Unspun News 170210 (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Bernie

Roaming Contributor
Aug 7, 2016
Deloraine, Tasmania, Australia
Bernie submitted a new transients.info article.

Unspun News 170210

THIS is an absolute MUST WATCH.Under 5 mins, and if you aren’t smiling fit to bust after 30 seconds, check the mirror - you’re probably dead! ENJOY - these are REAL people. Like YOU. Don’t ya luv ‘em all? Enjoy, keep, remember, and share! (Thanks, Jane!)​

================================================

WORLD
JON RAPPOPORT - “Under the surface of this global civilization, a great and secret war is taking place. The two opponents hold different conceptions of Reality. On one side, those who claim that humans operate purely on the basis of stimulus-response, like machines; on the other side, those who believe there is a gigantic thing called freedom.”...
Click here to continue on to the original article.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Where the Hell is Matt? I remember seeing that a few years ago, but I'd forgotten about it. What a wonderful reminder...and ALWAYS a classic!!!!

:ROFL: :-D :cool: :p :D :)) :-)) :)

If that doesn't restore one's faith in humanity, nothing will...

:D

Reactions: Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
"Colleges are basically clinics. Psychiatric centers."
Now that you think about it, makes sense. Never been away from home, dealing with the mental "sins of the parents", and newly found independence.... bet some mental issues surface for the first time in that setting.
Ages 18-25 is when mental illness usually presents itself, right when ppl are usually attending college.

Reactions: Stargazer

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Ages 18-25 is when mental illness usually presents itself, right when ppl are usually attending college.
That actually makes perfect sense...it's the time when most of us are "set free" from the nest and expected to fly on our own! If one doesn't have some solid goals and a plan for reaching them, it can be a very stressful time...and even if one is prepared, it's still incredibly challenging. When I recall that time in my own life, I'm always super grateful for the many "mentors" I had to help guide me along the way.

Oh...and duh...college is when many start experimenting with drugs or alcohol. How could I forget that? I've learned some pretty important life lessons on a bathroom floor, draped over a toilet and puking my guts out! LOL!

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Anaeika and Carl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)