The world's first human head transplant is 'imminent' — Sergio Canavero, Italian surgeon (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
"Controversial Italian doctor Sergio Canavero claims he’s carried out the world’s first successful human head transplant, albeit on a corpse. Canavero says a transplant on a live subject is now imminent.

Canavero made his extraordinary announcement Friday, at a press conference in the Austrian capital, Vienna. The Italian neurologist said he carried out the posthumous operation in China and that his newly developed techniques for re-connecting the spine, nerves and blood vessels, allowing the head and body to work in tandem, were a success.

“The first human transplant on human cadavers has been done,” he said. “A full head swap between brain dead organ donors is the next stage. And that is the final step for the formal head transplant for a medical condition which is imminent,” he added."
(Source)
Thoughts?

Isn't this interesting.

I wonder how the spirit adjusts to the energy in a new body in such a situation.

Of course, there are possible ethical implications here.

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
"If you want to get a head, get a hat" My Grandfather was a hat manufacturer and he coined that advertising phrase which sprang to mind as I read your post Laron.

It is not a head transplant is it? It is a body transplant. If consciousness is perceived through the brain, and the identity personality is in the frontal lobes, then it is the body that is new.

When we have a new heart we call it a heart transplant, so this is a whole body transplant. Isn't it?

Maybe a soul that has been beheaded in a previous life, would like this opportunity to get it back? Karma?

Whoever goes for this must be very brave, because I doubt they will do more than lie in a bed for years. The nerves need to heal. Ouch.

Give me a clone anytime. I can't help feeling that this is distraction.
The Italian neurologist said he carried out the posthumous operation in China and that his newly developed techniques for re-connecting the spine, nerves and blood vessels, allowing the head and body to work in tandem, were a success.
Wonder why he did it in China?

If it was posthumous, how does he know it was a success?

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I think I am having a Mandela moment because I thought someone already had done this. s:p

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
People that are paralyzed from the neck down for example (I have a relative it that situation), or with a body basically destroyed would welcome the chance to try this approach I would guess. Yes, there would be many questions once we can do such operations. The medical ones are obvious, ethics, etc., but probable to people like us the spiritual questions as well about karma as pointed out above would keep us watching the developments because the answers would move us closer to greater understanding in general.

It makes me think too that we were here before sometime during our evolution in this planet; chimeras come to mind as a step in the process.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Oh, boy, I can see a lot of plot lines and puns coming up with this one!
Not sure how seriously I take it, though:eek:

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
Maybe you are thinking about how the Nazis tried this on primates during WWII.
The Nazis did many experiments in the past, many to the benefit of mankind, others not, and some probably will never be made public -too gruesome, too potentially damaging to certain groups or peoples reputations, etc. I'm sure though that in many nations even now there are experiments that if they where to become known they would open the flood doors to public scrutiny, ethical discussions, and perhaps even downright opposition from the masses. Some of those experiments are probably officially non-sanctioned, or hidden behind the label of "national security," or even carried out by independent people or organizations that could be nefarious or just being undertaken for the purpose of seeing if they could be done and not if the should be done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)