Rainbow Weather (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
This should have been posted yesterday, but didn't have time then...

Woke up in the morning to brilliant sunshine. Then noticed a cloud. It was dark, but wasn't dark. It looked like a 'bright dark'... some things just don't translate well into words. Anyway, over the course of the day the clouds multiplied and did darken the sunshine that had been pouring through, plus the temperature dropped a lot. Still, the quality of the grey clouds was a certain bright quality that felt really positive and looked different from what we usually call 'grey'.

I couldn't place it for a long time. Eventually, I realized what it was. It was rainbow weather.

We once lived in a place where at a certain time of evening, for some reason, it was often possible to see a rainbow. I was often out that time of evening for that reason and I got to know that particular colour of grey that is almost shimmering with the colours of the rainbow... and then, when that quality appeared, the rainbow would follow. Sometimes it was a full bow, others times partial. Sometimes it would last. Other times it faded quick. Still others it doubled or even tripled in places. But that colour of grey was 'pregnant with the possibility of colour'.

They say white is the colour you get when you mix all the colours of a rainbow. And, if you have a rainbow-maker that you can put on your window on a bright day you can show this. There will be a linear or round rainbow (depending on the shape of your crystal) and, in some of them, you'll get a bright white center.
But it also seems to be true that there is a sort of translucent or 'bright' grey colour that gives rise to rainbows... or is a step away from becoming a rainbow.

Anyone else every seen anything like this?
The colour I refer to is much like the 'bright grey' between the rainbow bands in this pic. I find it a joyful colour:
upload_2018-1-10_21-6-55.jpeg

The white from a mix of all the colours is visible in this pic though it's placement seems a little distorted from where I usually see it:

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I know what you mean and call them purple clouds. There are some sunsets here with purple and pink clouds, and sometimes the light is pink, too (like in Paris). One of the early slogans for Austin was the City of the Violet Crown.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
A very lovely post, and you're quite right about the cloud looking "pregnant". I used to live right on the ocean shore for a number of years, and I could virtually see the clouds out to sea sucking up moisture, to become bigger, heavier, pregnant (and rainbow-making) clouds. Then of course, the laden cloud would let loose its burden and the process would start all over again. But it's really something to see water going up (and everything gets a white, pearly look).

OP
Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Ooh, I'm so glad to hear from others who have noticed the pregnant purple clouds! Just because they are so magical. It's a comment akin to 'sparkles make everything better', lol:-D

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
The Bible says, “I have set my rainbow in the clouds.” —Genesis 9:13

I was wondering how to respond to your post and found this verse while reading The Berenstain Bears to my son before his nap today. I thought how perfect is that?!

<3

Reactions: Stargazer and Lila

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)