1. Welcome Guest
    Welcome to the Roundtable Forum, the community boards for www.transients.info. If you have an account already, please log in, otherwise feel free to sign up. Note that you will be unable to post new threads, reply to existing threads, or have access to some boards and information unless you are logged in after signing up with a forum account. By being registered you can also post comments on front page articles using your forum Account.
    Dismiss Notice

Permaculture in your front yard

Discussion in 'Homesteading, Horticulture, Permaculture, Prepping' started by Linda, Jan 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Linda

Linda Sweetheart of the Rodeo Staff Member Global Moderator Administrator

We have a local gardening program that shares interesting ideas and tips for our area (central Texas). This family turned their front yard into a garden, which then turned into food sharing with neighbors, a farmer's market, and education about fruits and veggies. It was especially popular with families with children, who had no idea where what they ate came from.

I'm attaching the short 8 minute video so you can see how these people went about their project.

• Divine Divine x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  2. Vickie

Vickie Boundless Creation Retired Moderator

I tried my hand at growing vegetables and found that it's a lot more work than I thought and I wasn't very good at it. I can't stand the idea of spraying the plants with pesticides so I never got much out of my garden. The bugs, birds, deer, raccoons and all other wildlife were very happy about my vegetable garden.:confused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Divine Divine x 1