Quotes from Gandhi (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Brian

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 28, 2016
California
“If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. ... We need not wait to see what others do.”

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."

OP
Brian

Brian

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 28, 2016
California
“If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. ... We need not wait to see what others do.”

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."
My thoughts on this.

You can change and when you do, your world changes with you. Thus, direct the sail of this world rather than waiting for another... Empowering and true. Free will.

To forgive is to move on, to advance. Before you can help another, one must first help themselves. It is when one helps another that they show the world that they are strong. As you can only give if you have.

Balance. Harmony. Peace. To find that equilibrium within life would bring content. To make 2 into 1....

:p

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
My thoughts on this.

You can change and when you do, your world changes with you.
To forgive is to move on, to advance.
I've noticed that when I change my behavior, particularly in an ongoing, repeating pattern with another, the other is stunned for a bit - like the wall they were accustomed to bouncing off of is suddenly gone. The next part is interesting, too. For me it feels as though they now have a space to make a change.

A person in my life and I had a pattern of his picking a fight and me responding. One day I stopped. He was pissed at first and asked why I was not saying anything. I replied that I chose not to be part of this situation. He stomped off, but came back in a little while, asking how I did that.

OP
Brian

Brian

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 28, 2016
California
I've noticed that when I change my behavior, particularly in an ongoing, repeating pattern with another, the other is stunned for a bit - like the wall they were accustomed to bouncing off of is suddenly gone. The next part is interesting, too. For me it feels as though they now have a space to make a change.

A person in my life and I had a pattern of his picking a fight and me responding. One day I stopped. He was pissed at first and asked why I was not saying anything. I replied that I chose not to be part of this situation. He stomped off, but came back in a little while, asking how I did that.
Your actions are a reflection of yourself. Thus, that sounds like a good way to bring change to others as... if another is angry at you and letting off steam, then if you welcome them with a calming manner and a peaceful face sooner or later, they'll learn better. :p

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
An important one to be reminded of now and then.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016

Forgiveness takes strength. So does asking for help. Both leave the world a more harmonious place and all parties stronger for the change.

The Ted Talk by Michelle Sullivan that Laron recently posted looks at asking for help as a sign of strength and the often surprising incidents it can spark: https://www.transients.info/roundtable/threads/asking-for-help-is-a-strength-not-a-weakness.2495/ I liked it a lot.

Bringing ourselves into synch, now there's a worthy pursuit<3

Reactions: Brian and Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)