New Finnish Beer - "Let's Settle This Thing Like Adults" (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Gotta love the Fins -

Whether the upcoming Helsinki summit between U.S. President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin accomplishes anything remains to be seen.
But a small Finnish craft brewery is hoping that the meeting helps sell beer. RPS Brewing has issued a limited-edition lager depicting cartoon versions of the two leaders on its label, and called "Let's Settle This Like Adults." A catchphrase at the bottom of the label says, "Making Lager Great Again."
The beer has been in high demand since it hit shelves nationwide a few days ago. The whole 10,000-bottle lot sold out. Samples have also been delivered to the U.S. and Russian embassies in Helsinki. CEO Samuli Huuhtanen told the Associated Press on Saturday that "a couple of good beers can help any negotiations," especially if followed by a visit to a Finnish sauna.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/07/15/trump-putin-summit-inspires-beer-called-lets-settle-this-like-adults.html

Watching the joint news conference - looks like they may have.

Reactions: Lila and Kristiina

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
This is the perfect antidote to the whingers who have beset the internet over this meeting.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
That is how adults settle things, take a moment to unruffle their feathers; with a beer, a sauna, a joke, a whatever works for them... then pause another moment to choose the right time and place and thing to say. When that is all in place and clear, an adult starts to talk.
The power of the pause:D

...along with one's favourite accoutrement. Mine would be chocolate, perhaps along with a glass of wine as I am not a beer fan and absolutely vital would be a bevy of friends grinning with me. The beautiful part is that you bring along to these things that which you love:cool:

So glad to hear this news.
Thanks for bringing in the post, Linda. The world needs to hear more of this kind of news!

Reactions: Linda

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
"a couple of good beers can help any negotiations," especially if followed by a visit to a Finnish sauna.
I like this bit.

And for those that missed the photo, here it is:

settle.jpg

I find it sad how some people can only open up after having alcohol and therefore they rely upon it for that purpose.

Reactions: Linda

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
And real party after alcool consumption. A real wrong thinking aporoach

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
I find it sad how some people can only open up after having alcohol and therefore they rely upon it for that purpose.
Yup. Thats a testement to the fear and lack of understanding here. If everyone was open in their thoughts and speech most all issues today would evaporate. I've always been outspoken and exceedingly honest. Most don't know how to take me nor understand how I operate. It's ok then they'll figure it out...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)