Promoted Ruins dating 14,000 years ago found in Canada (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
The oral history of the First Nations in British Columbia (west coast of Canada) got some physical proof. A group of archeologists working on Triquet Island found evidence of continuous occupation dating back 14,000 years. There was evidence of two tsunamis, yet the people continued to return. An important aspect of this discovery is that it supports the theory that people arrived on the North American continent by boat and not only along the Siberian land bridge.

A 14,000-year-old village site on Triquet Island that did not freeze over during the last Ice Age was home to Heiltsuk First Nations and reaffirms their oral history of a place their ancestors travelled to for survival. UVic PhD candidate Alisha Gauvreau (anthropology) was part of the team of archaeologists from UVic, the Hakai Institute and local First Nations to unearth the ancient village site.
https://www.uvic.ca/home/about/campus-news/2017+heiltsuk-alishagauvreau-ancient-village+ring

The discovery lends support to the oral history of the Heiltsuk Nation, which has long said its peoples have inhabited the area for generations.

“To know that that history has survived thousands of years of transmission through different generations to the present day, and to have that reaffirmed by archeological information, is very powerful,” said William Housty, a member of the board of directors for the Heiltsuk Integrated Resource Management Department.

According to Heiltsuk Nation oral tradition, the island remained ice-free during the last ice age, when much of North America was covered by glaciers.

“It was one of the very few places on our territory where the ice didn’t reach and because of that, that was where our people flocked for survival,” Housty said.

The archeological findings support that, and also show that sea levels have been relatively stable in that area, which is why the island was not submerged like other ancient villages.

Housty said the discovery shows “how the history that we’ve been talking about for thousands of years is true, it’s not just something that has been made up.”

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/village-site-on-triquet-island-proves-to-be-ancient-history-1.15548137

Personally, I give great credence to the stories handed down through generations of the First Nation peoples. The ones that most interest me are those describing contact with "star people".

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
Just more proof that their(native) oral histories are true. Much like the Hopi stories.... Nice to find some confirmation from archeology.

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Personally, I give great credence to the stories handed down through generations of the First Nation peoples. The ones that most interest me are those describing contact with "star people".
D. Cannon's book Star Crash describes such a contact with the native people. (I think in the end it becomes clear that was even somewhere in Canada. They were a sole tribe who lived with no contact to many other tribes. Maybe it was really in the very early beginnings of the settelements there.).

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
D. Cannon's book Star Crash describes such a contact with the native people. (I think in the end it becomes clear that was even somewhere in Canada. They were a sole tribe who lived with no contact to many other tribes. Maybe it was really in the very early beginnings of the settlements there.).
The Hopi have that in their legends as well. If I'm not mistaken the Inca also talk of it. I gotta wonder if it's much more widespread then legend/ history notes. Sometimes I wonder if a non intervention policy followed these meetings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)