What are the best exercises for the pregnant women ? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.
J

johnegan

Hey guys my wife is 3 month pregnant . She is a exercise freak . What are the best exercises she can do so that she can move her body a little bit

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
I had an insanely easy pregnancy. I did pregnancy yoga, and a lot of walking. At one point, frantically annoyed at the weeds in our backyard, i spent a couple hours doing rather physical work at maybe, 6 months pregnant. Haha
Her body is in crazy Flux through that period, so i would highly recommend a chiropractor who is skilled with pregnancy (there's a specific name for it. But i can't remember it. ) i did activator only, so they didn't twist my body all weird. But i swear, i slept like a baby up until he came out. My body would get odd random tweaks where it would be rough to move naturally, and it would fix it perfectly. I would never go through pregnancy without a chiropractor. It also helps to align the body properly for least resistance for the baby to come out.

I hope this isn't getting too far off with body suggestions. Kudos on the pregnancy, by the way! <3 :)

L

Latriza Petrie

I would recommend all exercise but modifying depending on how far along you are. The belly will sometimes get in the way so always modify based on the size and how far along you might be. Of course you should always get clearance from your doctor prior to any exercise routine.

I would personally recommend swimming, walking and yoga.

Lilia

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2016
Vayuna, via Switzerland
a friend of mine went on easy walks until 9th month, after we went on rather rough hikes until her 6th month, so getting some fresh air and movement shouldnt be an issue if she is healthy and fit. the only advice i can give here, if she is into doing lots of exercise, to listen to her body, to feel it, and to take its signals seriously, it will tell her when its enough. my friend also told me, she had to constantly change positions, like standing for hours or sitting for hours or walking for hours was something she avoided, instead taking breaks was important to her.

OP
J

johnegan

I had an insanely easy pregnancy. I did pregnancy yoga, and a lot of walking. At one point, frantically annoyed at the weeds in our backyard, i spent a couple hours doing rather physical work at maybe, 6 months pregnant. Haha
Her body is in crazy Flux through that period, so i would highly recommend a chiropractor who is skilled with pregnancy (there's a specific name for it. But i can't remember it. ) i did activator only, so they didn't twist my body all weird. But i swear, i slept like a baby up until he came out. My body would get odd random tweaks where it would be rough to move naturally, and it would fix it perfectly. I would never go through pregnancy without a chiropractor. It also helps to align the body properly for least resistance for the baby to come out.

I hope this isn't getting too far off with body suggestions. Kudos on the pregnancy, by the way! <3 :)
Thanks for so much of good information

Reactions: Anaeika and Angela
OP
J

johnegan

a friend of mine went on easy walks until 9th month, after we went on rather rough hikes until her 6th month, so getting some fresh air and movement shouldnt be an issue if she is healthy and fit. the only advice i can give here, if she is into doing lots of exercise, to listen to her body, to feel it, and to take its signals seriously, it will tell her when its enough. my friend also told me, she had to constantly change positions, like standing for hours or sitting for hours or walking for hours was something she avoided, instead taking breaks was important to her.
Yes Breaks are very important because she tires very early now. She is not able to do continues exercises.

Henda

Mystic Healer and Astral Explorer Author
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
The best exercice for pregnant women Is walking believe me ! It Is possible to so some gym exercices on The floor too From Time to Time at The begining but at The last mounths These become very difficult. I Also encourage swimming And walking in The sea or A swimming Pool frequently
Babies Love Water And They FEEL It when mom Is swimming ;):-D

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
I did prenatal yoga (important not to do inverted positions), water aerobics (amazing during 3rd trimester and just wanted to move w/o the extra weight), & lots of walking. It's important to have healthy snacks & to drink more water. Please do not exercise in the heat. Running is safe as long as Mom has been running and in shape before pregnancy, which your wife sounds like she is very active. Being active is GOOD, as this will bring more oxygenated blood to all cells in the body. Most importantly, have her listen to her body. If she skips a work-out bc she would rather sleep, that is OK! It means her baby is going through a "leap" & is requiring more energy for growth.

Also, I agree w finding a chiropractor who is certified to work w pregnancy. Mine loosened pinched nerves, allowing me to stay active & pain free.

Reactions: Laron and Lilia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)