Share your homemade meals! c[_] (2 Viewers)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Feel free to share photos of your latest food creations from home. The aim of this thread is to visually show our creations. This is really about the look of how we present our recipe, rather than how to make it. But it's also about being clever and creative with how we take the photo of our meal.

You can share whatever you want, as this is about the presentation of what you think looks good. I think it's important not to judge if you are a meat eater, or not. Personally, when I smell most meat cooking, I have a natural reaction where I start to feel sick, and I very much dislike certain smells of meat now, because of how long I have been a full vegetarian, but when I see a photo of a meal that contains meat, I am fine with that and respect everyone's choices.

Some people do have to eat meat, otherwise their health is impacted—we are all different and unique and sometimes it's really good for us to come together and accept each other, no matter what diet we may have.

If you would like the recipe of what a person shares, feel free to ask for it on this thread.

Over on the board, Health, Somatics & Psychological Well-being, Linda has a thread up about sharing healthy recipes which is a bit different, as this is more about the look, in a creative sense.

Here is home made Gado-gado on wild rice, from a few nights ago — it was very tasty! (Gado-gado, also known as lotek, is an Indonesian salad of slightly boiled, blanched or steamed vegetables and hard-boiled eggs, fried tofu and tempeh, and lontong, served with a peanut sauce dressing)

14956609_10157692550415057_2520383570892361503_n.jpg

Also from a night or two ago, here are a few vegetable dumplings with my favorite dipping sauce (white vinegar, chili and white sugar) with some fried mushrooms and potatoes on the side.

14956376_10157697166535057_3173890158313973391_n.jpg

Last edited:

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
It all looks so good - I love pot pies and shepherds' pies - comfort food for the winter.

I discovered an organic frozen ravioli in scrumptious flavors like butternut squash and mushroom and pine nuts. I make up a sauce of whatever is on hand and viola - dinner. I was going to send a picture last night, but when I got back into the kitchen, half of it was gone. lol

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
It all looks so good - I love pot pies and shepherds' pies - comfort food for the winter.

I discovered an organic frozen ravioli in scrumptious flavors like butternut squash and mushroom and pine nuts. I make up a sauce of whatever is on hand and viola - dinner. I was going to send a picture last night, but when I got back into the kitchen, half of it was gone. lol
Oh, my...cottage pie (usually steak or ground beef) is one of my FAVORITES! We used to have a British Pub/Restaurant within walking distance of our house many years ago (long gone now, unfortunately). It was run by a British couple and had the air of a country pub the moment you stepped through the doors. We'd always walk down for a cottage pie with "mushy" peas and a pint or two of Guiness. That always made for a delightful afternoon...especially on a drizzly day. It was like being instantly transported thousands of miles to the English countryside!

I miss that place soooooo much.

:(

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Hey All,

Can you also include your recipe too please? I'd love to make these delicious looking foods at home.

Reactions: Laron and Stargazer

Out of Time

Roaming Contributor
Sep 5, 2016
I was reluctant to look into this topic because I was afraid to see chicken legs or... other meat. Laron , I should have guessed you were vegetarian when you made that comment about "eating red meat". What you shared looks like culinary masterpieces :)

I don't want to say anything bad to those who eat meat. We have friends who are absolutely amazing and eating meat.

Reactions: Stargazer and Laron
OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Can you also include your recipe too please? I'd love to make these delicious looking foods at home.
Great idea Anaeika. I know some people may not have the time to write out their recipe though, so that was why I didn't include that in my original post.

I was reluctant to look into this topic because I was afraid to see chicken legs or... other meat.
I was reluctant to start the thread for the same reason, but then I think this provides a good opportunity to share without judgement, whether we consume flesh or not.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
I was reluctant to look into this topic because I was afraid to see chicken legs or... other meat. Laron , I should have guessed you were vegetarian when you made that comment about "eating red meat". What you shared looks like culinary masterpieces :)

I don't want to say anything bad to those who eat meat. We have friends who are absolutely amazing and eating meat.
Out of respect, I'll only post my vegetarian meals.

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Reactions: Krena and Stargazer

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
Joe's Chicken Cacciatore. Made with diced tinned tomatoes, chicken legs, S&P, lots of crushed garlic and ginger and finally home grown herbs (oregano, basil, thyme,sage and rosemary. Toss in a few spuds and onions. Bake for about an hour and change @350°
Voila dinner in a pot.
IMG_20160826_185545644.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Here is a quick lunch I put together the other day. Dried mango. Wasabi peas. Sweet cherry tomatoes. Raw cashews. Green apple. Roasted curry flavored chick peas (I think?).

lunch.jpg

Can you also include your recipe too please
I forgot to get back to you with mine. I will make a reminder to return and bring it with me. :)s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)