Watch his language - but he's onto something... (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Jim Stone is antsy, but when it comes to technological items, he's often on the mark. I like to visit Jim's website about once every 2 weeks, just to see what has caught his attention now.

http://82.221.129.208/.zl0.html

UNBELIEVABLE: GOOGLE TAKES INVASIVENESS TO AN ENTIRELY NEW LEVEL

I just got an Android smart phone (an inexpensive one) for $45 at Wal Mart. If you do not let google record everything full time, AND record video full time, AND take pictures of your environment whenever it wants, AND have full access to all your contacts, AND have full time tracking of your location, it will partially brick the phone, including all web browsing and SMS.
I am not mistaken. The phone is an ST Origins with Android 6.0, quad core with GPS and everything else a smart phone has. It is not performance compromised. It is not a performance issue. When you start the browser, it has a list of options, which are:

Allow Google to track your location? yes/no
Allow Google to access your camera? yes/no
Allow Google to access your contacts? Yes/no
Allow Google to record audio? Yes/no
Allow Google to access your personal files? Yes/no
Allow Google to make and "manage" phone calls? Yes/no
If you enable ALL OF THEM, you can surf the web and receive text messages. But if you disable a SINGLE ONE, and you try to open the browser, it says it is blocked by your privacy settings and will instantly close. I SH** YOU NOT.
Google also demands that every single file on the phone be recorded to it's "online backup" as soon as it is made, or it will brick the phone. Let's face it. If it is a smartphone, and it can't go online or receive text messages, it is AS GOOD AS BRICKED.

WTF is Google thinking with this BULLSH**??!!??

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
...and how does one get one's privacy back when 'everyone is doing it' and starting a conversation about how slippery this slope is reaches mostly blank faces?

Reactions: Stargazer

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Eh, let 'em look. They won't get anything of value and they'll only be wasting their time. :)

Besides, they don't have my consent to "mess with me". :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)