Squat Health Challenge (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
10/40. Quarter of the way there!

Then another mom decided to join me and then we walked for a bit, talking about my new Couch to 5k goal, inspired by Angela . Thank you!
That's wonderful! The couch to 5k really breaks it down in a way that you can acclimate yourself easily while still pushing yourself. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to get into running.

OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
10/40. Quarter of the way there!

That's wonderful! The couch to 5k really breaks it down in a way that you can acclimate yourself easily while still pushing yourself. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to get into running.
That’s good to know bc I need it broken down. I am running a very short distance on my street from the school bus stop to my house. I am ready to add more.

Reactions: Angela and Lila
OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
I did my 50 squats today.

(Plus hour on elliptical)

My pants are a bit looser and I need a belt.

*high fives to everyone* Keep up your healthy choices.

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
That’s good to know bc I need it broken down. I am running a very short distance on my street from the school bus stop to my house. I am ready to add more.
I should also add, they have an app which is great. Because all the portions are timed so your phone can beep or something when it switches. (if I remember how it worked right.)

Reactions: Anaeika

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
12/40.

I took a day off yesterday. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to be all over achiever like you guys and make it up today too.;)

OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
I skipped that today too, but made them up.

Reactions: Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Seems my body is doing better than my computer:)
Squats done.
Computer still being worked on. At least I can post this:D but it's super slow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laron and Anaeika

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I'm really doing terribly lately with my exercise!

Day 16/40 complete! 100 squats and 600 skips.
If that's terrible, I'd say you're rocking:cool:

I was proud because today I took those squats on the road in the form of a 15-20 mile bike ride, complete with some good hills. Boy, am I feeling it!

Reactions: Anaeika and Laron
OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
I'm really doing terribly lately with my exercise!

Day 16/40 complete! 100 squats and 600 skips.

25?
You’re doing good especially with all the other exercise and healthy eating you do.

I did 100 squats yesterday. I need to exercise today.

Reactions: Laron and Lila

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I'm doing "cleaning the house" squats and stretches. When my back gets tight, I do downward dog, and my dog shows me the proper way to do it. Sigh....

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
You’re doing good especially with all the other exercise and healthy eating you do.
Thanks!
I'm doing "cleaning the house" squats and stretches. When my back gets tight, I do downward dog, and my dog shows me the proper way to do it. Sigh....
Your dog can show me the proper way next week! :cool:

Reactions: Anaeika
OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
s:pI did 50 this morning & it was really tough for me! I missed the past few days due to a cold & have some to make up. I am feeling very out of shape!
—Winded

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Got yesterdays and today's done +10 banked; slow to post them:rolleyes:

I'm finding that there is a time when doing them quicker (getting the count moving rapidly) is sometimes easier. It's a bit of a mind trick as my body tells me soon 'Enough!' so I can only do it for a bit and then either rest or or finish up.

Reactions: Anaeika and Laron

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
16/40.

Got mine in late tonight because this morning I didn't have time.
So, sometimes, my ears plug up and I hear a soft buzz. Anyone know why? I had it a lot when I did plank exercises and this is the first time it's happened doing squats.

OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Angela , this is what I found from the LiveStrong website:

“The most typical form of tinnitus after exercise is caused by the increased blood flow in your body. When you exercise, your heart pumps more blood to help support your muscles with oxygen. This can result in extra blood pumped to areas that may not need it, like your ears. Ringing in the ears can also be the result of ear infections and colds, which could increase as you put pressure on your ears through increased blood flow during exercise...”

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
16/40.

Got mine in late tonight because this morning I didn't have time.
So, sometimes, my ears plug up and I hear a soft buzz. Anyone know why? I had it a lot when I did plank exercises and this is the first time it's happened doing squats.
Are you anemic?
See Anaeika's post and then imagine that you needed more blood to flow because you had less density of cells and you might get the picture.

Reactions: Angela and Anaeika

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
Are you anemic?
See Anaeika's post and then imagine that you needed more blood to flow because you had less density of cells and you might get the picture.
I don't believe I am, but I am coming up on my cycle. I try to take an herbal syrup I made though with a lot of nettle in it.

Either way this is all informative. I had it happen a lot when I ran too. Particularly when I stopped running. Haha.

Reactions: Lila and Anaeika
OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
I did 50 squats today & still hard. I’m so tired out!
I have 200 to make up! Ugh! Dragging over here. :-/ But I WILL do it and I have a plan to complete this goal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)