Share your favorite mantras (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I got this idea from the post by Rogue Watcher and the reply from Pod. Are there mantras that you've found helpful and useful in your life? If so, how about sharing them here?

This mantra has been part of my life for 30+ years and has helped calm me on many occasions. I also use it at the beginning of meditations to quiet and center my "bullet train" mind.

The Love of the Universe flows through me, expressing itself in every moment of my life.
The Love of the Universe flows through me, and all is well.

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
It has served me well. For a brief time, I worked for a man who liked to make women cry. Being me, I refused to participate in his drama. One time he was being especially abusive, and I kept this mantra running in my head. It worked. As I was a single mom, I just could not quit, but was able to survive until I got another job.

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
You should have entitled this thread "Mantra Madness" because I suspect we all have oodles of them. Here is one for the shower or bath:

"I cleanse myself of all selfishness,
resentment,
critical feelings for my fellow Beings,
self condemnation and
misinterpretation of my life experiences"

K

KarlaSM

"My weakness is my biggest strength."

Lol I even like the one used by the army: "Pain is just fear leaving my body".

I guess the tone of those two does not apparently reflect the explicit higher love in the ones you guys share, but if you think about these two, there is a lot of truth in them that can give rise to love.

Then I just love the a quote that I took from the series The Last Airbender which goes:

"A true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost.
A true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed.
Since beginning-less time darkness thrives in the void, but always yields to purifying light."

I do not use them necessarily as mantras, but more like reminders, because sometimes it might be hard to fully see or feel the desired effect of a mantra if subconsciously there are painful blocks that prevent us from experiencing such effect. Our subconscious can have the opposite programs that cancel out the mantras, but once the blocks are removed it is easier to really feel the effect of the mantras. :)

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
I'm not sure if it really counts as a "mantra", but I frequently make use of "I Am" affirmations and find them helpful for correcting or shifting myself into a more positive frame of mind.

For example, every time I find myself harboring a negative thought about my health, I declare:

I Am Life.
I Am health.
I Am youth.
I Am gratitude.
And so it is.
Thank you, Spirit!

Then I thank the negative thoughts and release them from service.

:)

I use a similar process when I need to find calm, inner peace, and release judgements of other selves.

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
I'm with you Stargazer. I don't have a "mantra" per say but to calm down and try to have peace of mind I read the poem "Desiderata." A copy below if you have not seen it before:

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment, it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be.

And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann, "Desiderata"

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
I don't have a favorite, because my mantras change with whatever situation I'm in.
I kind of have them come to me, yet, i can't really remember them.

At one job i was at, the environment was terribly toxic, and i wrote out mantra lines and taped them to the wall in front of me. They helped so much, and I'd constantly update them as my mind shifted away from the toxicity.

They always have to be short for me though. Like, "i am safe". Maybe one line more than that, but if the words i choose have the succinctness I'm looking for (which usually comes to me in those moments, as i ask for them), i don't need much more than that.

Gosh, i love mantras. I think they are a wonderful tool to use to shift your mind paradigm. It's so easy for me to repeat it then just have it go on echoing without me realizing it. Mantras are probably one of the more influential things I've used to get my mind where it needs to be.
And they totally jump start my meditation if I'm having issues focusing or getting into the zone.

<3 <3 what a fun post. :-D

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Carl, your post reminded me of a Christmas gift from my parents, when I was a little girl - a framed copy of that poem. Looking back, I can see that they had an inkling of who their little girl was. (My brother got "As a Man Thinketh".) Wow, I have not thought about that in a long, long time. Thanks. As I look at it now, I can see how the ideas became part of my life, especially "you are a child of the universe".

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Mine is a poem from one of the greatest Sufi masters ever, Jalaluddin Rumi.

Come, come, whoever you are,
wanderer, worshipper, lover of learning,
It does not matter.
Ours is not a caravan of despair.
Come,
even if you have broken your vow
a thousand times.
Come, come, yet again come.​

Having been a disciple (sannyasin) of a master, having sat at his feet, I learned that his vibration, whether that be words, music, laughter or his silence, can enter you deeply like a shaft into your loving and open consciousness. Because that is what a disciple is: one who surrenders to the greater knowing, the greater being vibrating in consciousness before you. In a world of raised awareness, when such a being comes into your circle of life, there is great celebration because it is such a potent moment.

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
(My brother got "As a Man Thinketh".)
Great book by James Allen. I hope he read it and absorb it into his life. You had wise parents Linda.

Btw, Allen has another book, from Poverty to Power, actually it is two books in one that contain: "The Path to Prosperity" and "The Way of Peace."

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
Having been a disciple (sannyasin) of a master, having sat at his feet, I learned that his vibration, whether that be words, music, laughter or his silence, can enter you deeply like a shaft into your loving and open consciousness. Because that is what a disciple is: one who surrenders to the greater knowing, the greater being vibrating in consciousness before you. In a world of raised awareness, when such a being comes into your circle of life, there is great celebration because it is such a potent moment.
Yes HSM, having been at the feet of a master is a very potent moment. To me it was a great learning experience by not only listening to him and taking on his vibrations, but it was more enlightening observing the effects of such soul/personality in his disciples. There was a verification too of an old saying: "The oak does not smell like a rose!"

Cingiggles

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 24, 2017
There are about three things I say, depending on what is going on in the moment.

I AM Happy
I AM Healthy
I AM Love
-
We are all One
When one is harmed, all are harmed.
When one is helped, all are helped
So therefore in the name of who I AM and I Am one with All that there is, I ask for only the highest and greatest good of all concerned be done. I give thanks that this is done.
-
Just for today, I will not worry
Just for today, I will not be angry
Just for today, I will honor life
Just for today, I will do my work honestly
Just for today, I will be kind to every living thing
Just for today, I will be grateful and give thanks for my many blessings.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I actually call what Linda labels as a mantra, an affirmation. Maybe the Mandela affect is at play here though, but I see them as totally separate things.

Mantras to me are a short series of words (focused on the syllables) said out loud to stimulate the chakras for the purpose of projecting out of body, targeting and developing certain psychic faculties and meditation in general — sometimes they are lengthy if using ancient mantras. In this regard, the best mantras to use are those that don't have meaning to you, as meaning can have distraction for the mind while focusing on producing the sound and hence energy stimulation. If the words have meaning, then you need to consider the thought forms behind the use of them, as saying something over and over is a powerful method for manifestation.

I've been teaching people about mantras and affirmations for about eight years now, in relation to spiritual development through mentoring and guidance.

Here are some of my personal affirmations.

"I do not think about the future or the past as I am fully aware and conscious in this moment."

"All karmic connections are now severed and let go. The present is clear. I am free to manifest what I need and desire."

"I am a confident and powerful being, here in this moment with no thoughts."

Here are a couple of my astral projection affirmations: (I would say these about 20 times before / during astral projection exercises)

"Now I am out of body my physical body."

"I always remember all of my out of body experiences."

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
A mantra I always say out loud when I see a truck taking sheep or cattle to market is "Om Namah Shivayah". I sing this out loud a few times while the truck is passing (and try to focus in on the animals who are going off to become meat), and then finish with 3 lengthy Om's. I guess I first heard this in Wellington, New Zealand in 1984 when I used to attend a Hindu chanting night (basically singing, with accompaniment on the tabla and harmonium). I was vegetarian at the time, and it seemed appropriate to voice my intent of a spiritual end and rebirth for these animals. I realise that it is saying Om is the Name of Shiva, and that may be playing into the hands of the pantheon of Hindu gods (and their related ET personalities) but I think the intent of my mantra is self-evident and will reach the ether. I guess I have been doing this practice for 34 years now.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Wikipedia has come to my rescue about the translation of the mantra:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Om_Namah_Shivaya

Namah Shivaya means "adoration (namas) to Lord Shiva", preceded by the devotional syllable "Om". The syllable "Ya" at the end of the mantra denotes an offering. Thus the mantra Om Namah Shivaya actually means "I offer to Shiva a respectful invocation of His Name", and not merely "I respectfully invoke His Name".

In Siddha Shaivism and Shaiva Siddhanta Shaivism tradition Nama Sivaya is considered as Pancha Bodha Tatva of Lord Shiva and his universal oneness of five elements:

• "Na" sound represents earth
  • "Ma" sound represents water
  • "Śi" sound represents fire
  • "Vā" sound represents Pranic air
  • "Ya" sound represents sky or ether
Its total meaning is that "universal consciousness is one" .

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Om+Namah+Shivaya&view=detail&mid=9412C8C0B5DD4C999A189412C8C0B5DD4C999A18&FORM=VIRE

I have a CD in my car that lasts about as long as this - have to be careful not to go into trance while driving! The kaleidoscope of meditators to Shiva in this link is amazing, but a few too many cobra necklaces for my liking - it's all symbology I am sure. Much as all the gold and treasure around their necks - the gold of meditation, I think.

Last edited:

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
While attending a Gnostic center in Sydney for a few years, I picked up a mantra during one of our mantra courses/classes, that I sometimes find myself saying out loud. It has a rhythm to it, so so it's said like a song, not like a typical mantra where you prolong the syllables

Hari ram hari ram
Ram hari hari
Hari cristo
Hari cristo cristo cristo
Hari hari

As to its origins, one could say it's just a form of the Hare Krishna (mantra) mantra (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hare_Krishna_(mantra)) which has its origins in Sanskrite, and in history it came from the 15th century within the Bhakti movement, following the teachings of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. However, I'm pretty sure the spelling was similar to how I wrote it, and Krishna was not mentioned in what we were taught to say or even pronounce it at the Gnostic center. So it makes me wonder if it came from even earlier on in history, from something which the Chaitanya Mahaprabhu built upon.

This mantra, and others we learnt (that was the only song type mantra though) were for the purpose of stimulating and temporarily activating individual chakra centers to help with conscious astral projection, but also a few other things like activating targeted psychic abilities and also for dream recall. I can attest that these worked very well and I had a number of successes when using them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)