The Benefits of Meditation and Guided Meditation (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Brad

Spiritual & Meditation Teacher
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
Australia
www.mindful-meditations.com
Brad submitted a new article.

The Benefits of Meditation and Guided Meditation
Meditation is an old-age practice, existing for eons in many cultures. There are many different forms and sub-types of meditation. One form, which has now become very popular in the west, is guided meditation. Guided meditation is great for beginners, or seekers wanting some guidance and direction during their meditation practice. While more traditional forms of meditation tend to be about silencing or focusing the mind, guided meditation often keeps the listener's mind active and alert. Guided meditation recordings are also available to stream or download. They are very popular, so you don't necessarily have to join a class or meditation circle. If, on the other hand, you wish to make like-minded friends, you may prefer to join a local meditation class or group. These days, many...
Click here to continue on to the original article. (You can comment if logged into a transients.info Roundtable Forum account.)

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I have recently been enjoying the meditation of song, especially with a repetitive, calming song to greet the day with.
It is a beautiful way to start waking<3

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Thanks for the article and the reminder that it can be a simple process that fits into our lives. The more we do it, the easier it gets.
For some who resist the idea of meditation, I've suggested Pachabel's Cannon in D. I enjoy a guided meditation or sound meditation because it is like a platform from which I travel.

Reactions: Stargazer and Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
For some who resist the idea of meditation, I've suggested Pachabel's Cannon in D. I enjoy a guided meditation or sound meditation because it is like a platform from which I travel.
I think that's the one we had on last night, lol!:-D

Reactions: Stargazer and Linda
OP
Brad

Brad

Spiritual & Meditation Teacher
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
Australia
www.mindful-meditations.com
Thanks for the article and the reminder that it can be a simple process that fits into our lives. The more we do it, the easier it gets.
You're welcome Linda, yes, as you say the more you practice meditation the easier it gets. Also, the benefits are cumulative, the more you practice the greater the benefits.

Reactions: Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)