Something my dad said a decade ago (plus insights) (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Archetypal Dreamer

Involved Wayfarer
Aug 27, 2016
Hi all,

Brace yourselves: a TL;DR is coming :p

I was recently browsing a forum I haven't frequented for about a decade now, left by the wayside largely because I stopped investigating this aspect of my life and thus such forums became largely irrelevant. However, my rekindled interest has been sending me off down all kinds of avenues to revisit and re-examine previous 'data', for lack of a better term.

A lot of said revisiting has brought up (largely via conversations with others who have known me all or most of my life) memories of experiences I have long since locked away and forgotten. Dredging (an apt way of putting it) all of this up, there came a point at which everything seemed to be very dark. I became panicked and felt as though I was losing my grip on reality - there was and perhaps still is something buried deep within me; it is both colossal in its scope and fervent in its attempts to remain in the shadows. At first it felt insidious but very quickly became overpowering. Terrifying, even. Much like how Jung's family witnessed 'paranormal activity' around his house whilst he was investigating his shadow, so too did my own family. Most notably my wife had an unfavourable interaction with a shadowy being. Whilst my wife is open-minded in some regards, this was a bridge too far for her - it left her screaming, confused and extremely unsettled. This exploration has therefore affected not just myself, but also those around me.

I've had chance to reflect, integrate and make peace with certain things, and certainly the more negative activity has calmed - but connecting the dots has proven to be a challenging time to say the very least.

In a sense, I wasn't entirely honest when I first came here. I had been reinvestigating whatever 'this' is since about Summer 2015. When I arrived here after Lorna linked me, I was in a state hope. Having experienced only 'somewhat misguided' (to put it lightly) individuals during my previous explorations, I had become almost completely dissuaded from further investigation. Once again I ceased looking within, convinced intellectually that all of this was nonsense... all the while having my gut screaming at me to push on.

Fortunately, I found what I was looking for within this community. A big 'thank you' to all who have interacted with me thus far. You have given me hope that this phenomenon (plural, if that's the case) also affects sound-of-mind seekers. Phew.

Anyway, preamble done. Here's what I posted on another forum about a decade ago:

Ha ha! Oh, brilliant. So after typing all of the above, I went to said forum only to find that it has closed down for maintenance. Rather than end on a cliff-hanger, I'll highlight as best I can what transpired on the night which my 21 year old self spoke of.

My dad is a very deep individual. Perhaps the deepest I know.

On the surface, he is somewhat grumpy and aloof - not unlike myself. Whereas I am still grumpy and aloof underneath that however, my dad has a rare depth and complexity of, I guess, emotion. He doesn't show it to the world, and in fact has a side to him which is so deeply buried that his own wife doesn't know of it even after 30+ years of marriage. But it goes beyond even that.

Up until very recently, my dad used to enjoy having a few beers at weekend as a way to unwind. Very rarely, his tongue would loosen after consuming a few beverages and he'd speak of experiences that he'd had throughout his life. I only know a small amount of the total - quite clearly he has something buried deep, but I can say with certainty that his experiences at the very least parallel my own and, quite probably, exceed them.

One night after he'd had one too many, he really opened up to me in a way which he hasn't ever since.

I don't recall how the conversation came about, and I'm sure my original post contains more details than this, but in a nutshell we ended up discussing 'the other side'. He told me that he had the ability to see that which was hidden, and advised caution because there was a war raging between "light and dark". But then things got really weird.

He stuck his hands out in front of him and made gestures as though he was manipulating or feeling something in the room which I couldn't see. He laughed and said "Feel that!" I scoffed and declined, thinking he was just being a drunken fool. He insisted that I 'feel' whatever he was, so I half-heartedly stuck my hands out, rolled my eyes and said something long the lines of "There's nothing there. I feel nothing".

My dad smirked, took my right hand and placed it where his was. Suddenly, my entire body fizzed with an energy which made my hairs stand on end. "What the hell is that?!" or similar escaped my mouth in amazement. My dad laughed and released my hand, at which point the sensation ended. I reached for it again but there was nothing to be found.

He then told me that this is the reason why he drinks. He can "Play" with these things at will, but he said that the dark is predominantly attracted to him and so it scares him; with alcohol in his system, he has more courage to engage it. He ended the conversation by saying that I have "this gift" and a "very powerful third eye", but that for some reason I was closed off to it. He said I must re-open myself, because I will be able to sense and experience that which he does.

My dad has had some very dark experiences. Much to my surprise (I found this out only a few months back) he's also well versed in the field of UFOs and ET. I had no idea before he mentioned it. Turns out he was all over that stuff long before I came into the world.

From what little I know, he has seen entities and craft which defy the conventional.

It is a long story cut short. At the time, our chat left me WTF-ing like crazy. I had no way to understand or rationalise what had occurred. My dad hasn't spoken of it since, and broaching the subject just saw him close down.

I in fact had forgotten all about the experience until I recently rediscovered the forum post I wish to quote. When (if) the forum reopens its gates, and if I can still access said post, I will paste it in here.

So:

1) WTF does this mean?
2) WTF was he doing with his 'magic hands'? (:p)
3) Has anybody else had experience with this sort of thing?

Post chat, I concluded that my dad has secretly been a "Psychic powerhouse" all of his life. Perhaps this is why he hides a large part of himself in the shadows. He clearly doesn't like to talk about it. Perhaps, not unlike myself, he feels that talking about it makes him appear mentally unsound. I do know one thing for sure, though - whatever he's had contact with? It has scared the bejesus out of him many times over.

Last edited:

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Hi all,

So:

1) WTF does this mean?
2) WTF was he doing with his 'magic hands'? (:p)
3) Has anybody else had experience with this sort of thing?

Post chat, I concluded that my dad has secretly been a "Psychic powerhouse" all of his life. Perhaps this is why he hides a large part of himself in the shadows. He clearly doesn't like to talk about it. Perhaps, not unlike myself, he feels that talking about it makes him appear mentally unsound. I do know one thing for sure, though - whatever he's had contact with? It has scared the bejesus out of him many times over.
My deepest feeling is that the families into which we are born are not selected by chance. Our grandparents didn't meet by chance, our parents didn't meet by chance, and so on--right down the line. We were born to our parents--in particular, because there were many things we were meant to learn from them. And many times, the reverse is also true...they were meant to learn something from us as well.

My late grandmother (with whom I was very close) was deeply into metaphysics. I felt she was the perfect grandmother, for she was warm, wise, and always radiated peace and unconditional love wherever she went. Unfortunately, she died when I was in my teens, long before I had any significant interest in any of that kind of thing myself. However, I inherited many of her books--and re-discovered them at just the right time, when I started deeply exploring the same concepts on my own several years ago. I also remember that she had hundreds of copies of the 1970's tabloid newspaper, "National Enquirer" around her house. I practically grew up reading them and they had tons of articles on ghosts, UFOs, near-death experiences--topics that delved deeply into the esoteric and supernatural realms. As I look back on my own spiritual journey, I realize that these early exposures were intended to spark my interest and eventually help me establish an even greater appreciation for our relationship one day when the time was right.

My dad was also quite heavily into metaphysics. His interest was quite different from my grandmother's however, for I sense that his desire was mostly sparked by a need to discover things that would help him heal from the unfulfilled relationships he seemed to experience so often in his life. Sadly, he suffered a debilitating stroke just after retiring and has been severely limited since then. I suspect that his poor health experiences may have had a great deal to do with his karmic relationship with my mom. Their extremely "rocky" and, at times, even abusive relationship has changed a great deal since she became his post-stroke caregiver. Although their relationship is still quite far from ideal, I feel they have been able to find more forgiveness and appreciation for each other through this ordeal.

But I digress. My main point here is that we were born to our parents and we have most of our major life experiences for a reason. I learned a very great deal about dysfunction from my parents--and my experiences clearly showed me the kinds of things I did not wish to have in my own life. This allowed me to overcome many of my own dysfunctional patterns and eventually have the kind of life I truly wanted to have--one that is filled with peace, appreciation, love, and joy. In your case, I'd be willing to bet that you've inherited some (if not all) of your father's abilities--whatever those may be. Only you can decide what you wish to do about this (if anything) but it appears you have at least some interest in exploring these.

One of the things that I feel is so important about this time we're experiencing now, is that it's a perfect time for many to discover, explore, understand, and come to terms with their "dark" side, or shadow self. There are lots of supporting energies to help each of us embrace, balance, express, and perhaps even become our truest versions of ourselves. I think this is exactly what your dad meant when he mentioned the battle between "Light and Dark". Only you can decide this for yourself, of course, but it occurs to me that perhaps you may be in the perfect position to move beyond any fears or limitations you both may have about these "gifts". Once you are able to master these within yourself, perhaps you may even be able to assist your dad in finding and discovering his own internal strength.

An important thing to remember is that we've been taught, even programmed, by religions, cultures, and society for thousands of years to fear these very special abilities. Yes, my belief is that the darker side is there to help us learn about the harm that can be done with these so-called "powers", but if we can learn to stand strong in our own choice--through our own free will, then they cannot harm or influence us. In my opinion, it's all about mastering and overcoming that fear.

And I certainly believe you've come to the right place if that is your goal...there are lots of folks with experience here who can help.

Sorry...I hope I didn't run on too long and I hope that helps in some small way!

:)

Last edited:

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Thanks for opening up this thread, AD. It takes courage to talk about something you can't even describe! <3

My own reaction to your story was to take a full stop before diving into your description of what your dad shared with you and center myself, because it felt big and dark. Once I did get centered and sat back down to read your memory of things, it felt full of wonderful potential and exciting! The change was in myself and it made all the difference.

Why I would even have a reaction to your story, before I even read the crux of it, is beyond me (at this time). All I can do is acknowledge what I feel, trust myself and take it from there. I do look forward to exploring it, though :-D ... from a centered place.

Certainly, we each have things we have hidden inside us that we can either address at a time, place and manner of our choosing or we can attempt to hide, ignore or push them away with the inevitable result that they will come back, just not in a way we are likely to have chosen.

Good luck on your journey. May it be a joyful one;)
I look forward to hearing more.

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
We were born to our parents--in particular, because there were many things we were meant to learn from them. And many times, the reverse is also true...they were meant to learn something from us as well.
I agree. I am with my sister in a family where however things are a bit reverse. I did not get anything metaphysical from my parents because they are not, except from the usual Christian churchgoer thing (Roman catholic) but not really deeply religious in any way, let alone spiritual. Only in later years now my father seems to open up to a more broader spirituality.

Yet, I did not get anything spiritual from them. They are 'down-to-earth'. My sister and me are completely different from that. I now believe there's a reason. And some visions and dreams even confirmed that:

My parents were meant to be more "earthbound" because the knew (from before, pre-birth life planning!) that they would harbour two star children as part of their mission. That is why it was needed that they are more 'mundane' - because my sis and me we are so 'not-down-to-earth" (almost literally speaking). Hence as amore-earthling-like pair of parents they have a caring as well as a grounding (!) effect on us, they also provide the necessary shelter and make preps for us until we come here (for our respective missions - whatever they might have been or be). Maybe me and my sister could not exist in this strange, harsh world anymore with all their loving support and help and work they did for us (raising, house-building, financial support, love, etc.) over the many years - and event til today!

My sister is a starseed too, she's almost exactly 3 years older than me, so we're the same zodiac. My sister told me a few years ago when we had one of our rare talks that she was on a star ship 4-5 times which really surprised me back then. She also saw a lot of UFOs in the sky showing themselves to her. A medium told her too that she has a (literally) 'galactic family' watching over her. It might be the same as mine - at least some dreams told me so.

Neither of these star ship visit things happened to me so far (at least regarding memories, who knows what QHHT would bring to light - if I was hypnotisable, but that's another story ...). The only exception: an astral projection to some 'greys' but honestly without any further insights or revelations for me.

When she was a child she always stared into the sky and she told me that our mother said to her: "one day they will come down and get you if you stare long enough"... ironically, if only shew knew how very right she might have been.

:p:-))

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
AD, you spoke of your Dad in the present tense, so I'm guessing he's alive and well? Do you realise this could be his time? Potentially, he could be like some of the more exotic cactus or aloe vera which have the crusty exterior but the rich, cooling, healing, juicy interior, and put out a stunning flower display only after a very long period. You explain he is psychically aware, but he has tried to shut that down. Psychic awareness is now ramping up for everybody - the energy packets we are receiving on a faster and faster incoming spiral delivery through stargate portals, equinoxes, eclipses and astrologically aligned times are opening us up from our former closed seed pods into vulnerable, outcurling tendrils reaching towards..... what can only be described as a starburst of incalculable dimension.

OP
Archetypal Dreamer

Archetypal Dreamer

Involved Wayfarer
Aug 27, 2016
Yes, my dad is still very much with us fortunately. I plan to broach the subject with him soon, because I have a great many more questions now than I did back then.

Thanks to all for sharing your own insights within this thread. I regret that I couldn't reply sooner. Time is limited, always. I tend to knock out a couple of posts and subsequently disappear for days on end because life is so busy right now. Please know however that I am always reading and enjoying what you share irrespective of my apparent lack of activity on the forum.

Reactions: Lila and Stargazer

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
AD, your dad was from a generation where most people would think he was crazy if he told people about his experiences and it's still like for the most part but it's changing now as more wake up. It seems like a lot of people are beginning to tell their story now. I hope he can tell his story and find some peace. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

AmandaPanda17

Involved Wayfarer
Nov 13, 2017
Oklahoma
755878.jpg

Ok i know this post is old but I just came across it and I am floored. I relate... except it's stronger and more visual then the normal sensing when I drink but sometimes I'll have a few alone (which is bad I know, shouldn't drink alone) just to get a better feel and to see what's around me. It's not really a sense of the other side per say but like I see the cloud cities if anyone has heard of those? Um I'll try to find pictures and link them but yea it' different I know but not bad. I can relate though, hope I worded this right. If not i understand, I don't tell my friends or family this cuz they won' t understand but it was so wonderful to read that someone has similar experiences.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Laron and Stargazer

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
View attachment 3995 Ok i know this post is old but I just came across it and I am floored. I relate... except it's stronger and more visual then the normal sensing when I drink but sometimes I'll have a few alone (which is bad I know, shouldn't drink alone) just to get a better feel and to see what's around me. It's not really a sense of the other side per say but like I see the cloud cities if anyone has heard of those? Um I'll try to find pictures and link them but yea it' different I know but not bad. I can relate though, hope I worded this right. If not i understand, I don't tell my friends or family this cuz they won' t understand but it was so wonderful to read that someone has similar experiences.
You may like to read about this QHHT session titled "Cloud Cities and the Energetic Punctures of War" here: https://www.transients.info/2016/11/cloud-cities-energetic-punctures-war/

Last edited by a moderator:

AmandaPanda17

Involved Wayfarer
Nov 13, 2017
Oklahoma
You may like to read about this QHHT session titled "Cloud Cities and the Energetic Punctures of War" here: www.transients.info/2016/11/cloud-cities-punctures-war
Wow thats interesting thanks for showing me that. It's nice I can come on here and not feel judged or deemed insane by anyone, not one! Yet I just get so tired of the response when I begin to somewhat slightly open up and tell my family or friends these kinds of things, which I feel are important and life changing. I would truly love a complete opposite reaction from what I usually receive sometimes lol. Just one time would make me feel heard. But instead I can hear their judgemental thoughts contemplate calling the local nut house. Thanks for suggesting that article and hearing me. I truly appreciate it.

Last edited:

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
...just get so tired of the response when I begin to somewhat slightly open up and tell my family or friends these kinds of things, which I feel are important and life changing. I would truly love a complete opposite reaction from what I usually receive sometimes lol.
I think we can all relate! I've found that a good sense of humor and some "detachment" helps when you're trying to open others up to what must be some very strange ideas. For example, when I wanted to share some thoughts about things like this with family or friends, I'd often ask a simple question like, "say, what do you guys think about ____?" Or I'd make a statement like, "Wow...this is interesting. What do you think about _____?" Then we'd have a thought-provoking conversation about whatever the topic was. Of course, I'd already have quite a bit of information on the topic, so I'd share some info...then I'd let them decide how they felt. On some things, it helps to not be too invested in an opinion and use some detachment. For example, I might say something like, "I'm not saying this is really true, but is it POSSIBLE?"

I've used this process to bring up all kinds of off-the-wall topics: Life after death, Astral Travel, reincarnation, The Mandela Effect, Deep State conspiracy theories, false flags, extra-terrestrial life, etc.

It's quite interesting to see, but after awhile, the discussions usually prompted them into doing more research on their own--and lo and behold, quite a few times, they'd actually change their opinions. The things that initially seemed outlandish to them actually started to make sense...and in many cases, they actually started agreeing with me!

Now that you mention it, after my associates and I had a conversation about extraterrestrial life and the possibility of alternate universes/realities, one of them sent me an email about these "cloud cities" and asked what I thought about them. I feel I was able to help him expand his own thinking just by sharing a few theories of "multi-dimensionality". After a bit of discussion, he actually agreed that this might be a possible consideration. I'm pretty sure that, without our previous discussions, he would never have considered this--or even thought it was important enough to talk about!

So stick with it. You'll be surprised how you might be able to inspire others to "do their own work/research" and how positively you may affect them.

AmandaPanda17

Involved Wayfarer
Nov 13, 2017
Oklahoma
Well I don't get a chance in my family to have any hypothetical or theoretical adult conversations, or even a chance to at least be willing to hear me out on anything without grabbing the bible and slapping me across the face while yelling "blasphemy!" Even a simple ufo or alien talk and my mom claims their demons! I got right back in her face and asked her "how would u feel if they thought the same about us? Just because they look different then us?" we are all different and unique human or alien. But that behavior was out of pure fear on her part, and she couldn' t argue back. I told her " Look at us mom were still barbaric and humans are horrible ignorant and anything new and different we find we attempt to eat it! No wondered they're are so secretive and sneeky. I bet half of them fly right past thinking they probably don't want to be on the menu while being labeled a demon by a bible slapping crazy women" lol I gave up on reasoning with my family, that's why I'm open to anything and everything that way when truth emergerges I won' be too surprised, smile and realize I learned from my parents mistakes lol

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
That’s a tough crowd, for sure.

Sometimes the best we can do is just live our lives in the best way possible (for us). Some may be inspired by that and consciously learn something from us, others may not.

At the end of the day, I think we’re all sparks of Divinity learning about and experiencing one another just as we were intended to, so it’s all good...

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Well I don't get a chance in my family to have any hypothetical or theoretical adult conversations, or even a chance to at least be willing to hear me out on anything without grabbing the bible and slapping me across the face while yelling "blasphemy!" Even a simple ufo or alien talk and my mom claims their demons! I got right back in her face and asked her "how would u feel if they thought the same about us? Just because they look different then us?" we are all different and unique human or alien. But that behavior was out of pure fear on her part, and she couldn' t argue back. I told her " Look at us mom were still barbaric and humans are horrible ignorant and anything new and different we find we attempt to eat it! No wondered they're are so secretive and sneeky. I bet half of them fly right past thinking they probably don't want to be on the menu while being labeled a demon by a bible slapping crazy women" lol I gave up on reasoning with my family, that's why I'm open to anything and everything that way when truth emergerges I won' be too surprised, smile and realize I learned from my parents mistakes lol
It's tough to be the one who sees things differently:)|

Things do have a tendency to 'come around', even when things seem 'impossible'.
What you can do is hold onto what is true for you however you can and enjoy all that is available to you to enjoy. For me that tends to be getting outdoors as nature doesn't judge like humans do. It just is.

These things have a tendency to get easier eventually and it seems to me that it is generally getting easier for this to happen. It feels kind of like being at the bottom of the wheel of fortune and things can only go up.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
AmandaPanda17, I think that Lila and SG have included some helpful and wise words. What comes to me is that it takes courage to voice your personal thoughts and understandings, and I commend you on doing this, and keeping on with doing this, as it's extra hard to do this with close family and friends.

Sadly, but realistically, we have to let some people go in our lives as we grow—they will hold us back—but when it comes to family, that's not usually an option or choice, as our connections are by blood and soul groups. It's important we each become the leader of our journey.

Invictus
By William Ernest Henley

Out of the night that covers me,
black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
for my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
my head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
looms but the Horror of the shade,
and yet the menace of the years
finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
how charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

but like I see the cloud cities if anyone has heard of those?
You may like to read about this QHHT session titled "Cloud Cities and the Energetic Punctures of War" here: https://www.transients.info/2016/11/cloud-cities-energetic-punctures-war/
The link Lila posted is a dead link, I just edited it with the correct one. This is with Admin/Global & Board Moderator Linda from the forum here.

https://www.transients.info/2016/11/cloud-cities-energetic-punctures-war/

Summary of the session:
  • A glimpse of a life in the early 1900’s, beginning at a beach — Aphrodite’s birthplace in Cyprus. Surprising detail shows Linda this was a past incarnation. Later in that life she’s living near a vineyard, taking in the homeless as WW2 rages on in Europe; here she experiences much trauma, which creates physical and energetic punctures in the lives of many.
  • Cloud Cities: What holds you down on Earth no longer applies; they exist to give people a chance; people cultivate the land, working without stress or hardship; earth friendly architecture; crystal quartz spires — organic energy — that complete a circuit between source and those within cloud cities; how people can learn and do the things they always wanted to, but couldn’t because of their life circumstances on earth.
  • Linda is presented with an important choice and ends up being reunited with her ‘brothers & sisters’ in the stars, which brings much comfort. Their origin is explained.
  • Higher self answers: Why her life in connection to WW2 was shown, including more information on energetic punctures and how to heal them; healing is provided for punctures that Linda has; putting herself first to be able to help others more effectively; the reason why cloud cities are important to be aware of now and a lot more detail as to why they are here (A lot of fascinating deep info); more info around what the crystal towers are in the cloud cities, including what created them.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Ooh, love that poem. Brought me to tears.
Not sure I am that brave but know that I try.
Great reminder<3

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Your post of the William Henry Ernest poem reminded me of one of mine:

WE ARE NOT ALONE

Out of the midnight sky
Which is blacker than
A black jewel of high quality,
Comes a piercing, piercing cry
Caught in its sonority,
A needle-piercing cry.

Out of thin nowhere,
Not described or known
Except by the wind blown
With an uncanny force,
Out of a pitiless depth
Comes a sound of high remorse.
Imagine the black of emptiness,
Think of nothing
But this vacant black,
Somehow swarming, stretching,
Covering your thoughts,
Nullifying, emptying, dead
Black, back to the black

And you will hear, constantly,
The thin-voiced scream,
The urgency, the power
Of its tiny stream
Scratching a line of light
Through your dream.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)