Spontaneous Art: Invitation to Create Rock, Leaf Installations (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Krena

Embracing Mystery, Mostly
Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
cairn-1.jpg

This little sweetheart was bored so she started creating cairns along the rock wall, after she saw a man doing this. Soon after, her sister joined her, and the cairns multiplied. After that, people started taking photographs of them, and then a local newspaper reporter noticed what they were doing, and their spontaneous art landed them in the paper as little local stars.

Encountering art unexpectedly causes joy.

Krena and Linda have collaborated on this idea and invite you to create a spontaneous piece of art. Take a picture and share it with us.

A word of caution: Please do not stack rocks in parks and wilderness areas as they may confuse hikers who use stacked rocks as trail markers. Also, moving rocks in these areas can lead to erosion, not to mention disturbing the habitat of the critters that live underneath.

Ideas: wide open.
One suggestion: Paint a rock with a star constellation of your choice and place it. Better yet, maybe make more than one if you feel moved. I have tried researching glow-in-the-dark paint. There is a nail polish that does this along with other craft tools. Or use a water-resistant paint. Please recommend one to us if you find a great product for this.

Inspiration: one artist of note in this artistic arena.

Andy Goldsworthy is an inspiring artist, using nature as his palate, and his work is often temporary. Here is a link to some of his work.

http://www.morning-earth.org/ARTISTNATURALISTS/AN_Goldsworthy.html

This next link is from a google search, looking at the images only.

http://search.aol.com/aol/image?q=andy goldsworthy&s_it=searchtabs&v_t=webmail-searchbox

No time limit. Have fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Krena

Krena

Embracing Mystery, Mostly
Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
I started experimenting with metallic sharpies. I handwrote on one small rock, and noted that it was best that the stone was not very porous nor bumpy (not exactly stunning revelations).

I pulled out a stencil to try a neater version of my message ... but I was asked to send cards to the water protectors at Standing Rock. I worked on that first.

I think the winter will be a good time to spread some unexpected cheer.
Hmm, no, perhaps now. All people I have encountered lately are seriously anxious.

Reactions: Stargazer and Laron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)