Recipes - sharing your kitchen creations and favourite dishes (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Lilia: Hello!
This thread is here to collect all the tips and tricks helpful in the kitchen! For now it doesnt matter if you share gluten-free, standard diet, vegetarian, low carb or other recipes, maybe when the collection grows bigger i might split it into different threads for better overview.
so go on and cook, bake and blend and report it here :)

Gluten-free pie crust

Ok - take notes....

Buy a box of gluten free cookies. (I like lemon shortbread or pecan sandies.)
Crumble the cookies.
Add butter.
Press into pie shell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
That's clever Linda. I am not pie person, but I could use it to make a cheesecake which I love.

I am wheat and yeast intolerant which makes life tricky, especially when travelling because everything is wheat.

I have just discovered gluten free pasta which I eat EVERY DAY because I love the combination of tomato, cheese and pesto.

I have a theory that my intolerance is a manifestation of deep unconscious anger sitting in my gut, so I am on a journey to connect to that anger and dissolve it (hence no sweet pies)

Samara

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Passau, Germany
here's one I really LOVE :) <3

and its absolutely healthy... and delicious... and awesome lol

raw vegan Blueberry Cake

Crust: 1 cup almonds

2/3 cup pitted, dates

In a food processor, grind the almonds. Add the dates and combine.

Filling:

2 cups wild blueberries

1 cup cashews

1 tbs lemon juice

2-3 tbs melted cacao butter (coconut oil works too)

Blend the first 3 ingredients until smooth. Add the butter and blend to incorporate. Pour over the crust and chill to set (I did it overnight).

Pomegranate Sauce: squeezed pomegranate seeds, strawberries, agave, coconut oil, lemon juice

J

John Swails

That's clever Linda. I am not pie person, but I could use it to make a cheesecake which I love.

I am wheat and yeast intolerant which makes life tricky, especially when travelling because everything is wheat.

I have just discovered gluten free pasta which I eat EVERY DAY because I love the combination of tomato, cheese and pesto.

I have a theory that my intolerance is a manifestation of deep unconscious anger sitting in my gut, so I am on a journey to connect to that anger and dissolve it (hence no sweet pies)
I agree. Thats something a lot of people are keying in on. Our guts are the key. My wife is big into this now. I see that many other scientists and others are finding this out as well. Clif High has a few videos on it as well over the years.

I have to work on my gut more as well. I feel that these new homeopathic herbal supplements have started to work wonders in that regard. Also why I have started to have my own teas of mint and chamomile and ginger for around the house.

Reactions: Stargazer and Linda

Jenny

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
I've just recently (about three months ago) cut out meat and dairy products to focus on a more plant-based way of eating and feel better for it (apart from what I think are some detox symptoms - had my first cold in a couple of years last week!) I'd really welcome hearing about any recommended tasty cooked (or even better, raw) vegan recipes - am trawling through the internet as well, but it can be a bit hit and miss sometimes!

Reactions: Stargazer

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016

Hi POD!

You are the first other person I've "met" who is also yeast intolerant. For me, it is BOTH baker's & brewer's yeast. I went yeast free for a year & lost sooooo much weight. It's back in my diet b/c it is pretty unavoidable--yeast is added to so many foods! I haven't seen yeast free bread for a few years; however, I have made it a few times. What do you do to avoid yeast? Also, do you have any yeast-free product recommendations?
Thank you! Xoxo

Reactions: Pod and Stargazer

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Hi POD!

You are the first other person I've "met" who is also yeast intolerant. For me, it is BOTH baker's & brewer's yeast. I went yeast free for a year & lost sooooo much weight. It's back in my diet b/c it is pretty unavoidable--yeast is added to so many foods! I haven't seen yeast free bread for a few years; however, I have made it a few times. What do you do to avoid yeast? Also, do you have any yeast-free product recommendations?
Thank you! Xoxo
Hallo Loveling,

I have lots I can tell you about my journey but right now I am fighting a cold/chest infection and am not at my best. Please wait whilst I heal. However, one of the most powerful tools I have found in my healing was salt water flushes. I use 2 teaspoons salt to 1 litre of warm water. Good pink salt. I did this for many weeks, twice a week (Monday and Tuesday) mornings. It helped immensely. Better than colonic irrigation and almost free.

http://www.yogitrition.com/salt-water-flush-for-colon-cleansing/

Lai Jumoke

Involved Wayfarer
Retired Moderator
Raw Carrot Cake:
1. grated carrots,
2. to bind them together I used 50% honey and 50% orange juice (squeezed at home)- beat them with a whisk. I put honey in a salad bowl and I added the orange juice bit by bit... after 7 minutes or so, it turned in a nice consistency.
3. mix step 1 and 2 ingreidients, put a bit of cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. Put them in a cake bowl, I put them in small yogurt cups and refrigerated for 4 hours.
5. low fat creme/ cashew butter beaten with orange juice and orange zest to make some cream to top.

Cannot find the photos.

Jenny

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Raw Carrot Cake:
1. grated carrots,
2. to bind them together I used 50% honey and 50% orange juice (squeezed at home)- beat them with a whisk. I put honey in a salad bowl and I added the orange juice bit by bit... after 7 minutes or so, it turned in a nice consistency.
3. mix step 1 and 2 ingreidients, put a bit of cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. Put them in a cake bowl, I put them in small yogurt cups and refrigerated for 4 hours.
5. low fat creme/ cashew butter beaten with orange juice and orange zest to make some cream to top.

Cannot find the photos.
Thanks Lai - that sounds amazing! I'll give that a try this weekend.

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Hi POD!

Thank you! Xoxo
The only thing I can say about yeast is stay away from it if you are intolerant because you are damaging your gut if you eat it Anaeika. The lining of your gut is only one cell thick and is so easily harmed. Then you cannot absorb nutrients properly and can get leaky gut syndrome.

Yes yeast is in so many things.....oven chips, Kettle potato crisps, the flavoured ones. I think that the reason we are sensitive is that it is massively overused in the food industry and it upsets the microbiome. I believe that a lot of people are sensitive to yeast and gluten but do not equate their symptoms with a food allergy or they do not have symptoms yet.

I live on rice cakes and eat brown rice a lot. I have given up everything gluten free except for the pasta. I have a very, very simple diet and I eat to live. Because I am so careful I am able to have the odd glass of wine but never beer or champagne.

I use Tamari instead of soya sauce.

The other thing that I think is important is being aware of my Microbiome health in general......so I no longer scrub my body. I never use anything antibacterial.
I try to eat raw, unwashed fruit and vegetables as often as possible, like the lettuce in the gardens, bitter now and cold but covered in healthy bacteria. Yummy! I have grown kale this year and that is great raw in the bullet machine that pulps everything.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
The only thing I can say about yeast is stay away from it if you are intolerant because you are damaging your gut if you eat it Anaeika. The lining of your gut is only one cell thick and is so easily harmed. Then you cannot absorb nutrients properly and can get leaky gut syndrome.

Yes yeast is in so many things.....oven chips, Kettle potato crisps, the flavoured ones. I think that the reason we are sensitive is that it is massively overused in the food industry and it upsets the microbiome. I believe that a lot of people are sensitive to yeast and gluten but do not equate their symptoms with a food allergy or they do not have symptoms yet.

I live on rice cakes and eat brown rice a lot. I have given up everything gluten free except for the pasta. I have a very, very simple diet and I eat to live. Because I am so careful I am able to have the odd glass of wine but never beer or champagne.

I use Tamari instead of soya sauce.

The other thing that I think is important is being aware of my Microbiome health in general......so I no longer scrub my body. I never use anything antibacterial.
I try to eat raw, unwashed fruit and vegetables as often as possible, like the lettuce in the gardens, bitter now and cold but covered in healthy bacteria. Yummy! I have grown kale this year and that is great raw in the bullet machine that pulps everything.
My dr advised me to go yeast-free again after I stop breast-feeding b/c the dying yeast could release too many toxins. Also, I stay away from sugar, bc yeast eats sugar. And then a good probiotic helps encourages a higher bacteria to yeast ratio, keeping the flora in balance.

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
My dr advised me to go yeast-free again after I stop breast-feeding b/c the dying yeast could release too many toxins. Also, I stay away from sugar, bc yeast eats sugar. And then a good probiotic helps encourages a higher bacteria to yeast ratio, keeping the flora in balance.
Today is a Perfect Poo Day!

That is what it is like living with a damaged gut. It's the small perfectly formed stools that make your day brighter.

Attachments

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Well, poo is an intimate subject but an essential one to knowing that your bio-machine (body) is performing to its ultimate by transmogrifying everything it can to transform into energy, and relegating everything else to the waste!

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
knowing that your bio-machine (body) is performing to its ultimate by transmogrifying everything it can to transform into energy
Yes Melt, that is the celebration isn't it? I am noticing more and more that you have a true gift for hitting the nail on the head. I find it comforting because I know you understand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)