Vacation prep (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
My family and I are leaving for vacation on Tuesday. We're going to Canada. :) Niagara falls, Toronto, and Montreal. Then down to the Pittsburgh area afterwards for some family time.

I love travel. It's one of my favorite things. I feel like it really shakes things up. Makes you see things anew. And I think it really helps you to be in the "now". But I know I have a bit of a hard time feeling grounded when I travel. All the flights and time in movement on wheels, sometimes it's difficult for me to "settle" and feel secure or at home with the constant moving.

I take some of my crystals, such as moss or tree agate. Some amethyst and quartz. Maybe something like hematite or onyx.

When in movement, I'll also try to visualize myself grounding. With roots coming out from me and really holding into the ground, or something like that. Quiet rooms away from people are always welcome. And if I really find myself with too much energy from it all, I picture myself in bed that night, with the quiet and safe with my husband. The darkness and the stillness.

I was curious what other tips you guys might do when traveling to help keep you centered and grounded.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anaeika and Lila

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I take an old red woollen cloak that I bought in 1985, and lined with a corresponding scarlet colour. It is simple, yet infused with essence of "me", so it makes me feel grounded wherever I wear it. I also like to take a single pointed quartz crystal mounted in silver necklace. Again, something I had made way back in my early 20's and therefore something that has travelled with me all this time.

Red cloak.jpg

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I love all the grounding/feeling better methods you mention!

My all-time favourite is to find, wherever I can, a little spot of nature. It can be a tiny corner of grass, a bird's song, a view from a tower, or a leaf rustling. Whatever it is, I instantly feel better; more invigorated, alert, happy. I've found that even the densest city can have such a place. Planning such stops into the trip is important to me. You'll have at least one of those at Niagara Falls. Waterfalls, with their negative ions and the amazing rush of such immense amounts of water at those huge falls reverberates throughout one's body if one stops for a bit to pay attention.
Walking barefoot, especially if there is a body of water to do it in, is another favourite along the same lines.
Climbing a tree or rock; ditto.
Once, in New Delhi, pregnant and feeling harassed by the constant stream of sounds, sights, smells, etc surrounding me I recall, still in great detail, the short stop we made into a Brnai Brith temple. I don't recall why we went in, but it was there. It was an oasis of calm with beautiful, soothing architecture built to resemble a lotus flower. The intent was clear somehow. The sudden stop in chaotic sensory input took me aback in a way I loved. I've since 'revisited' this type of scene in my personal version of what I envision for my future (I believe this to be the start of my version of my favourite 'New Earth' places). It starts in a chaotic city, full of all kinds of intense emotional input where I create a temple of calm, then fill it with others interested in peace and contemplation. From there, a unique bridge to a place that is every-expanding and beautiful in every respect that one gets to when ready to cross the bridge.
Recently, I've acquired some of CrystalSong's beautiful orgones which I hear are wonderful for travel. I haven't had a chance to try that yet but am glad to know it's an option that I can try.

If all else fails, I can start each day inwardly creating my own space of calm grounding and 'run my energies' for a while. When I do, things just run differently, in a way I like.

OP
Angela

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
I take an old red woollen cloak that I bought in 1985, and lined with a corresponding scarlet colour. It is simple, yet infused with essence of "me", so it makes me feel grounded wherever I wear it. I also like to take a single pointed quartz crystal mounted in silver necklace. Again, something I had made way back in my early 20's and therefore something that has travelled with me all this time.

View attachment 4506
I love the idea of having something so personal to take with you. I don't think I have anything as of yet, but you totally make me want to find something, post haste.

I love all the grounding/feeling better methods you mention!

My all-time favourite is to find, wherever I can, a little spot of nature. It can be a tiny corner of grass, a bird's song, a view from a tower, or a leaf rustling. Whatever it is, I instantly feel better; more invigorated, alert, happy. I've found that even the densest city can have such a place. Planning such stops into the trip is important to me. You'll have at least one of those at Niagara Falls. Waterfalls, with their negative ions and the amazing rush of such immense amounts of water at those huge falls reverberates throughout one's body if one stops for a bit to pay attention.
Walking barefoot, especially if there is a body of water to do it in, is another favourite along the same lines.
Climbing a tree or rock; ditto.
Once, in New Delhi, pregnant and feeling harassed by the constant stream of sounds, sights, smells, etc surrounding me I recall, still in great detail, the short stop we made into a Brnai Brith temple. I don't recall why we went in, but it was there. It was an oasis of calm with beautiful, soothing architecture built to resemble a lotus flower. The intent was clear somehow. The sudden stop in chaotic sensory input took me aback in a way I loved. I've since 'revisited' this type of scene in my personal version of what I envision for my future (I believe this to be the start of my version of my favourite 'New Earth' places). It starts in a chaotic city, full of all kinds of intense emotional input where I create a temple of calm, then fill it with others interested in peace and contemplation. From there, a unique bridge to a place that is every-expanding and beautiful in every respect that one gets to when ready to cross the bridge.
Recently, I've acquired some of CrystalSong's beautiful orgones which I hear are wonderful for travel. I haven't had a chance to try that yet but am glad to know it's an option that I can try.

If all else fails, I can start each day inwardly creating my own space of calm grounding and 'run my energies' for a while. When I do, things just run differently, in a way I like.
That sounds so magical. I look forward to seeing the falls again. I went when I was a young child, so I have random glimpses of what it was like. I know it's going to be so much more powerful this time around. Especially being on the Canadian side.

Reactions: Anaeika and Lila

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
I second Lila with grounding in nature.
I recall a time feeling jet-lagged after arriving in London. I found a greenspace near water, and dug my bare feet into the grass, soaking up the sun, & this eventually led to cartwheels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)