Princess Leia Died (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
Carrie Fisher who played Princess Leia on the first Starwars Movie died Tuesday of a heart aneurysm. Her mother Debbie Reynolds was very close to her and they even lived right next to each other. Reynolds went into a kind of grief stroke and died just 24 hours after her daughter's death. What a tight bond these women had to have died together right after Christmas. They will be missed.

IMG_5129.JPG

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
That's a great picture of them together. I have been thinking about her mother passing so soon after, since I heard about it yesterday. When I did my research to find some quotes for the latest edition of Unraveled, I had the distinct impression that Carrie Fisher sufferred from depression most of her life, which was public knowledge I found out later on, but I think it was pretty serious.

It was interesting to hear that she had an affair with Harrison Ford when they filmed Star Wars, which she spoke about in her recent book.

OP
Vickie

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
That's a great picture of them together. I have been thinking about her mother passing so soon after, since I heard about it yesterday. When I did my research to find some quotes for the latest edition of Unraveled, I had the distinct impression that Carrie Fisher sufferred from depression most of her life, which was public knowledge I found out later on, but I think it was pretty serious.

It was interesting to hear that she had an affair with Harrison Ford when they filmed Star Wars, which she spoke about in her recent book.
I had seen an interview with Carrie Fisher a while back. In the interview she discussed her depression and said that she had gotten into drugs and drinking for a long time to try to feel better but she had finally gotten through those addictions. Her mom Debbie Reynolds had taken care of Fisher when she was at her lowest and that's why they lived next to each other.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016

Yes, she was a mental health care advocate, speaking candidly of her diagnosis and reducing stigma. She had bipolar d/o, which is a unique form of depression ( as opposed to unipolar depression) which includes manic highs. During mania, she was said to write on everything, (paper, walls, floors, etc) until her pens would run out of ink and stay awake for days. Because of her transparency, she has helped others recognize symptoms of mental illness & to get help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)