Reiki being used in hospitals (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Mike

Healer & Empath
Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2016
Southern, California
www.facebook.com
Reiki in the Clinical Setting is On The Rise
Reiki is increasingly finding its way into institutional settings, from hospitals to hospices, and the push appears to be coming from patients as well as clinical practitioners.

“More and more, patients are requesting care beyond what most consider to be traditional health services, and hospitals are responding to the needs of the communities they serve by offering these therapies,” according to researcher Sita Ananth of Health Forum, an affiliate of the American Hospital Association (AHA). “And hospitals are responding to the needs of the communities they serve by offering these therapies.”

Reiki is now one of the top three complementary in-patient therapies in U.S. hospitals, according to an AHA survey. Massage therapy takes first place, with 37% of hospital patients requesting it. Number two is music and art therapy at 25%, and a very close third is “healing touch therapies” at 25%, which included Reiki and Therapeutic Touch.

Hospitals are responding, discovering for themselves the many benefits Reiki can offer. “As our health care system challenges institutions to offer high-quality but cost-effective service, Reiki is being recognized as an important tool to maximize patient care and minimize recovery time,” according to Libby Barnett and Maggie Babb, co-authors of Reiki Energy Medicine: Bringing Healing Touch into Home, Hospital and Hospice.

Reiki: Patients love it.
For example, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York not only offers Reiki therapy to patients but also teaches Reiki once a month, inviting the patients’ caregivers, the patients themselves, and the general public to learn it. “Patients love it,” says Simone Zappa, RN, an administrator in the Integrative Medicine Department at Memorial Sloan-Kettering. “And they love it because it works.”

According to an International Association of Reiki Professionals (IARP) study of “America’s Best Hospitals” (the top 25 ranked by U.S. News and World Report in 2002), 60% of them had formal or informal Reiki programs in place. All hospitals using Reiki said that they believed Reiki to be at least somewhat beneficial for patients, and 67% said they believed Reiki to be highly beneficial.

Dr. Oz used Reiki in his practice for over 10 years
The highest profile advocate of complementary therapies, especially Reiki, continues to be Mehmet Oz, M.D., Professor and Vice Chairman of Surgery at Columbia University in New York City, Director of the Cardiovascular Institute, and Founder and Director for the Complementary Medicine Program at New York Presbyterian Hospital. Dr. Oz has used Reiki and Therapeutic Touch therapists in his cardiovascular surgeries for more than 10 years. And because he frequently talks about energy medicine on his television show, the general public as well as healthcare professionals are hearing about the implications of these therapies from a credible Western medical source.

The highest profile advocate of complementary therapies, especially Reiki, continues to be Mehmet Oz, M.D., Professor and Vice Chairman of Surgery at Columbia University in New York City, Director of the Cardiovascular Institute, and Founder and Director for the Complementary Medicine Program at New York Presbyterian Hospital. Dr. Oz has used Reiki and Therapeutic Touch therapists in his cardiovascular surgeries for more than 10 years. And because he frequently talks about energy medicine on his television show, the general public as well as healthcare professionals are hearing about the implications of these therapies from a credible Western medical source.

“We’re beginning now to understand things that we know in our hearts are true but we could never measure. As we get better at understanding how little we know about the body, we begin to realize that the next big frontier in medicine is energy medicine,” according to Dr. Oz.

Dr. Oz has conducted research on the effects of Reiki on his surgical patients with Julie Motz, RN, a Reiki-trained therapist, who assisted Dr. Oz during 11 open heart surgeries and heart transplants. These 11 patients had no post-operative depression, pain or leg weakness; no organ rejection (in transplants); a better functioning immune system, and a positive attitude toward healing.

Read more here: http://iarp.org/reiki-clinical-setting/

It goes into the hospitals working reiki on people pregnant, reiki and the heart, reiki and children. very interesting.

Reactions: Stargazer
OP
Mike

Mike

Healer & Empath
Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2016
Southern, California
www.facebook.com
Lol it is so awesome to have someone with such high status (M.D., Professor and Vice Chairman of Surgery at Columbia University in New York City, Director of the Cardiovascular Institute, and Founder and Director for the Complementary Medicine Program at New York Presbyterian Hospital) to be an advocate for this, to go on tv and talk about his use with reiki! Wow! I can't imagine how many people look up to this guy. he is doing a HUGE service by assisting in the increase use of reiki in hospitals. I love it!

OP
Mike

Mike

Healer & Empath
Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2016
Southern, California
www.facebook.com
In a recent post, Melanie Robinson announced that reiki has become redundant because it was designed to help within the matrix system and now the latter is dissolving.
Oh Reiki is never not needed or redundant. It's something that will last forever. Also it wasn't built at all, it was given to us by source to use.

In many ways it or something like it have been around thousands of years and will continue for another loooong time. No, reiki is not redundant I don't know who this person is but reiki wasn't "built."

It, reiki is pure source energy outside time space ie outside the matrix therefore when it comes to wonderful reiki the matrix is irrelevant since the matrix is a large part of time space and reiki is outside of the matrix.

Of course the matrix is dissolving you are right, well more like a change in octaves and or vibration/density changing dimensions rather than dissolving. 3d will still be there. But for sake of word let's say the matrix is dissolving, wouldn't that free the reiki keeping it from being so restricted and more widely used? Given that energy cannot be created nor destroyed, reiki wasn't built but the matrix IS leaving our realities. I love that :)

I just thought I'd give you my knowledge or reply on your comment regarding that. Feel free to post more. we are all free to post what we feel is right. :) nice to meet you slayer :)

Ps I used to have worked in hospitals and using reiki in hospital room to room and when I was there I noticed it was really and is finally catching on and more hospitals around the world are using it like the UK not just the US.

I give it less than 8 years and it will be mainstream. Feel free to post your thoughts you are most welcome too here :)

Last edited:

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
A recent program on PBS television (US only) followed several Native American women physicians who incorporate the healing ideas and practices from their tribes with their western practice. They found that treating the whole person - mind, body, spirit yielded more success.

https://www.transients.info/roundtable/threads/medicine-woman-pbs-television.1609/

Reiki, like Oriental Medicine, and newer techniques such as manual therapy, operate on the idea that helping the body into a more balanced state allows the body to heal itself.

As fast as changes are happening now, I think it may be awhile before we have no illness or injuries. So, we will continue to need a little help.

Reactions: Mike and Stargazer
OP
Mike

Mike

Healer & Empath
Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2016
Southern, California
www.facebook.com
A recent program on PBS television (US only) followed several Native American women physicians who incorporate the healing ideas and practices from their tribes with their western practice. They found that treating the whole person - mind, body, spirit yielded more success.

https://www.transients.info/roundtable/threads/medicine-woman-pbs-television.1609/

Reiki, like Oriental Medicine, and newer techniques such as manual therapy, operate on the idea that helping the body into a more balanced state allows the body to heal itself.

As fast as changes are happening now, I think it may be awhile before we have no illness or injuries. So, we will continue to need a little help.
Veerry interesting!

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
NHS advertises for 'reiki or spiritual healer' for Essex hospital
A job advertisement put forward by the NHS for a 'reiki/spiritual healer' to work within the breast cancer unit of a hospital in Essex has been branded "surreal" and a "waste of money".
The British Humanist Association (BHA) condemned the decision to recruit for a healer to work at St Margaret's Hospital in Epping, part of The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust, on a fixed term, two sessions-a-week contract worth £22,000.

In a cutting comment about the ad, which will be taking applications until 22 October, the organisation tweeted: "That's £22,000 better spent on medicine and more nurses."

The ad, for a complementary therapist treating eight patients a week, states: "The therapist will provide Reiki/Spiritual healing to patients to enable them to cope with the emotional, physical and spiritual issues of dealing with their cancer journey.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/nhs-advertises-for-reiki-or-spiritual-healer-for-essex-hospital-a6685866.html

Reactions: Stargazer and Mike
OP
Mike

Mike

Healer & Empath
Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2016
Southern, California
www.facebook.com
NHS advertises for 'reiki or spiritual healer' for Essex hospital
A job advertisement put forward by the NHS for a 'reiki/spiritual healer' to work within the breast cancer unit of a hospital in Essex has been branded "surreal" and a "waste of money".
The British Humanist Association (BHA) condemned the decision to recruit for a healer to work at St Margaret's Hospital in Epping, part of The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust, on a fixed term, two sessions-a-week contract worth £22,000.

In a cutting comment about the ad, which will be taking applications until 22 October, the organisation tweeted: "That's £22,000 better spent on medicine and more nurses."

The ad, for a complementary therapist treating eight patients a week, states: "The therapist will provide Reiki/Spiritual healing to patients to enable them to cope with the emotional, physical and spiritual issues of dealing with their cancer journey.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/nhs-advertises-for-reiki-or-spiritual-healer-for-essex-hospital-a6685866.html

Ooh I wish I could find a place like that. How neat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)