Teaching your child to change the world (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
A friend often sends me inspirational quotes, and I knew this one was important. In many ways, it reflects how I was raised, and how I raised my daughter. So, I can tell you from experience that it works.

“Don’t become preoccupied with your child’s academic ability. But instead,
Teach them to sit with those sitting alone.
Teach them to be kind.
Teach them to offer help.
Teach them to be a friend to the lonely.
Teach them to encourage others.
Teach them to think about other people.
Teach them to share.
Teach them to look for the good.
This is how they will change the world.”

~ Author Unknown

anony.

Involved Wayfarer
Jan 15, 2017
Scotland
This is beautiful 100% agree this is how i want to raise my daughters. I try to teach them to live by their own standards, instead of following societies perception of how they should be. i want them to grow with confidence, not broken down by society as it tries, innately, to dim their light.
Their energy is so precious and pure i will protect that at all costs, im not going to let society dictate they are not good enough or have to change. If they grow with kindness and compassion still in their hearts, il know ive done my job properly. Id rather they were happy than 'successful' by our societies standards. Its funny how its more acceptable to be greedy, selfish, unkind, than it is to just BE. I will support them all the way, as long as they are happy and keep love in their hearts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)