Seeing with fresh eyes (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
For a bit now, I'll catch myself looking at the earth as if i was not from here. Suddenly I'll see the horizon, the sky and clouds, the trees, and see it with fresh eyes. As if i just landed here.
The atmosphere so magical that it can create a sunset. The wind blowing just so because of the fronts pushing all through the world. Mountains, trees, it is just all so fresh.

It's a wonderful thing to do when i feel overwhelmed.

My son and i are in the process of planting seeds for the season. Last year was my first try ever at it.
I had never really experienced it when i was young, so much so that i felt with a silly skepticism that plants didn't actually come from seeds. (Obviously, i knew they did, i just hadn't seen it with my own eyes and hands. ) I had a bit of a black thumb and most of the plants in my keep died from (usually) over watering.

Seeing spring flowers come up now gives me such a breath of light. And the seeds my son and i planted so far are pushing up through. It is one of my greatest wonders to behold.

20170326_103110.jpg

I thought it might be fun if we could mention some other wonders that just take our breath away on this beautiful earth. Put us in your place. What have you beheld?

Last edited:

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
2016-11-12 12.52.15.jpg

This beautiful white female koi has two bands of silver scales running down her back (hard to see in photo) and the smaller black male is her counterpart (yin/yang). It is a joy to sit silently with these two fish while they meander their domain. No small fry yet as in her first season, the male was new to his job and hadn't figured out how to make his contribution.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Maybe those are some newly-integrated aspects of self that are so in awe of our world, Angela!

;)

I seem to take far more photos in spring than any other time of year. It must be the clouds and flowers that I love so much!

Here are a few pics I took the other day (and for those counting, there are thirteen baby ducks in that brood!):

Attachments

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Maybe those are some newly-integrated aspects of self that are so in awe of our world, Angela!

;)

I seem to take far more photos in spring than any other time of year. It must be the clouds and flowers that I love so much!

Here are a few pics I took the other day (and for those counting, there are thirteen baby ducks in that brood!):
Stargazer , spring is also my favorite time of the year. I am overjoyed seeing tiny flower buds forming this morning. Each spring, my spirit feels renewed by all the beautiful colors, smells, & new life.

Reactions: Stargazer and Lila

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Angela , I love that you are gardening and shared your experience. I also nominate you.

You are teaching your son so much about life and are a good mommy.

Speaking of seeing the world with new eyes, this morning my son said, “Mommy, I love this world!” It took me by surprise during our morning walk. We then found different things we loved, such as a newly budding floral tree. My kids are my greatest spiritual teachers.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Angela , I love that you are gardening and shared your experience. I also nominate you.

You are teaching your son so much about life and are a good mommy.

Speaking of seeing the world with new eyes, this morning my son said, “Mommy, I love this world!” It took me by surprise during our morning walk. We then found different things we loved, such as a newly budding floral tree. My kids are my greatest spiritual teachers.
Those that know their kids are their own spiritual teachers are already well on their way on the path of enlightenment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)