Squat Health Challenge (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Phew. Got mine done. First set of 40 like yesterday, followed by 20... but harder than yesterday.

Reactions: Anaeika and Laron
OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
I completed my 50 yesterday.

(Also did an hour on the elliptical.)

Reactions: Laron
OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
My 50 is done.

Lila, I really like how you total in at 60 daily by breaking it up. Clever!

Reactions: Laron

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Got my 50 in today but did not do any 'banking'. I did manage that yesterday but have noticed a trend of being increasingly tired with less stamina too over the last few days... so very glad to get these in despite all that!

OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Got my 50 in today but did not do any 'banking'. I did manage that yesterday but have noticed a trend of being increasingly tired with less stamina too over the last few days... so very glad to get these in despite all that!
I know that feeling!

Reactions: Lila
OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Finished w my squats this morning.

I did them after an hour on the elliptical.

I am hoping by starting my day w exercise, my energy levels will be up throughout the day.

Reactions: Lila and Laron

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
Finished w my squats this morning.

I did them after an hour on the elliptical.

I am hoping by starting my day w exercise, my energy levels will be up throughout the day.
I've done the couch to 5k a couple times and starting out with running always boosts me up.

I haven't done my set yet today, but I will in the next hour or so.
So 7/40. :)

OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
I've done the couch to 5k a couple times and starting out with running always boosts me up.

I haven't done my set yet today, but I will in the next hour or so.
So 7/40. :)
I’ve always wanted to do that 5k.

Reactions: Lila and Angela

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
I’ve always wanted to do that 5k.
I've gotten up to being able to jog for a full 25-30 minutes.. Which is... Quite a bit deal for me. I've done it in Arizona and also in the mile high city of Denver.

But to be frank, i absolutely hate running. I do it to help strengthen my heart specifically, but after I reach that point, i just stop.

I'd much rather prefer to do some sort of structured dance, (like ballet or something similar in formal training) but the classes are so expensive.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Day 13/40 complete!

100 squats
600 skips
60 crunches with a dumbell weight on chest
60 pushups
20 dumbell floor presses
20 dumbbell overhead pulls
20 dumbell flyes

20 minute run
30 pullups
60 heel touch situps
10 stretches which I’m not sure what it’s called but I lay on my back and put my knees side to side with arms opposite…

45 min power walk
30 body-weight bench dips

Reactions: Anaeika and Lila

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
Day 13/40 complete!

100 squats
600 skips
60 pushups
20 dumbell floor presses
20 dumbell flyes

20 minute run
30 pullups
60 heel touch situps
10 stretches which I’m not sure what it’s called but I lay on my back and put my knees side to side with arms opposite…

45 min power walk

Oof. Haha
Good for you!
These squats seem like just part of your everyday.

Reactions: Anaeika and Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I love that stretch! It's been my favourite for years.
All that other stuff... you have had a busy day, Laron!

OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
I've gotten up to being able to jog for a full 25-30 minutes.. Which is... Quite a bit deal for me. I've done it in Arizona and also in the mile high city of Denver.

But to be frank, i absolutely hate running. I do it to help strengthen my heart specifically, but after I reach that point, i just stop.

I'd much rather prefer to do some sort of structured dance, (like ballet or something similar in formal training) but the classes are so expensive.
I rather do dance class too & yoga. A goal of mine is to do some sort of martial art. Krav Maga is good.

Jogging that long would be a big deal for me top. I rather take a nature walk.

OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Day 13/40 complete!

100 squats
600 skips
60 pushups
20 dumbell floor presses
20 dumbell flyes

20 minute run
30 pullups
60 heel touch situps

45 min power walk
Somebody is showing off! Hahaha

Just kidding! You’re doing super and are inspiring.

OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
I love that stretch! It's been my favourite for years.
All that other stuff... you have had a busy day, Laron!
That one feels so good on my lower back. ;)

Reactions: Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016

So cool that you've worked up to something that is a big deal for you! That's dedication and it shows what you can do... especially when you do it in the heat and/or mile high!:cool::D:-))
Doesn't mean you have to like it, but now you know you can if you want to, lol;)
I rather do dance class too & yoga. A goal of mine is to do some sort of martial art. Krav Maga is good.
I managed to keep doing martial arts (with a very forgiving, kind group of people) throughout my extensive, debilitating (and in the pastO.o:D) illness. I was sooo grateful to have that option of something I could keep going to locally and be able to do; each practice focusing on what I was able to do, leaving out what wasn't available to me on any given day.
Since then, thankfully, I've regained much of what was impossible for years:-D

Walking was always available to me to. Walking (and talking) with friends became a wonderful habit that earned me a few BFFs whom I still keep in regular touch with though we are continents away from each other<3

Really, that is what it is all about... just doing what you can and then pushing those boundaries bit by bit as your lovely body allows<3

Reactions: Anaeika and Angela

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
9/40.
These were a little more tough because I had just gotten back from working at the farm. And made painfully aware of how weak my arms are. (i already knew this, but it was highlighted.)

Last edited:

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Day 14/40 complete! 50 squats.

Today I had a bit of an eclipse moment (I'm not going to Arizona now — sorting out another option), but I'm not going to let it get me down.

Well, the squats got me down.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Done my 50.:)

Did something the other day called "GIJanes". Just 4 of them. So sore in the upper arms today that I can't reach back!
These are sort of like a combination of pushups and downward dog/upward dog in that you go into down dog and then, as you go for your pushup, you sort of scrape your front + nose along the ground (or close by:rolleyes:) and come up into up dog. It's quite sinuous as you are moving a bit like a snake or worm moveso_O. And quite a workout!
Just like 'burpies' these GIJanes give pretty much the whole body a workout.

OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Wow Lila ! Those sound intense!! I don’t want to do those! Haha
I do push-ups against the wall and then movd my arms up to stretch and work out other muscles; my chiropractor showed me these. They help w neck and shoulder tension.

Anyway, I missed yesterday b/c I was so fatigued and sleepy. Today I did 100 squats. I did 50 at the park w other moms. They looked at me bc I wasn’t sitting and having lunch w them. Then another mom decided to join me and then we walked for a bit, talking about my new Couch to 5k goal, inspired by Angela . Thank you!

Laron , ahhh, sorry AZ didn’t work out. I am really rooting for you like a cheerleader, hoping another opportunity pops up. Also, good job sticking with the squat challenge!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)