The crystals that travelled 142,400 kms (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Lai Jumoke

Involved Wayfarer
Retired Moderator
Life is unpredictable, and we do not know when and how many times we may have to travel and move around. My life has been definitely unpredictable. My most precious belongings are my crystals. They always travel with me. In this post, I just want to share with you guys my experiences if you want to travel with your crystals on your carry-on luggage.

From the year 2012 till today, I have travelled 8 times from Barcelona to Sydney ( a distance 17,800 km approximately) with my crystals. If added up, these crystals have travelled 142,200 kilometers!

My crystals are my friends. They always go with me in my carry-on luggage. They are so dear to me, that I cannot afford to lose them in a missing luggage. Also, the benefits of having them with me onboard the flight is that when I feel stressed I can put them on my eyes. I know my crystals relaxed my eye balls in an environment in the cabin with high air pressure and too much oxygen. Too much oxygen often causes us to be too excited and not be able to relax and sleep. My in-flight times were 23 hours excluding transit. So I definitely needed my crystal friends.

Of course I did not open and touch all of my crystals on the flights, but about 9 or 10 of them. THe one's that resonated with me in flights are hematite, rose quartz, jade, turquiose, carnelian, orange calcite, selenite, opal, gold tiger eye and angelite. I noticed that these were the ones that wanted to come out of my bag and sit on my lap or chest pocket, or even on the tray.

I have about 70 pieces of small crystals that weigh about 3 kg. During security checks in airport, my suitcase was opened and checked. My pendulum was opened too to check for drugs. I was expecting questions like why I have so many crystals. But once a female security officer remarked, wow, I love the colours. What is the name of this and that...etc.

So let me know, if you have ever travelled with crystals and what experiences you had with them in terms of tiredness, and any fun experiences with the security.
Blessings!!!

I have added a few photos today. Some of my crystals resting on a rock beside a water fall while I took a swim. My box to carry my crystals and then a photo of the box opened. Enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited:

Anna

Involved Wayfarer
Aug 1, 2016
Lovely story. I have travelled around a lot too with diffrent Stones but never with 3 kilos:-DSoon i shall travel far and this time my celestite and amethyst cluster among others have to come with Me, so lets see what happens then.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I have way more rocks and stones than friends and family, and they are all over the house and porches. I had not thought about it until just now, but no one has ever made fun of me - at least not to my face. Usually they pick one or two up and look at them.

If I am going into a potentially stressful situation like a meeting, I do not take them with me, but I carefully select the right necklace, which are made of the same type of stones.

When we move, my rocks and stones go with me. One time I overheard a packer talking to my husband. He said this is a box of rocks, and my husband sighed, said he knew, and to pack them up anyway. Mine have not gone as far as yours, but they've moved around Texas and to the US east coast and back.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Your crystal stories intrigue me. I have tried connecting to crystals. I find them beautiful & I enjoy reading about their spiritual qualities, but I haven't been able to feel them like some here at the RT. I keep moldavite close to me. Once a woman had to get away from me b/c the moldavite was too activating for her. I just don't get it b/c I never have experienced it, but I'd like to. Any suggestions? Why are some able to feel crystals and some not? What is the difference?

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I do not have specific experiences like Lai and Kristy do. I just like different stones, and many seem to come to me. I'm walking and there one is right in my path. One time I was wondering if I should do something and looked down to see a piece of soapstone that recently was turned over. The unweathered side had a "Y" shape etched into it. I call it my "Yes, you can" stone.

I go by feel and intuition. The other night I was going to what could be a contentious meeting. I ran my hand across several pendants and the kyanite and moonstone one felt right. For me, everything went very well, and I was able to get the concession I wanted.

I soften my energy and subtle messages come through. On the other hand, I don't last long in a "rock shop". After a short time I feel as though I am vibrating from all the energies.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
[QUOTE="Linda,

I soften my energy and subtle messages come through. On the other hand, I don't last long in a "rock shop". After a short time I feel as though I am vibrating from all the energies.[/QUOTE]

Gosh, Linda! I wonder what you'd be like in a crystal cave. I once went on a guided tour in Kartchner Caverns; the guide told us a story of a man who touched the crystals inside, couldn't handle it, & ran off towards the elevator.

OP
Lai Jumoke

Lai Jumoke

Involved Wayfarer
Retired Moderator
One time I overheard a packer talking to my husband. He said this is a box of rocks, and my husband sighed, said he knew, and to pack them up anyway. Mine have not gone as far as yours, but they've moved around Texas and to the US east coast and back.
Ohh Linda.... that means you have so many of them. I just saw the scene infront of me, your husband, a packer with their truck waiting outside.... and the box of rocks! So funny.... made me laugh. Thank you.

OP
Lai Jumoke

Lai Jumoke

Involved Wayfarer
Retired Moderator
Your crystal stories intrigue me. I have tried connecting to crystals. I find them beautiful & I enjoy reading about their spiritual qualities, but I haven't been able to feel them like some here at the RT.
Anaekia, I have no idea too how some may feel and be intrigued more than others... but yes, I think sometimes it is just the colours that feel so good, sometimes it is also the vibrations. A colour is a frequency too that we are experiencing through the eyes and then it translates to the heart. Then because we are so used to colours that we may seem to think, we like this crystal because of the colour (in our logical mind). But that is it I think. That can be the feeling, someone's eyes can feel more and intercept more and become the dominant sensor than the vibrations...

So yeah, I think that means one still feel and perceive them... and that is the best. Just like Linda does... crystals keep coming to her. There is another post where Linda asks to identify others the Y shaped crystal that came her way and Kristy had insights on that crystal. :)

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Gosh, Linda! I wonder what you'd be like in a crystal cave. I once went on a guided tour in Kartchner Caverns; the guide told us a story of a man who touched the crystals inside, couldn't handle it, & ran off towards the elevator.
I've been several caverns and have been just fine. I think it is the mix of different crystals that affects me. I sure would like to visit a crystal cave!!

There is another post where Linda asks to identify others the Y shaped crystal that came her way and Kristy had insights on that crystal.
Yes, forgot about that. The soapstone here is an unusual type and is linked to a place in the UK that is associated with Merlin energy. Interesting things can come your way.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
For traveling I find that jewelry is easiest. Nobody seems to blink at multiple bracelets plus earrings plus necklace/s, lol! Guys could probably get away with a necklace +/- a bracelet or two, perhaps an earring or two for most occasions in the area I currently live. One or two stones in the pocket also seems okay for daily life or travel, though they can be a bit pointy to sit upon:))!

Stony adornment certainly can become a talking point for starting a conversation; at an airport or anyplace. Those can be the loveliest conversations in my experience. Like you say, Lai Jumoke , often folks will comment on the colour first. Perhaps it's most familiar or feels safest? Feels similar to commenting on artwork?

I do increasingly find myself prioritizing the important things for any potentially stressful meeting or event by starting with the essential oils and rocks that feel best. Can anyone think of a better destressor? Done well, I come out a prep session like that feeling ready for anything:)

And of course, like you Linda , my entire family is used to the rocks, shells, pieces of wood, leaves, etc. that follow me around:rolleyes:
I do hear the occasional 'siiiiiigh' when they gather in boxes, particularly if any box needs moving:):)

Any suggestions? Why are some able to feel crystals and some not? What is the difference?
Speaking for myself, I find myself picking up such things (or bee-lining for a stream that I want to get wet in, or walking on tree roots, or talking to animals or whatever) because I like it. It makes me feel good and I like the connection, I guess. I like noticing the beautiful little things that surround me/us in everyday life. Today I admired the variety of mosses and the carpet of leaves that crossed my path, among others. It sure makes taking a walk entertaining. I know that I have always enjoyed doing so and that having children gave me an awesome excuse to indulge in such activity. Now, I can verbalize how I feel about it by realizing that anything so incredibly simple and ubiquitous that makes me happy is worth every moment spent appreciating it. The side effects of being a vastly more pleasant person to be around, the wonderful conversations and connections that result, etc, are just part of the fun. Fundamentally though, I just love it so why would I not do something so simple and beautiful?<3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)