trance Phenomena (DTP), generally believed to be exclusively part of formal hypnosis sessions, are actually present throughout much of our daily lives. "Normal" consciousness, he argued, is made up of these phenomena, which we switch into and out of all day long.

So what are these Deep Trance Phenomena? The following is a list, together with examples of how they might be encountered in everyday life.

Age Progression - or projecting yourself into an imagined future. In hypnosis, the subject might be guided by the hypnotist to vividly experience a future when they have lost weight or stopped smoking. On an average day, you age progress every time you sit in a doctor's waiting room, imagining what will be said when you go in for your appointment, or when you see a pair of shoes in a shop window and picture yourself wearing them to a party at the weekend.

Age Regression - reliving an event from the past. Hypnotists often do this to remove or change the emotion around painful memories. You age regress in your daily life every time you relive an argument that you had with someone twenty years ago.

Disassociation - a feeling of being separate from all or part of your body, or a distancing from emotions. Hypnotic subjects often say that they can't feel their arms or legs, and this can be a useful tool for pain control. At other times, you're emotionally disassociated if you ever find yourself thinking "I really don't like you" as you have an outwardly pleasant conversation with a colleague, and you're physically disassociated if you've ever paused with a forkful of food halfway to your mouth because something on TV has caught your attention.

Post-Hypnotic Suggestion - issuing specific instructions or commands to be acted on later. This is a mainstay of hypnosis and hypnotherapy, of course. It also happens when you find yourself thinking "I really must phone my mother”, “don't forget to fill up with petrol on the way home”, “remember to buy cat food" and so on.

Amnesia - forgetting an experience. Hypnotic subjects frequently forget the details of the hypnosis session, and sometimes this is actively encouraged to avoid over-analyzing what has been said. You experience amnesia every time you can't remember where you left your car keys, wallet or mobile phone.

Negative Hallucination - failing to perceive something that is actually there. Hypnotists might encourage this if, for instance, somebody is acutely conscious of the sound of their own voice in social situations. An everyday example would be failing to see your car keys, wallet or mobile phone as you frantically search for them, even though they're in plain view on top of the kitchen counter.

Positive Hallucination - perceiving something that isn't actually there. Therapists might encourage their clients to imagine a "circle of confidence" that they can step into before getting up to deliver a speech. If you've ever had a fantasy or daydream about someone, then you've positively hallucinated. This is quite closely associated with age progression as well, of course.

Confusion - this is often deliberately employed as a trance-inducing technique, and we all experience moments of bewilderment, perhaps at those times when you wander into a different room of the house and wonder what you're doing there.

Time Distortion - a sense of time slowing down or speeding up. This is a major feature of hypnotic trance, and subjects often feel that more time has passed than is actually the case. You experience time distortion in traffic jams and boring meetings, which seem to last forever, and also on those occasions when you're really enjoying yourself and time just seems to fly by.

Sensory Distortion - increasing or decreasing sensory awareness. In hypnosis, the hypnotist might draw the client's attention to various bodily sensations, as a way of inducing and deepening trance. Sensory distortion is also evident at those times when you manage to tune out a persistent noise - people who live near railway lines, for instance, simply don't notice the passing trains after a while.

Wolinsky became fascinated by the role these phenomena play in keeping problems in place. In a typical case of anxiety, for instance, we might see age progression and positive hallucination, as the sufferer conjures up a terrible future and sees signs of imminent catastrophe. We might also see sensory distortion, as anxiety sufferers are often acutely aware of unpleasant sensations in their body, such as heart palpitations, which further fuel the anxiety.

Identifying the deep trance phenomena behind a problem points the way to a solution, as that trance state can be changed or broken. This raises the interesting possibility that hypnosis works by bringing people out of unhelpful trance states - unhypnotizing them, in effect!
Courtesy: http://www.yourstorrington.co.uk/news/local-business-cognitive-hypnotherapy.php

Here are some examples of what a hypnotherapist may do to help a client go deeper confidently into hypnosis;

Great Hypnotic Work Starts Well Before the Induction

Reactions: Vickie
OP
Vickie

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
I couldn't agree more, @Lorna. A good practitioner can be any level and a level three does not guarantee that a practitioner is a good one. If I were choosing a QHHT practitioner I would first read their website then I would speak to the practitioner by phone. After the live interview, before the hypnosis, when all the questions have been asked and answered I always asked my clients if they are comfortable and if they want to proceed. By this time the client should have a feeling of the practitioner's knowledge and experience.

Many people read Dolores Cannon's books and expect that same deep hypnosis but Dolores only wrote about the people that could get into a deep state of hypnosis called somnambulism. Only one in ten people can achieve somnambulism. However, remembering past lives does not require that deep state and much healing can be achieved through a lighter state of hypnosis.

Reactions: Lorna Wilson

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
Many people read Dolores Cannon's books and expect that same deep hypnosis but Dolores only wrote about the people that could get into a deep state of hypnosis called somnambulism. Only one in ten people can achieve somnambulism
That is a fallacy as the brain in hypnosis fluctuates through many brainwave states, so some things can be remembered while other things not. This article explains what hypnotic somnambulism in hypnosis is. Sleepwalking is traditionally known as somnambulism, and is a fairly rare condition that doesn't affect a large part of our global population.

This may sit uncomfortably with many who believe that there is no memory of what takes place during a session as they are so 'deep' but, I and four other people I know of who have had a session with Dolores remember what took place during our session.

However, remembering past lives does not require that deep state and much healing can be achieved through a lighter state of hypnosis.
Totally agree, and we know that is true from doing simple creative visualizations that can have profound effects on us for change or information gathering.

This article is a good read:
Hypnosis, Altered States of Mind and Brain Waves.

Reactions: Vickie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)