The Atacama Desert in 4K (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Atacama desert.jpg

The Atacama desert has some of the darkest and cleanest skies in the world. A view to the night-sky rewards with uncountable numbers of stars and many nebula. Not a single noise can distract from the grand show which the night-sky offers.

The environment is harsh, however. This five and a half minute video was filmed in very cold conditions at altitudes up to 5,000 meters (16,000feet). With salt lakes and frozen slopes, the Atacama is not at all friendly to your equipment and life in general. It provides epic and vast vistas of one of the greatest landscapes on earth, the creator of this reports.

res.jpg

Remember that you can set the quality on the video to 4k resolution and have it running at full screen. Just right click on the video to get access to the source URL if you have limited options with the embedded video below, or just click here to visit the source video on YouTube.

EQUIPMENT USED:
Cameras: 2x Sony A7RII, Sony A7s, Canon 6D.
Lenses: Zeiss Otus 28mm f1.4, Canon 11-24mm f4, Tamron 15-30mm f2.8, Sigma 50mm f1.4, Zeiss Milvus 35mm f2, Canon 70-200mm f4 .
Motion-Control: eMotimo Spectrum ST4, Dynamic Perception Stage Zero, iOptron Star Tracker.

Last edited:

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
There are so few places now which are truly wild. Generally, these are inaccessible places. So precious!<3

I believe that one of the ways we will know we are truly ascended will be when we systematically and unequivocally protect our most precious resources (including our human ones) from exploitation and allow them to be enjoyed/revered for their inherent beauty:-D

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Stunning to see so many stars so clearly!

It’s been on my bucket list since a friend of mine told me about this place last year and she is supposed to travel there for her anniversary. It’s supposed to be really hard to get to, & thank goodness for that!

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
Awe inspiring. I almost cried. I think i needed to see that today. Thank you.

I can only imagine how much more contemplation and reverence we would give our lives, and the people in it, and give thought to our significance if everyone could see those skies every day.

Sam Vause

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
This stopped me dead in my tracks, so to speak. I do not recall anything, ever, that gave me this perspective of how inconsequential our world is in comparison to the vast - VAST - array of other stellar bodies.

Wow.

Now I've got to find a big monitor that will show it to me in 4K. I may have to suggest to the husband that Christmas is coming soon...... ;)

OP
Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Now I've got to find a big monitor that will show it to me in 4K. I may have to suggest to the husband that Christmas is coming soon.....
The original title of the video says 8K, but when I looked at the settings, it was only 4, so I made a bit of a title change!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)