Spiritual Enlightenment Demystified: What It Is and How to Experience It (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Spiritual Enlightenment Demystified:
What It Is and How to Experience It

BY PETER RALSTON

Clarifying Enlightenment—Sort Of
It’s a ridiculous idea that I, or anyone, could possibly convey what enlightenment really is. The most accurate relationship to the matter would demand that I just shut up. Although that leaves you with nothing, that’s

actually the best thing to be left with. Of course, the problem is you aren’t really left with nothing—you’re left with everything you assume, have heard, or think you know. Because this is unfortunately so much less than nothing, I’ll try to provide a doorway to a better understanding of the matter. Even so, this “door” can only be discovered personally, by connecting the dots through multiple layers of disparate communications. Forgive me in advance for the presumptuousness of the attempt, and try to look beyond the words to grasp what’s really meant.

Many misconceptions and myths have been built up over time and we need to shake these off of the word “enlightenment.” In Chapter One we touched on some of the ideas and beliefs surrounding the word. You know that we’re not talking about a seventeenth century movement, a modern outlook, or being informed of something. Our focus is more akin to a Zen usage, referring to what’s thought of as a “spiritual” awakening of some sort. But even here, people are often misled to believe that becoming enlightened means transforming from an ordinary “caterpillar” of a human into the “butterfly” of a transcendent soul, or some such.

“When considering what enlightenment really is, it’s important to get beyond the word and hearsay, and to realize that this Consciousness is prior to any idea, image, term, or belief.”

http://www.consciouslifestylemag.com/what-is-spiritual-enlightenment-experience/

Reactions: Stargazer

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
"The depth and reality of this mental framework go far beyond my simplistic examples and in ways that are difficult to describe or notice..."

With daily practice of just letting the mind run on the back track, and bringing consciousness to the fore, there are small milestones that can be noticed. One of them is recurrent deja vu - which lets you see into your own fractal nature.

Perhaps the whole point of the article is that awareness is a raised state of consciousness, above the common mental thinking and objectification of sensory inputs. You can be aware, without thinking thoughts. If you can be aware in the moment, at all moments, that is - in the ever present now - without mentally constructing a past and a future, then you yourself are transformed into a vibrating being of higher awareness. The synchronicities just click into place like the puzzle piece you knew you were holding. But those are just road signs. A really noticeable effect of awareness in the "now" moment is mental clarity. Mental fogginess, cloudiness and clogged channels of perception are from over-thinking, or the inability to let things be as they are, and to just observe, but remain detached.

The entire effort of trying to attain enlightenment turns out to be a process of chucking off mental and accumulated baggage. The sore truth is that you transcend the need for books (or Youtube videos, in today's parlance). The mental clarity of knowing you no longer need the mental crutch of books is one of the bigger signposts that you are reaching journey's end.

Perhaps what the article is trying to say (thought I must say in a very convoluted way) is that you are indeed meaningless, but at the same time you are the ultimate bigness without giving form or shape to it.

Reactions: Stargazer and Lila

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)