The Childhood Experiences Study for Adults (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.
S

Sowmya Kshtriya

The Childhood Experiences Study for Adults

Have you ever experienced negative or adverse events within the first 18 years of your life? Do you remember how old you were during these events?

Researchers at Teachers College, Columbia University are seeking adults from diverse backgrounds, to participate in a study aimed at understanding both whether and when people experienced difficult or adverse events in the first 18 years of their life, as well as their mental health in adulthood.

• If interested, please click the link below that will direct you to a survey where you can begin the study. You will have an opportunity to learn more about the survey before formally agreeing to complete it.
  • Participation involves completing one 30-minute online survey where you will complete a series of questions.
  • Those who complete the survey will be entered into a raffle to receive a $50 Amazon gift card via email. Link to enter the raffle will be provided at the end of the survey.
  • You will not be asked to elaborate in detail about any difficult or negative past events you may have experienced. Instead, these questions will mainly be multiple-choice questions and take up a small portion of the survey that will be completed anonymously.
  • Researchers at Teachers College, Columbia University will work to combine survey responses to better understand links between timing of adverse childhood events and mental health outcomes.
Interested in learning more? Please click HERE:
The survey has been closed. Thank you for your participation!

(*Permitted to post by forum administrator.)

This is approved by the Institutional Review Board (IRB) of Teachers College, Columbia University (TC Protocol #17-027; Expiration Date 1/31/17)

Last edited by a moderator:

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
After filling in the first screen (the second screen after the info screen) and hitting next, I got an error message that said my session was outdated so I had to start again. (I lost everything I filled in) It may have been over 5 minutes before I started the first lot of questions, after hitting next the first time as I suspect there is a timeout but this timeout is probably a bit low for people.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I am curious if you and the other researchers have considered Highly Sensitive People in your results. As much as I dislike 'labels', I am an HSP.

For those who have not heard of this, she is really the pioneering psychologist behind this work, Elaine Aron, PhD. Her information can be of benefit for people from so many different angles. These two books by Elaine are highly recommended by me, to anyone who finds them selves extra sensitive in life. From a metaphysical perspective, I have found that a lot of 'volunteer' souls are HSP's. (Her credentials: she earned her M.A. from York University in Toronto in clinical psychology and her Ph.D. at Pacifica Graduate Institute in clinical depth psychology as well as interning at the C. G. Jung Institute in San Francisco.)

9780767903363.jpg

highly-sensitive-person.jpg

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
The Childhood Experiences Study for Adults

Have you ever experienced negative or adverse events within the first 18 years of your life? Do you remember how old you were during these events?

Researchers at Teachers College, Columbia University are seeking adults from diverse backgrounds, to participate in a study aimed at understanding both whether and when people experienced difficult or adverse events in the first 18 years of their life, as well as their mental health in adulthood.

• If interested, please click the link below that will direct you to a survey where you can begin the study. You will have an opportunity to learn more about the survey before formally agreeing to complete it.
  • Participation involves completing one 30-minute online survey where you will complete a series of questions.
  • Those who complete the survey will be entered into a raffle to receive a $50 Amazon gift card via email. Link to enter the raffle will be provided at the end of the survey.
  • You will not be asked to elaborate in detail about any difficult or negative past events you may have experienced. Instead, these questions will mainly be multiple-choice questions and take up a small portion of the survey that will be completed anonymously.
  • Researchers at Teachers College, Columbia University will work to combine survey responses to better understand links between timing of adverse childhood events and mental health outcomes.
Interested in learning more? Please click HERE:
https://tccolumbia.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5tdEKSuwcMKgeot

(*Permitted to post by forum administrator.)

This is approved by the Institutional Review Board (IRB) of Teachers College, Columbia University (TC Protocol #17-027; Expiration Date 1/31/17)
Thank you for posting this Sowmya:)

OP
S

Sowmya Kshtriya

After filling in the first screen (the second screen after the info screen) and hitting next, I got an error message that said my session was outdated so I had to start again. (I lost everything I filled in) It may have been over 5 minutes before I started the first lot of questions, after hitting next the first time as I suspect there is a timeout but this timeout is probably a bit low for people.
Thank you for informing me about this Laron. The survey does not have a time out and this could have been a technical glitch. I will certainly look into it. Thank you for taking the survey and offering your helpful feedback! :)

Reactions: Stargazer
OP
S

Sowmya Kshtriya

Dear Survey Participants,

Please kindly offer any feedback that reveals survey content as a private conversation to me, as we would not like this to bias other participants when completing the survey.

I whole-heartedly welcome your kind feedback and thank you for this! Please kindly either send it as a private conversation to me (if reveals any survey content) or use the contact information provided in the (Informed Consent - survey page 1 or Debreifing Handout - survey last page) to contact me or my research team.

Thank you for your understanding and patience! :)

xoxo

Reactions: Stargazer and Brian
OP
S

Sowmya Kshtriya

I am curious if you and the other researchers have considered Highly Sensitive People in your results. As much as I dislike 'labels', I am an HSP.

For those who have not heard of this, she is really the pioneering psychologist behind this work, Elaine Aron, PhD. Her information can be of benefit for people from so many different angles. These two books by Elaine are highly recommended by me, to anyone who finds them selves extra sensitive in life. From a metaphysical perspective, I have found that a lot of 'volunteer' souls are HSP's. (Her credentials: she earned her M.A. from York University in Toronto in clinical psychology and her Ph.D. at Pacifica Graduate Institute in clinical depth psychology as well as interning at the C. G. Jung Institute in San Francisco.)

View attachment 1636

View attachment 1637
Thank you so much for sharing this book Laron! I have heard about this and am very familiar with York University as my brother went to the same school. :)

Reactions: Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)