Promoted Practical tips using essential oils during flu season (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
BC68503A-1958-4483-AD72-E8653C860F64.jpeg
(FLOOM)

Tis the season for the flu, which is currently spreading in my house. Below I share some of my tips that I personally use on my family of natural ways to boost immunity and alleviate symptoms using essential oils.

My home remedy is a flu bomb called FLOOM.
F-Frankincense
L-lemon
O-oregano
O-on-guard/thieve’s oil
M- Melalueca

(These oils have therapuetic antimicrobial properties. It is important to use oils from a reputable company that tests every batch & practices ethical sourcing. There are many synthetics on the market, so this is very important for good results.)

I put 10 drops of lemon and 5 drops of the rest in a 10 mL roller bottle with fractionated coconut oil (to dilute). Apply every 2 hours as symptoms persist, then 3x a day for the next 1-2 days afterwards.

These oils can also safely be diffused.

I felt the onset of flu-like symptoms this morning, but am feeling much better as the day continues after using this flu bomb.

43E78CDC-0BF3-4D37-B93D-07DFA39A5A5D.jpeg
(Picture of glass roller bottle)

My 3 year old was complaining of ear pain & pressure associated with his symptoms, so this is what I did.

I put 4 drops of lavender, 2 drops of melalueca, & 2 drops of roman chamomile with fractionated coconut oil into a roller bottle and rolled it onto his spine and bottoms of his feet.

He was asleep within 5 minutes and woke up about 2 hours later without complaint.

Lavender & roman chamomile are very calming, while the whole combination is antimicrobial. Lavender also can break or lower a temperature.

Lastly, I was feeling quite nauseous, which was quickly remedied by swallowing 1 drop of ginger in a full glass of sparkling water. (Regular water or juice is fine too. Make sure to hydrate if making the decision to take internally, as it is very concentrated. Note, make sure the oil has been tested and is safe to do so.)

***It is also very important to dilute the oils when applying topically on children and anyone who has sensitive skin and always if the oil is considered hot.

Also, I have to add a disclaimer that these are my personal experiences and that I am not trying to diagnose or treat. It is my intention to share some home remedies that work for us.

Please feel free to share some of your alternative home remedies. :)

{Laron: This thread has been promoted to the front page of transients.info. Any responses here will show within the front page article comments.}

Last edited by a moderator:

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I've had one bad flu this year, one medium (less than a week) and I can feel the very same virus trying to get in to have another go (and we've just headed into summer!) I've been taking a herbal remedy (Ease a Cold) to stay one step ahead of it, which is working but I love the sound of your home remedy and its particular combination probably makes it highly effective. I have a question - I recently put three jars of rosemary oil essence around my home (enough so that I can breathe in the aroma). Do you think this could have any effect against flu microbes?

OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Hailstones Melt , hmm, my first thought is the method you are using, as essential oils are volatile. Simply inhaling them gets into your system. Did you add a carrier oil to the jars to keep the essential oils in them? How long do you leave them around your house? They will lose their effectiveness if exposed to oxygen & will oxidize. Do you have a diffuser, as this method is very effective & preferred among oilers.

According to my reference book, Modern Essentials:
Rosmarinus officinalis CT 1,8 Cineol is commonly used to treat flu in France. Its properties are: Analgesic, antibacterial, anticancer, anticatarrhal, antifungal, anti-infectious, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and expectorant.

You can use it topically & aromatically.

Apply to thymus area, chest, back, sinuses, or reflex points on the feet. Add 1–2 drops to hot bathwater, and bathe. Dilute 1–2 drops in 1 Tbs carrier oil and massage on chest, back, and feet.

If the brand is safe for internal use, then it is also recommended to take 1 drop under the tongue.

Hope this information helps you.

Reactions: Stargazer and Laron

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
When you say diffuser, I have the diffuser sticks, but the jar necks are open, to accommodate them (slim necks). I probably replace the oils between 3 and 6 months, and I always try to have the same one throughout, so that from room to room the aroma is similar.

I stumbled on the rosemary oil by good fortune, not by planning - but the result is the same!

OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
3DAD6131-7AAD-4699-B5DF-6E6A2FF76C95.jpeg There is nothing wrong with a $20 one found online. I have the one in the above picture for that price and I also have an expensive name brand one, which work equally well. I like this one because it changes color. The biggest different between this one and my fancy one is that the later has different settings and timers.

There’s another one in my car. I usually put oils in there to alleviate motion sickness or calming oils, as I tend to stress out in Houston traffic and this helps me stay centered.

My goal is to have one in every room of my house, but am just not there yet! Ha!

They’re easy to use, as you just pour in water and then add a few drops of your preferred oil. It plugs in and it diffuses throughout the entire room. It’s a cool steam that comes out, so it works especially well for sinus issues.

There’s also diffuser jewelry you can wear so it is on you all day.

I usually buy in bulk from Aromatools—one of my secrets! They also have good books and reliable information.
https://www.aromatools.com/

OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Update:

Avoid the flu vaccine. Per WHO & Medscape, the vaccine does not match the flu virus strain that is circulating around. It is only 10% effective. Due to this, the flu is expected to be a bad one, but it doesn’t have to be. Despite the fact that this year’s vaccine is not going to be particularly helpful, some people still decide to get the vaccine. If this is the case, demand a single vial dose without mercury.

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/889563?nlid=119420_4503&src=wnl_dne_171206_mscpedit&uac=107605MV&impID=1501592&faf=1#vp_1

Reactions: Lila

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
This made our local news with an interview with a doctor. He explained that the vaccine does not work with the current strain, but we should get one anyway. We started laughing - really?

Reactions: Lila and Anaeika
OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Linda , b/c money, that’s why.
Smmeeesh! “Get one anyway”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)