Promoted Sky-Pod - A Tree Tent (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
When I was a child, we had a tree house in the big pecan tree in the backyard. We could hang out for hours - watching birds and animals from our perch, make up explorer games, and read. We were quite capable of entertaining ourselves. Since those days, I've not lived where there was a tree that would lend itself to a human hangout.

Sky-Pod (not our Pod flying) is a fairly simple design that hangs from a single tree branch. Extras include camo cloth, mosquito netting, and a rain fly. This looks like fun. It would be interesting to spend days and nights just watching the comings and goings of all the birds and animals. It is a bit pricey at over a $1,000 USD.

Whilst Sky-Pod may be seen predominantly as a product for sleeping in, it is also a fantastic space to spend time just relaxing during the day. I have spent many long days with the team in the local forests testing our prototypes and to take a break I would sit or lie in the Sky-Pod and chill out for a while.

The peace and tranquillity, the sights, sounds and smells experienced were just wonderful and I always found I was reluctant to get back out to continue with my work. When I left the forest and returned to the hectic life outside I would always be straining at the leash to return and just "be" in the forest. Unbeknown to me, it seems that along with the benefits I was conscious of whilst Sky-Podding there were other therapeutic processes taking place.

During this R&D period another member of the team came across Forest Bathing (or Shinrin-Yoku) through research they were doing. This in turn led to further investigation revealing the science behind the amazing experiences I was getting from our days in the forest. What I had been doing was in fact Forest Bathing, or perhaps more accurately Forest Floating.

https://sky-pod.co.uk/blogs/news

Reactions: Lila and June

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)