Unknown Health and Spiritual Risks of Working with Quartz (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
www.lornawilsonqhhthealing.co.uk
Hey fellow crystal knowers, what do you think of this article I just ran across? Here's a taster from it.

The Unknown Side of Quartz

Most people are unaware that one of the most common crystals used today is on the list of the most poisonous minerals on earth. I’m talking about Quartz – Crystal Quartz or silicon dioxide. 12% of the earth’s crust is made of the Quartz kingdom. Although there are spiritual reasons, this post will introduce health concerns of the nano particles of quartz to help increase our awareness and deepen our respect for the mineral kingdom.

According to Mining Technology, exposure to the fine particulate form of Quartz (natural silicon dioxide) can cause silicosis, lung cancer, kidney disease and immunological problems. While this warning is mainly for those who “work” within the mining industry, quartz nano particles like all gases cannot be contained as mankind would have us believe. You may think its unlikely that tiny airlike particles or shavings of quartz can be found in abundance in your home or in extreme or dangerous levels, yet we are releasing more and more of these fine particles (particulates) the more we mine, and work with Quartz in our home and communities.

Kristy

Star child
Retired Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
3rd rock from the Sun
Here is my response to that.

I think it is more the mining that is the danger than the actual Quartz. I've never had issues. Plus it's not like people are ingesting the Quartz. Look at fluorite. In high doses it is poisonous when ingesting but many of us work with the crystal without problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)