Shining cloud with rainbow beam (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Samara

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Passau, Germany
I ran across this two days ago on the way to pick up my daughter from her friend... just had to stop on the side of the road and take a picture... pity I didnt have my better camera with me, this just looked too lovely, shining cloud with a rainbow beneath... I sensed so much energy in that cloud I just couldnt stop looking at it :D
Like a starship with a beam to fly up to it :D (well who knows, maybe there was a starship inside that cloud...)

Krena

Embracing Mystery, Mostly
Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
Looks like the rainbow is emerging from a vortex!

Laron, when I clicked on Samara's photo to see the entire photo, the comments covered the full image. Did that happen with you? Anyone else? Is it a glitch? We all would want to see the intended composition.

Brian

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 28, 2016
California
I ran across this two days ago on the way to pick up my daughter from her friend... just had to stop on the side of the road and take a picture... pity I didnt have my better camera with me, this just looked too lovely, shining cloud with a rainbow beneath... I sensed so much energy in that cloud I just couldnt stop looking at it :D
Like a starship with a beam to fly up to it :D (well who knows, maybe there was a starship inside that cloud...)

I like this kind of lightning better:
Rainbow Lightning!

Looks like the rainbow is emerging from a vortex!

Laron, when I clicked on Samara's photo to see the entire photo, the comments covered the full image. Did that happen with you? Anyone else? Is it a glitch? We all would want to see the intended composition.
Picture's not glitched out for me.

Reactions: Stargazer

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Laron, when I clicked on Samara's photo to see the entire photo, the comments covered the full image. Did that happen with you? Anyone else? Is it a glitch? .
When I click it, it gets bigger and expands the size of the forum but it looks normal, nothing covers it up. What Internet browser are you using?

What normally happens here is that the image should bring up a pop up window, a black bordered transparent thing... not sure why that didn't happen.

Reactions: Brian

Krena

Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
I am on Safari on my laptop (Mac) where this happened. On my iPhone and on my iPad, it is fine. Just checked it again, and the glitch went away on my laptop! My computer has been a little touchy today.

I tested more: Okay, so, when I enter the Roundtable site through my bookmark through Safari, it glitches (the comments cover the full frame), but not when I link from your email.

Brian, thanks for your swift reply. Laron, too.

Reactions: Stargazer and Brian

Krena

Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
With further test repetitions, it is a creepy, on-occasion thing, meaning it is a glitch for me that sometimes occurs and sometimes does not. My computer probably wants to go to sleep, too. Earlier, my machine would not turn off.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Ok so I worked out why that black border thing likely didn't come up. It's because the image was not uploaded, just linked to. So that is just how the forum displays the images based on those two factors!

Good it didn't happen again Krena!

I am going to have to keep an eye on performance, as the hosting package I have has the lowest amount of server available which is really the only major constraint that I could tell. (no limit on the amount of processor threads). So I will be looking for glitches and things as more people come on-board to the Rountable.

Check the URL you have set for the bookmark. But technically speaking, I can't explain why there would be a difference. Also, if you feel like it, change the style I have set to the other style and see if it glitches. It may relate just to the style which is not a default Xenforo style. (the style can be changed bottom left of page.

Krena

Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
I see the controls. I plan to try both out along with a more systematic test, where I will try to post .jpegs and .tiffs at different resolutions to see what looks best.

Reactions: Laron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)